PDA

View Full Version : Halo B or Reloader B?

tru_flip56
08-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Allright...heres the problem....my friggin revy cant keep up with my angel LCD so now im in the market for a new loader....on paintballgear.com the halo b w/ rip drive and Z-code is only like $105 while the reloader b in on sale for $130....is the extra 25 dollar diffrence worth it or is it just practically the same besides the sound activated compared to the eyes on the loaders.

thanks for your help

cdacda13
08-10-2005, 10:13 PM
You can't use a force feed loader on a Angel LCD. It only has one dent, and the halo/reloader would double feed like crazy.

BD_Paintball
08-10-2005, 10:41 PM
once you get that other detent milled get the reloader b

68magOwner
08-10-2005, 11:16 PM
ive used my halo on my brothers aced LCD (single detent) with no problems at all (although i had been told repeatedly it wouldnt work)

anyway, i think the halo or reloader would both be a fine choice, some love their reloader, some hate em, i have only extensively used my halo, and, have never had any problems regardless of paint color or whatever. Just replace the drive cone with a derlin one in whichever you get and you should be happy.

tru_flip56
08-10-2005, 11:45 PM
no...it is possible to use halo's and reloaders on my LCD...people from angelowners said it just happened to certain number of people...others have had it working on their LCD....

anyone know the pros and cons between the two?

TheTramp
08-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Theoreticly the Reloader has is faster than the Halo B w/ Z code. You'd have to buy the Victory board to get the extra speed. Personally I don't think it's nessasary.

I've got both a Halo w/ Victory and a Reloader B. I've found that the Reloader works more consistantly for me. Could be the guns I use it on (E-Mag, Timmy, Tribal) or it could be my imagination.

In the end, I suggest the Reloader B because I have broken paint in the Halo and that screws up the eyes. Since the Reloader uses sound broken paint wont stop it from feeding. Of course you'll want to clean it out after the game ;)

Lohman446
08-11-2005, 08:22 AM
The major difference in my mind is how it is fed.

A Halo uses an optical sensor to tell it to feed - works great unless the eyes don't read right.

The Reloader uses sound activation - and I have found it to work even on very quiet markers.

Of course the Reloader comes with changeable settings (3) stock where you would have to put a victory board in the HALO for that. With issues such as single detents putting it on a lower setting may help avoid double feeding.

lew
08-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I have a Reloader B on my LCD and it works great, single detent, too. No eyes to worry about as in the Halo.

MAGS_R_COOL
08-12-2005, 01:21 PM
I use a Reloader B and I can say it is the best hopper I have ever used. Every day i see at least one person in the store complainin that their Halo is chopping or just bein weird. I think the reloader is DEFINATELY worth the money.

FSU_Paintball
08-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Reloader B is great, but if you're trying to save cash just go for the halo. The Reloader upgrade kit is $50, so you can always get it later.

onedude36
08-12-2005, 04:20 PM
I would get the reloader and set it on the lowest setting, its like 16 bps. you will rarely break paint, and it will be easy on your detents.