PDA

View Full Version : Problem with R/T Classic

Classic_R/T
08-13-2005, 03:05 AM
Hello all. I am a new member to AO.org, but I have been in the Mag family for 4 years now. I recently purchased a used R/T Classic and it worked great for the first month and now I am having problems with it.

Here's the breakdown:
1) When I pull the trigger, it sticks. It will not bounce back. And when it does, it causes the gun to leak down the barrel, but pulling the trigger fixes this problem. I am thinking the On/off is bad, but I may be wrong.

2) The gun is bouncing too much for my taste. The input pressure is set at 815 PSi, and I hear any less then 800 and the gun won't work as well.

There's my problems. Along with these problems I have a question:

Will the ULT fit (work with) a Classic R/T valve?? I really want to get the gun as fast as possible (level 10 was ordered yesterday) and I am hoping the ULT will work with my gun.

Thank you all in advance!! :D

Resurection
08-13-2005, 09:13 AM
up because I am curious about the answers...

Maggot6
08-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Some people have their mags run at ~600 PSI, and they work. If you have access to an ajustable tank, try it out.

Classic_R/T
08-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Anyone?? I really need to get my R/T working!! :)

stop whining buy a mag
08-14-2005, 11:57 AM
1. It's either an on/off or powertube prolem. Once you install the Level Ten you'll be able to know. If you install the Level 10 correctly and it does not leak down the barrel then it was a spacer problem. If it still leaks then you need to change the o-rings in your on/off.

2. Bounce will go down once you install the Level 10. It requires a higher pressure than the Level 7. A mag can work below 800 PSI, but most presets give an output of 800 PSI and that has usually served people fine.

3. The ULT will not fit the Classic RT valve. I believe you can get it milled to fit in the valve though. I believe a guy named Brad does it. If my memory serves me correct he works at PaintballMaxx or something of the sort. Do a search on that and you'll see what I'm talking about.

goforbroke
08-14-2005, 06:45 PM
ULT link:

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=358&categoryID=9

Classic_R/T
08-21-2005, 02:24 AM
Hey sorry for the longreply guys. I was on vacation before I head back to College.

Okay, so I bought a parts kit and replaceed all the O'Rings. Problem is is that I leave for school tomorrow and I hva no chance to get air before I go to test to see if the new o-rings help my problem. I had to cancel my level 10 since my dumb car needed a new starter before I went on vacation so I still need that. But.....

How much does AGD charge to re-build a valve with all-new parts?? If I can't get it working on my own then I will be sending the gun in for a valve re-build. That or I may trade it to my local store owner as a down payment on an EMag since it is very nice and has everything I want on this Mag.

I dunno, either way, thank you all for the help. I appreciate it :dance:

BigEvil
08-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Is it lvl10? If so, it needs tuning. Also, just check to make sure the the front frame screw and banjo bolt arent overly tightened.

As for the bounce...

There are 2 things that you need to look at.
1 input pressure
2 on/off pin length.

The higher the input pressure, the more bounce. However, the shorter the on/off pin, the MORE bounce. A RT with a longer pin usually will get little if any bounce even at high input. SO if it is an issue with you, call up AGD and see about getting a couple of different size pins. Try them all until you find one that you like.

AGD charges $45 for a complete rebuild. My brother sent his in to Roman a few months ago. I dont know what they do there, but its like they have magic elves or something, because that gun has never been better as shoots sweeter than ever.