PDA

View Full Version : your opinion please

_slayer_
08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
sorry for making a post that you probabally get all the time. i have been playing for around 4 years now and been using pumps for about a year. now i'm playing night ball at a local field where alot of teams come out and play. i'm holding my own with my ccm pump but i've been using my teamates timmy for the last couple of days and been doing alot better. but i hate electros and try to stay as far away from the tourny sceen while still playing speedball. so i am in the market for a semi. i don't feal like converting one of my snipers to semi because i'm done with cockers. and i figure go for a mag because it is not a common gun in my neck of the woods and i have used varouis mags in the past and found them to peform really well. x mag was my favorite. anyways i don't have a mamoth wallet. would it be better to start off with a 68 classic and go from there or buy the parts that i want and build something exactly how i want it. thanks for your imput.

Lohman446
08-09-2005, 05:35 PM
sorry for making a post that you probabally get all the time. i have been playing for around 4 years now and been using pumps for about a year. now i'm playing night ball at a local field where alot of teams come out and play. i'm holding my own with my ccm pump but i've been using my teamates timmy for the last couple of days and been doing alot better. but i hate electros and try to stay as far away from the tourny sceen while still playing speedball. so i am in the market for a semi. i don't feal like converting one of my snipers to semi because i'm done with cockers. and i figure go for a mag because it is not a common gun in my neck of the woods and i have used varouis mags in the past and found them to peform really well. x mag was my favorite. anyways i don't have a mamoth wallet. would it be better to start off with a 68 classic and go from there or buy the parts that i want and build something exactly how i want it. thanks for your imput.

In my opinion the 68 classic fed with a Halo / Empire was the best marker ever made by AGD. It had some issues The following apply t most everything except a classic RT

People wanted vertical feed and 'cocker threaded barrels - along comes the ULE body. This gives you just that, and saves weight. It is aluminum and some people have said there may be a long term durability issue. However, this has not proven true and there are many of them out there. There may be an issue with body flex, meaning the front and rear bolts have to be the same tightness or close, no big deal.

People wanted a higher rate of fire. The classic valve is only good for about 13 balls per second before drop off. The RT valve (also called in various incarnations) is good for 30+ BPS without shoot down. It is known as the RT, Retro, and X valve (I'm sure there are others). Some are aluminum, some are steel, and some have Level 10 installed on them.

People wanted an anti-chop system on a mechanical. Level 10 makes it less likely (though not impossible) to chop by using a two speed bolt. Standard on the X-valve it is available on any AGD valve as an add-on. I personally do not like it, it does require some minor tuning - others have liked it much more than I and yes it does HELP cut down on chops. In my opinion a good force feed loader does this better though.

People wanted a lighter trigger pull - the ULE trigger (or ULT) was invented. It allows you to lighten (though lengthen) the trigger pull - it is available on all X-valves and some of the other valves depending on machining.

People wanted dual triggers - the intelliframe (or various frames from dealers here) gives you that.

I recommend buying them all together at once (ULE trigger optional) at the AGD site or from one of the various dealers around here. It saves you money in the long run. There are other options, like the Y-grip, but someone else can get into that.

_slayer_
08-09-2005, 06:11 PM
thanks for all of the help. one more question. i have owned sheridans in the past and know how you can mount a mag or cocker frame on them with some minor milling. so dose that mean that i can throw a cocker frame on a mag?

Lohman446
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
thanks for all of the help. one more question. i have owned sheridans in the past and know how you can mount a mag or cocker frame on them with some minor milling. so dose that mean that i can throw a cocker frame on a mag?

Possible - maybe? I don't think I have seen it successfully done.

RingOfScale
08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
slayer, its probably technically *possible*, but would take some work. Anyway, it would be economical to build a mag totally from the ground up when you could get a pre-made package, like the ULE custom. I would sugest RogueFactor's RPG Pro Custom. Check it out at www.themagsmith.com

-rIng

_slayer_
08-09-2005, 08:54 PM
i know it would be cheaper in the long run just to get everything at once but being 15 with no real job except for reffing dosen't make for alot of cash. thanks for the ideas

dolphin1823
08-10-2005, 09:49 AM
I'd check E-bay for starters, you can usually find some mags with upgrades and some times nitro tanks and loaders for good prices.
Also don't let the Level 10 kit scare ya, if you follow the directions on the mini cd or you can print them out from airgun.com, you shouldn't have any problems. I've had my Lv10 installed for 2 years, no chops, and only had to mess with it when I play indoors and have to shoot at a lower velosity (sp? why doesn't AO have spell check :D )
some people are scared of it because it may take them 15 minutes to change out a carrier :eek:

Good Luck

MoneyShot
08-10-2005, 10:25 AM
i would either go to ebay and buy a cheap mag there, but if you dont want a used gun just ref a whole lot and then go the themagsmith.com and build your own custom mag that will rip.

Jerzee201
08-10-2005, 10:31 AM
If you're going to get/build a mag,

I'd say start with a Emag/RT/X-Valve with the L10 bolt & ULT(if you can get it along with a deal).

Once you have one of those, you already have the anti-chop, fast recharging, and light pull(ULT).

I've sold my emag valve with a Lvl10&ULT for $130 shipped, I'm sure you can find another deal similar to that...

Once you have the valve, work your way up around it. The Misc. Thread has some great deals on Automag components if you're going for the 'dirt cheap' route. ie. used/beat up classic rails, single trigger frames, old classic bodies, and so on....

I must stress getting one of the valves mentioned, for if you do decide to step up to mid-high end, you'll have the valve that will keep up with high RoF.

_slayer_
08-10-2005, 02:03 PM
ahhh, i hate this. i found out that my teamate just got a used proto matrix even though he has a timmy LOL. anyways i'll use the proto till around the end of the year and god willing i'll have enough for a kick *** mag. i was thinking a karta body, x valve, somebody sells the 90* frame, and i'll use my ccm carbon fiber barrel kit and buy a ccm no pro feedneck. that would be a kick *** setup.

Chronobreak
08-10-2005, 02:35 PM
ahhh, i hate this. i found out that my teamate just got a used proto matrix even though he has a timmy LOL. anyways i'll use the proto till around the end of the year and god willing i'll have enough for a kick *** mag. i was thinking a karta body, x valve, somebody sells the 90* frame, and i'll use my ccm carbon fiber barrel kit and buy a ccm no pro feedneck. that would be a kick *** setup.

buy a used mag here(ao) with the listed accesories above that sound good.

if i was you i would just visit the agd store or one fo the dealers and get a minimag/pro classic/68 classic or something along those lines.

store.airgun.com
themagsmith.com
tunamart.com
whitewolfairsmithing.com

also the bst on pbn thers usualy mags for CHEAP..when you can find em.

if you want the karta thing..maybe used...fromt eh sounds of it you dont want to/cant afford a $300 body/rail

also a used x-valved ule rt goes for around $325~ or so and GREAt deals. then you can upgrade from there

Cameo
08-10-2005, 03:30 PM
mags are great.. just got a 68 as a matter of fact.. I honelsty know nothing about it...But I do knw that I am more comfotable using any random Blazer then I am using the 68... doubt if that helps.. I am just trying to get more ppl to get blazers so that i have a nice list of ppl to borrow them off of. :rofl: