PDA

View Full Version : What to do now??

Cameo
08-10-2005, 04:10 AM
I think that I have finally decided to follow everyones advice and take some much much much needed time off of work.. My Doctor's say that 2 or 3 months of rest should be mega helpful (i don't think I can go without working that long, never have). biggest problem is there are not enough Paintball forums to butt my way into.. so what do I do now? ::scratching head::

Suggestions please!!!

:sleeping:

kosmo
08-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Its football season. You can sit around and watch Pittsburgh get torn apart. Then you can play fantasy football and draft a bunch of Pittsburgh players so you loose. Or you could read about how Pittsburgh didnt do anything in the offseason but get rid of Burress and Bell and now theyre just going to lose for treading water while most everyone else got better. But thats ok, cuz at least the Penguins will start playing again soon. :cheers:

Echo419
08-10-2005, 07:41 AM
See If you can get the nicest Xmag by the end of the period, starting with only 500 dollars.... Or like my a Devil Mag :)

I dont know, I guess I missed something, why are you taking the period off? Like whats wrong with you :(

B.A.M.
08-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Sleep thats what i would do.

Echo419
08-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Sleep thats what i would do.qft

Muzikman
08-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Travel around the US. That is what I should have done with my year off.

kosmo
08-10-2005, 10:03 AM
The US is so boring though. And if you have kids, nearly impossible. But if you could ditch them for a while, go to some backwater country that nobody thinks about. That would be awesome, and a lot cheaper than you think.

Enraged Monk
08-10-2005, 10:13 AM
You could huck rocks at people, just pebles, and then when they arent looking...EAT THEIR SOULS

Gunga
08-10-2005, 10:14 AM
I think that I have finally decided to follow everyones advice and take some much much much needed time off of work.. My Doctor's say that 2 or 3 months of rest should be mega helpful (i don't think I can go without working that long, never have). biggest problem is there are not enough Paintball forums to butt my way into.. so what do I do now? ::scratching head::

Suggestions please!!!

:sleeping:

Musta missed that conversation. Why're you taking time off? How long has it been since you were on vacation?

What I've done when I've been off/unemployed in hte past was go to the various museums that I hadn't been to in years, go see the occasional movie in the early afternoon on a Mon or Tues (no crowds :D ), go have lunch with friends...whatever I felt like basically. Even went to Hawaii to visit family. Oh the horror. ;)

And boy did I get a lot of sleep too. :ninja:

Cameo
08-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Sleep thats what i would do.

Now that is a suggestion the doctor would make... Sleep is soo over rated, I will have pleanty of time to sleep when I die.

Musta missed that conversation. Why're you taking time off? How long has it been since you were on vacation?

I don't think you missed the conversation... um,,, as my boy and girl child put it "Mommies blood is sick, it makes her tired; and she has to go to the place where the other people have no hair" I was pretty closed lipped about it to most for the longest time... I don't think my work knows the full extent..

anywho, does takeing 12 days off for IAO when I live 9 minutes from the field count as a vacation? Or does the bi-weekly trips to the center in Philly count as a vacation (i do try to go into philly proper and take pics, ect). If they don't then the last "vacation" whould have been to Vegas/Sacramento (to Palmers Shop) back in March.

Travel around the US. That is what I should have done with my year off
OK, i will drop the marshmellow monster and girlchild off with you for safe keeping while I am away... wait nevermind, i dislike traveling alone. But good idea none the less.

RevBrown
08-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the wide world of being a slacker. Many oppurtunities are waiting for you. The key to finding your place in the slacker world is not to worry about what to do. Take the first couple of WEEKS to figure that out. You got time just relax don't worry.
If you would like I could send you a copy of

"How to be a slacker"
by Reverend Kelly Brown

Only $19.95. Just allow alot of time to get it sent cause I'll send it when I feel like it.

But really just slow your pace of life down and find the simple things in life that you enjoy.

billybob_81067
08-10-2005, 03:20 PM
come work for me so I can take a week off! :D

Cameo
08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the wide world of being a slacker. Many oppurtunities are waiting for you. The key to finding your place in the slacker world is not to worry about what to do. Take the first couple of WEEKS to figure that out. You got time just relax don't worry.
If you would like I could send you a copy of

"How to be a slacker"
by Reverend Kelly Brown

Only $19.95. Just allow alot of time to get it sent cause I'll send it when I feel like it.

But really just slow your pace of life down and find the simple things in life that you enjoy.

I will get right to sending off the money order for that , just as soon as i figure out when i feel like getting outta y "jammies"

billybob_81067 come work for me so I can take a week off!
hmm i rather like colorado... can i do colorado via salt lake city?? oh yea what do you do? does it involve people and being very nice to them all the while harassing them? I am very very good at that... :D

Enraged Monk
08-10-2005, 03:48 PM
You can do my job...dealing with beginning guitar students...all you need to know is all the notes on the top 3 strings and powerchords, cause they all want to play nu-metal and punk...

:argh:

Echo419
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
You can do my job...dealing with beginning guitar students...all you need to know is all the notes on the top 3 strings and powerchords, cause they all want to play nu-metal and punk...
:( How many times a day do you hear "I can play Adam's Song"

Enraged Monk
08-10-2005, 04:03 PM
About 1...from the same kid...

I taught one kid, the only kid who listens to me, purple haze, and a Zappa song (Sexual Harassment In The Worplace)

Mostly though i hear, "Can YOU play this, and then ill try my best and remember what you just did, instead of asking you to tab it outy for me" and "I learned this song off of an online tab"....

Then when they touch my new fat strat

theres a handfull of kids with good music tastes (I often end up teching them classics "Paint it Black" "Johnny B. Goode" "Eugenes Bag Of Tricks"

Jaan
08-10-2005, 07:06 PM

:argh:LOL, like Max Cavalera who only bothers putting the top 4 strings on his guitar. The new Soulfly is awesome BTW, plenty of old skool Sepultura-esque mosh parts. Apparently 4 strings is all you need (c:

O.P. Why don't you do some of those things on your mental list of things you'll do someday? Read those books you wanted to read as a teenager, learn to play guitar, go for a bike ride, make a model rocket or just go to Thailand.

RevBrown
08-11-2005, 03:52 AM
I will get right to sending off the money order for that , just as soon as i figure out when i feel like getting outta y "jammies"

You seem to have already been sold a copy. Maybe you would be interested in "Advanced Slacking for Grown-Ups"

billybob_81067
08-11-2005, 02:21 PM
oh yea what do you do? does it involve people and being very nice to them all the while harassing them? I am very very good at that... :D

Well it involves a few people, selling hay to them, and then helping them load it... :) Most the time though I'm just by myself or with my dad.

rkjunior303
08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
This is a no brainer!

Road trip to BEANTOWN!!!

Creative Mayhem
08-11-2005, 03:36 PM
This is a no brainer!

Road trip to BEANTOWN!!!

Word...

We already know AO Canuckistan is on your list.. you could stay a while and enjoy the Canadian hospitality... then again.. its boring up here.. nothing but igloos and dogsleds, you wouldn't liek it up here.. ;)

PapaGuido31
08-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Its football season. You can sit around and watch Pittsburgh get torn apart. Then you can play fantasy football and draft a bunch of Pittsburgh players so you loose. Or you could read about how Pittsburgh didnt do anything in the offseason but get rid of Burress and Bell and now theyre just going to lose for treading water while most everyone else got better. But thats ok, cuz at least the Penguins will start playing again soon. :cheers:

or you can watch the steelers place first in their division again. because obviously you are narrow-minded and uninformed. sorry.

Cameo
08-12-2005, 07:35 PM
or you can watch the steelers place first in their division again. because obviously you are narrow-minded and uninformed. sorry.

Hmm I am thinking you will be sittting next to my brother at the bar cheering on Steel town :clap:
(he is in the Va beach area... )