PDA

View Full Version : Christian Airsoft Association

JoshK
08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
This is my new forums. It is intended to be a place christian airsofters can hang out, and eventually plan skirmishes. It has a lot of potential in my mind. The other manager is making a site for us also.

http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/index.php?mforum=caa

Right now it isn't that much, but it has the basics. It will be so much better if you join.

Thanks for reading this.

-Josh

JoshK
08-11-2005, 12:16 PM
A little up for some more viewage.

wad04
08-12-2005, 01:48 AM
wait...did you just say christian airsoft association?

Automaggot68
08-12-2005, 04:43 AM
wait...did you just say christian airsoft association?

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Because if you're thinking that this is a great excuse to shoot churchies then well.

Dude. Lets go.

JoshK
08-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Yes it is a Christian Airsoft Association. :) Also I hope you were joking, because that is a very bad thing to say. :(

NJPaint
08-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Yes it is a Christian Airsoft Association. :) Also I hope you were joking, because that is a very bad thing to say. :(

Why is that a bad thing to say? Isn't that the point of airsoft? Also, somehow I think that playing airsoft goes against Christian dogma. Follow me here.

In strict Christian teachings, pre-maritcal sexual relations are wrong. But so is even thinking about having sex with another women, who is not your wife. (Hence the church's crusade against masterbation). Now one could make the leap of faith and also say that running through the woods shooting at people while dressed up in camo is the equivolent of violence even though its mock. Now I'm no orthodox Christian, but I don't think that people should divide themselves between their faith and what is convienient for them, but thats just me.

^^^ I have no idea if I'm even making sense here, but this part I'm sure about:

Another thing about auto's comment. I see 13 year olds with timmys/DM5s/Vikings as destroying paintball. Thus I must admit, I sometimes get the impulse to shoot one extra ball their way to make sure they get out (although sometimes you have to because they won't get off the damn field). In the same logic, if someone sees the Christian right as destroying the United States, well then I can see someone having the same feeling that I do against those 13 year olds. Maybe even more extreme...

SCpoloRicker
08-12-2005, 10:31 AM
wait, what? :confused:

Its fair to say that religion isn't for me; but there is no reason at all that I can come up with that some guys cant form a group and get together and play.

I mean, really. I'm pretty bad, but yeesh.

Best of luck with your forum, buddy.

NJPaint
08-12-2005, 10:52 AM
A Christian group imitating killing people? I mean if it was paintball, alright, I can understand, you are shooting a ball and marking someone, yes you do use guns, but how much does an orange/yellow cocker look like a real gun? Airsoft is about realisim.

SCpoloRicker
08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Again, I don't really think there's anything wrong with a Christian playing Airsoft. Let them man be.

You're totally entitled to your own opinion. :)

NJPaint
08-12-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm not saying that its wrong. What I am saying is that its a road toward hypocracy and a soft version of Christianity that is more like a "we follow this religion until we find something that we want to do and then we'll still claim to be a part of the religion, but do what we like doing". :shrug: