PDA

View Full Version : Check out the first pics of the new Logic Ultimate Mag Frame!

Automaggot68
08-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Check these out!

Get yours Here! (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179550&page=1&pp=30)

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-Side1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-Underside1.jpg

atm743
08-13-2005, 02:14 AM
wow

looks preaty good.

hope a supper nice fireblade type of trigger will activate this beast :D :headbang:

man now i have to save $$ for this now :D

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
08-13-2005, 02:22 AM
That is a beauty to behold

atm743
08-13-2005, 02:24 AM
really i dont like the dm grips on it that much after looking at it for a while.

we have to have GAdevil make some custom grips for this beauty

whos with me :confused:

Automaggot68
08-13-2005, 02:27 AM
wow

looks preaty good.

hope a supper nice fireblade type of trigger will activate this beast :D :headbang:

man now i have to save $$ for this now :D

Actually yes, there's another version of the fireblade on this beast.

cdacda13
08-13-2005, 09:44 AM
No trigger, thats must make the pull uber light.

master_alexander
08-13-2005, 09:53 AM
^^^ha ha ^^^

i like it, i might have to sell my emag... sadly i dont have enough $$$ for 2 high end electro mags :(

and just thinking on it, if you put this with a dallara (sp) then you will definatley be called a shocker.

MoneyShot
08-13-2005, 10:50 AM
that is so sweet, i want it

Chipper
08-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I need to burn that bong I was using when I decided to sell my mag....

Automaggot68
08-13-2005, 01:56 PM
I need to burn that bong I was using when I decided to sell my mag....

i can't wait for mine!

Jack & Coke
08-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Looks great!

It's a beuatiful frame... I can't really peg it, but it kinda reminds me of my gun... ;)

http://img244.echo.cx/img244/8002/200504192112390833small6oy.jpg http://img244.echo.cx/img244/9815/200504192114110836small0fz.jpg

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172094&highlight=logic

Ryan makes great stuff! :cheers:

Automaggot68
08-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Looks great!

It's a beuatiful frame... I can't really peg it, but it kinda reminds me of my gun... ;)

http://img244.echo.cx/img244/8002/200504192112390833small6oy.jpg http://img244.echo.cx/img244/9815/200504192114110836small0fz.jpg

Jack, that thing looks Slick!
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the frame!
I concur, Ryan makes some fabulous gear!

CKY_Alliance
08-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Looks great!

Is that a mag? hehe bet you never hear that one. Looks good though even if it is sp. :cheers:

Creative Mayhem
08-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I like it... I may have to consider getting a mech version for my blacked out RT Classic. :ninja:

two_four_878
08-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I want this thing so bad. Just too bad it won't work with classic rails without the custom work.

CoolHand
08-14-2005, 10:52 PM
I want this thing so bad. Just too bad it won't work with classic rails without the custom work.

You cannot have everything my son. I did the best I could as far as compatibility goes.

Automaggot68
08-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Check the preorder page for more updates, people!

Vex
08-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Great frame! Now let's see the other side...

CoolHand
08-15-2005, 01:18 AM
Great frame! Now let's see the other side...

It looks just like this side, but with a hole for the LED and a hole for the On/Off switch up front.

I am starting to get the distinct feeling that people think this is some sort of elaborate scam or hoax.

Why all the skepticism folks?

EDIT: You know what? I don't want to leave any room for doubt. Here is the other side:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-Otherside.jpg

This project is very real, and it is moving along quite nicely.

I should have a video of this one running in a week or two.

Vex
08-15-2005, 05:18 AM
I am starting to get the distinct feeling that people think this is some sort of elaborate scam or hoax.

Why all the skepticism folks?
Ryan,

No offense intended! I just wanted to see both sides to truly appreciate the product. With your reputation, someone would be a fool to doubt you.

BigEvil
08-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Great job Ryan!!!

I cant wait to see the finished product. This may very well be the nicest frame and possible the greatest upgrade ever made for a mag.

BTW, I know you said that it was going to be Electro-neumatic, So I was wondering how you planned on incorporating the lpr and plumbing?

warbeak2099
08-15-2005, 07:56 AM
The LPR will be mounted on a special VA that comes with the frame.

the_lane
08-15-2005, 09:31 AM
EDIT: You know what? I don't want to leave any room for doubt. Here is the other side:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-Otherside.jpg

This project is very real, and it is moving along quite nicely.

I should have a video of this one running in a week or two.
^^^YAAAAY to bad i dont have 450... DING!(insert lightbulb here) ill just get the penu frame, sorry logic :cry: ...hey besides the frame, rail and colors of the barrel and ULE body your mag looks JUST like mine in a little while :eek: :D

Automaggot68
08-15-2005, 09:41 AM
^^^YAAAAY to bad i dont have 450... DING!(insert lightbulb here) ill just get the penu frame, sorry logic :cry: ...hey besides the frame, rail and colors of the barrel and ULE body your mag looks JUST like mine in a little while :eek: :D

I lol'd at that.

SummaryJudgement
08-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Let's see that thing on an alpha rail! :D

behemoth
08-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Looks good, only thing i see wrong is, how you supposed to use that "Snatch grip" on the end of the frame.

The hopper is in the way.

It'd have to go all the way back.

-- Unless of course thats not supposed to be a snatchgrip, and i just look like an idiot :p

CoolHand
08-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Looks good, only thing i see wrong is, how you supposed to use that "Snatch grip" on the end of the frame.

The hopper is in the way.

It'd have to go all the way back.

-- Unless of course thats not supposed to be a snatchgrip, and i just look like an idiot :p

Its not a snatch grip, its just shaped like that to help blend the ending of the tall frame.

Its there to look cool, not really to function as anything. The little lip doesn't stick down far enough to really hook your fingers (I did this on purpose, so it won't hook your wrist when you switch shooting hands).

MadPSIence
08-15-2005, 01:20 PM
any chance you'd make a bolt-on snatch grip for this frame in the future? kinda like the JMJ's on AKA guns.

behemoth
08-15-2005, 01:25 PM
any chance you'd make a bolt-on snatch grip for this frame in the future? kinda like the JMJ's on AKA guns.

it looks like theres enough room behind the frame for rogue's gripper, the one that attaches to the back accessory slot.

(just need to get your rail milled, or buy a RPG rail.)

MadPSIence
08-15-2005, 01:38 PM
cool. is the VA drilled on one side like in the pics or will the one that comes with the frame be drilled on both? need to know.

CoolHand
08-15-2005, 01:43 PM
cool. is the VA drilled on one side like in the pics or will the one that comes with the frame be drilled on both? need to know.

Its ported on both sides and the front 1/8" NPT.

I do not have any plans to market a snatch grip for these frames.

MadPSIence
08-15-2005, 01:45 PM
3 ports? what would the front one be used for?

warbeak2099
08-15-2005, 04:18 PM
The LPR! The two side ports are for a hose and gauge.

OneEyedPimp
08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey Coolhand,

I am seriously considering ordering one of these, but I was wondering what you expect the turn around to be, weeks, months?

CoolHand
08-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Hey Coolhand,

I am seriously considering ordering one of these, but I was wondering what you expect the turn around to be, weeks, months?

Well, the rest of the parts will be showing up yet this week. Then three to four weeks for ano, and a week or two to assemble them.

With as few as are ordered now, I can't see assembly taking more than a couple of weeks.

The major question mark in all of this is the main boards. I have not gotten a hold of Bob yet, so I cannot say if TAG will be ready with the boards when I need them, or not.

If the boards are ready, then I can say about 6-7 weeks to ship finished frames. If not, that whole deal goes out the window.

The best I can say now, is that I will check in with them, see what is up, and report back.

chairman_mao
08-16-2005, 08:12 AM
DAMN YOU Ryan Shanks!! With your quality construction and nice aesthetics. Why do you make these things that make my wallet so light?

CoolHand
08-16-2005, 12:54 PM
DAMN YOU Ryan Shanks!! With your quality construction and nice aesthetics. Why do you make these things that make my wallet so light?

If your wallet gets too heavy, you may have a hard time walking in a straight line.

We don't want that, now do we?

:ninja:

Creative Mayhem
08-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Ryan, are you planning on making a version(aka shape) for mechs?

CoolHand
08-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Ryan, are you planning on making a version(aka shape) for mechs?

Yup. Very similar in shape, but it will take regular .45 grips instead of the DM5's this frame uses. They will have the same trigger stops and comfort you know and love, but be MUCH smaller and even a little lighter than the verts.

They are about four weeks out, I'd say.

Jack & Coke
08-16-2005, 01:41 PM
...but it will take regular .45 grips instead of the DM5's this frame uses...

Just curious, why did you go with angled DM5 grips for this one?

Technical reason or Comfort/preference?

SpecialBlend2786
08-16-2005, 02:30 PM

I'm guessing screw placment, as there is probably more room under the DM grips then standard 45 grips. More room for electronics and whatnot because of the screw pattern.

I could be wrong though

CoolHand
08-16-2005, 02:51 PM

Technical.

I couldn't fit all the stuff I needed to under the .45 grips. The next step up in that same form factor are the DM5 grips. Apparently DYE had the same problems cramming all the electronics into their frames as I did.

CoolHand
08-16-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm guessing screw placment, as there is probably more room under the DM grips then standard 45 grips. More room for electronics and whatnot because of the screw pattern.

I could be wrong though

Ding.

You got it.

MadPSIence
08-18-2005, 07:15 PM
The LPR! The two side ports are for a hose and gauge.

so.. the air from the tank goes to the gas thru... which runs to the LPR.. and then to where? sorry I am confused. I thought the X-Valve needed air..

can someone explain this to me.. or draw an air diagram with hoses, lpr and everything hooked up. I'd appreciate it.

Automaggot68
08-18-2005, 07:17 PM
so.. the air from the tank goes to the gas thru... which runs to the LPR.. and then to where? sorry I am confused. I thought the X-Valve needed air..

can someone explain this to me.. or draw an air diagram with hoses, lpr and everything hooked up. I'd appreciate it.
The ASA is double tapped. One goes to the Valve.

MadPSIence
08-18-2005, 07:43 PM
I see now. So.. any chance of a diagram? I'm still a little interested in seeing how the LPR hooks up with the frame.

also.. now that both the LPR and valve are getting fed... is gas efficiency going down more?

Automaggot68
08-18-2005, 07:47 PM
I see now. So.. any chance of a diagram? I'm still a little interested in seeing how the LPR hooks up with the frame.

also.. now that both the LPR and valve are getting fed... is gas efficiency going down more?

While I really cannot give you a definate answer on that, I very highly doubt it.
it shouldn't take a sigificant enough amount of air to trip the sear, that it would lower a Mag's efficiency even more.

Regardless, I'm sure Ryan has an answer for you.

warbeak2099
08-18-2005, 07:52 PM
How much pressure does the ram require to function Ryan? I'm sure you only need to set the lpr at around 50-60psi right?

Automaggot68
08-18-2005, 07:53 PM
How much pressure does the ram require to function Ryan? I'm sure you only need to set the lpr at around 50-60psi right?

I think he said that the LPR is set by him before he sends it out to the end user.

MadPSIence
08-18-2005, 08:00 PM
I just hope this keeps the mag simple to tune and operate.. and doesn't take it the way of Vikings and Excals. Reliable but ... have fun when it's adjusting time and you aren't experienced.

Automaggot68
08-18-2005, 08:02 PM
I just hope this keeps the mag simple to tune and operate.. and doesn't take it the way of Vikings and Excals. Reliable but ... have fun when it's adjusting time and you aren't experienced.

Uhm.
Where did that come from?
I've never heard of ANY horror stories with anyone Owning an Xcal or a Vik.

MadPSIence
08-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Uhm.
Where did that come from?
I've never heard of ANY horror stories with anyone Owning an Xcal or a Vik.

well if either ever goes out of whack.. it's not easy to just twist and go. everything has to be perfectly set in harmony. the reliability is there... but things DO happen. I just don't want to have to send my frame back to ryan next year if I'm short a few psi somewhere.

Automaggot68
08-18-2005, 08:17 PM
... but things DO happen.

Oh Yeah, I understand that.
I doubt we'll have any problems with these frames, and if so....
I'm sure ryan will do everything he can to get things straightened out for us!

CoolHand
08-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Alright, here we go:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/GodHelpYouIfYouDon'tGetItNo.jpg

Purple is HP air in from the air system. The translucent purple is HP air to the valve from the gas thru (its translucent to denote that it is on the other side of the marker). The gray thing is the LPR. The reg line is the exposed run of LP hosing. That's where the air goes into the frame, and that is the only hose you will see.

The air cylinder is very small, so I'd say you'll lose between 5 and 10 shots per tank due to the actuator system. It runs at ~75 psi (though I'd say it will funtion all the way down to about 35 or 40 psi, it will be snappier and therefore faster at the higher pressure).

It will be preset from me, but if you fiddle with it, you just have to turn the LPR up until the marker shoots reliably. You don't need a gauge, but if you want to set it at X psi, I can build some adapters which would allow you to do that (or you can just buy a Rock-O-Meter from Palmers).

Do you get it now?

Automaggot68
08-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks Ryan!

Automaggot68
08-26-2005, 02:27 PM
OMFG this is the hotness.

MadPSIence
08-26-2005, 03:06 PM
holy ****. lol. wow. this is going to be a whole new mag for sure. so now that I see where this lpr goes... are there are LPR's other than the one you supply that will fit? for example.. scm?

rkjunior303
08-26-2005, 03:14 PM
well if either ever goes out of whack.. it's not easy to just twist and go. everything has to be perfectly set in harmony. the reliability is there... but things DO happen. I just don't want to have to send my frame back to ryan next year if I'm short a few psi somewhere.

huh?

as long as long as you dont mess with the LPR without a toolkit, they're pretty much idiot-proof.

CoolHand
08-26-2005, 06:59 PM
holy ****. lol. wow. this is going to be a whole new mag for sure. so now that I see where this lpr goes... are there are LPR's other than the one you supply that will fit? for example.. scm?

Yeah, any 'cocker type LPR will work.

ANS, SCM, MacDev, MiniMaxFlo, Rock, Sledgehammer, the list goes on.

You can use any of them you like.

I chose the ANS Jackhammer because it posses good flow, and does so at a price that everyone can love.

MadPSIence
08-26-2005, 08:11 PM
do you think the hose from the lpr might pose a bit of an aesthetic issue or do you think it'll look good? is that hose clear or available in color?

CoolHand
08-26-2005, 10:51 PM
do you think the hose from the lpr might pose a bit of an aesthetic issue or do you think it'll look good? is that hose clear or available in color?

Issue or not, it has to be there. You gots to have LP air for this to work, and unless you want to spend a great deal more money to have an Alias timmy type LPR block made, you'll have to live with a little exposed hosing.

The tubing will be clear, the colored tubing is a PITA, and I don't want to have to stock 10X as much tubing just to offer colors for an inch of exposed tube.

If it bothers you so terribly that you (and/or others) are willing to spend another $75-$100, I can have Palmer's build me a few special Stabilizers that are HP in, HP out the top, and then LP out one port, so you have no LPR out the front, and just a little hook of hosing the goes from the side of the reg near the top to the frame top. It will be about the same amount of hosing, but no LPR out front.

Its your call. Its a little slicker, but I went with what I did because the custom regs are so damned expensive.

Automaggot68
08-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Issue or not, it has to be there. You gots to have LP air for this to work, and unless you want to spend a great deal more money to have an Alias timmy type LPR block made, you'll have to live with a little exposed hosing.

The tubing will be clear, the colored tubing is a PITA, and I don't want to have to stock 10X as much tubing just to offer colors for an inch of exposed tube.

If it bothers you so terribly that you (and/or others) are willing to spend another $75-$100, I can have Palmer's build me a few special Stabilizers that are HP in, HP out the top, and then LP out one port, so you have no LPR out the front, and just a little hook of hosing the goes from the side of the reg near the top to the frame top. It will be about the same amount of hosing, but no LPR out front.

Its your call. Its a little slicker, but I went with what I did because the custom regs are so damned expensive.

I honestly doubt that the tubing will be a problem.
I never see anyone complaining about cocker pnumatics, so really..what SHOULD it matter?
(not directed at your madPsi, jsut in general)

Apple_Pie
08-26-2005, 11:12 PM
I honestly doubt that the tubing will be a problem.
I never see anyone complaining about cocker pnumatics, so really..what SHOULD it matter?
(not directed at your madPsi, jsut in general)
Plus cockers have 3 hoses and 2 more things slapped on the front, NMEs have hoses too, and so do some imps...no one will care.

Automaggot68
08-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Plus cockers have 3 hoses and 2 more things slapped on the front, NMEs have hoses too, and so do some imps...no one will care.

My point exactly, friend.

phantomhitman
08-29-2005, 08:41 AM
um......wow. you did 2 things i wanted
1-got rid of those awful air lines
2-made a 45 versions

I need to go check your site to see if there is a preorder or of you are selling them now.