PDA

View Full Version : preset tanks how do you feel about them (air airmerica new deal)

LONEWOLFOO1
08-11-2005, 11:27 AM
right now i have a air america tank(raptor) i heard they have trade in deal for a screw in reg i just wanted to know if any of you guys are in the same boat as i am. i like to have a adjustable reg but, i would love to get rid of all my air lines for a screw in. does screw in hamper the performance of the tac one. or should i buy a new adjustable screw in (if that exits)

by the way if you guys know where i can buy a adjustable screw in please post a link

cdacda13
08-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Not really a "true" adjustable, but can go either HP or LP.
http://www.guerrillaair.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=32&osCsid=0c00de8fcc9658038ae804077fc8becd

Creative Mayhem
08-11-2005, 03:14 PM
If you really like the performance of the Raptor you have, keep it. I have recently heard that actualy AA replacement parts will be available soon.(if you are having aprob that is..)

The GA tanks are nice but they are still a preset(approx 800-850psi) if you are used to having more reactivity, then i would definately stick with the adjustable, otherwise you will ***** and moan about the poor performance of the GA tank. If you don't care about the reactivity, then by all means, grab the GA.. they are well made regs and won't do you wrong.

AAchopshop
08-25-2005, 11:32 AM
I know it's a relativly old post, but I've been gone for a bit, if you do need replacement AA parts, email me @ [email protected] I've got everything you could possibly need, including Aluminum annodized piston housings for your raptor, in case you want to lighten it up a bit.. All the parts are true AA parts, not knock offs.

JoshK
08-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Well for the replacment parts you can get them from ebay. A company called FMC concepts ( http://FMCconcepts.com ) makes replacment parts for them. They are also very helpful. Ted who was the Design and Production manager at AA for a number of years actually works there (he was the one who answered all my questions). Their Ebay name is rut13 for those who are interested. I bought a repair kit for about $14 with the shipping. According to him everything is completly up to spec with the AA parts, and I trust him because the parts have yet to fail me.

LONEWOLFOO1
08-26-2005, 07:40 AM
thanks guys for all the info you provide.