PDA

View Full Version : Best air set-up for a classic RT?

casimer
08-11-2005, 12:06 PM
* if this has been addressed before pls provide a link or some keywords.

I'd recently picked-up a classic RT and am looking for some advice on an air set-up suited to the RT valve. Z-man's site provides some valuable info, my requirements aren't quite as demanding :hail:

What are people using as a reasonably priced adj.reg solution that's appropriate for diverse fields/formats? I'd like to be able to tune the RT for a high ROF but will most often use a tuning in line w/ field requirements.

thanks

Dayspring
08-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Find an adjustable tank reg. Don't put an additional one in. Remember- reg down, never up...

And I've heard good things about Empire's new adjustable system. Or look over at the NitroDuck XStream.

sumorai
08-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Nitro Duck Xtreme Adjustable 68/4500 - $244 (http://sakworldpaintball.com/newxstreamtu.html)

casimer
08-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Find an adjustable tank reg. Don't put an additional one in. Remember- reg down, never up...

And I've heard good things about Empire's new adjustable system. Or look over at the NitroDuck XStream.

how do you mean 'reg down, never up' ? - on the input pressure?

Dayspring
08-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Meaning, an inline will only allow you to reduce the pressure it's getting from the tank, not increase it.

Reg down, not up.

casimer
08-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Meaning, an inline will only allow you to reduce the pressure it's getting from the tank, not increase it.

Reg down, not up.

makes sense.

So from what I'm reading, the RT's feedback is best around 850-900 depending on the set-up. Is it worth it to go w/ a 1000psi max reg ( eg. the ND Mega ), is there ever any reason to run the RT this high?

thnxs for the help

Dayspring
08-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Actually, the feedback gets better the higher you go. But you run the risk of some full auto if you go real high.

Look around for Z-Man's rapid fire tutorial. He'll show you all you want to know about that kind of stuff.