PDA

View Full Version : ok, now my PTP EMag has THREE problems!!!!

Kevmaster
12-03-2001, 06:38 PM
argh. that sums it up!

the problems are:
1) in electro mode. the solenoid does not(can not) pull the sear down, thus releasing the hammer. this means, the gun DOES NOT FIRE! however, to make it more interesting, when the gun is degassed and the sear is put in the up position(holding hammer back, not depressing on-off pin) and i fire the gun, the solenoid clicks and pulls it all the way down. i know the batteries are fine (my measurer thinggie tells me 16.2volts comming ouit)

2) in RT Mode. as if the first wasnt bad enough, here is another problem. the "Reactive" part doesnt seem to work. i can pull the trigger and hold(im not impressivly strong) the trigger back while the gun just sits there. when i release, it just releases itself and doesnt "push" me at all(in this sense, i LIKE to be pushed around)

3) overall. the top selector button (part conneced to board, not the plastic part in the grip frame)'s little white part broke and therefore i can not change ANYTHING anymore. its stuck in semi-16.

here are my options i see(or if you know others others post them!!)'
1) Send to AGD and pay a fee(not under warranty, bought it used)
2) Send it to PTP and paya fee(same story)
3) i have a PTP and AGD Tech in my area. let him look at it and pay a fee

here is something that is NOT an option: sell it and let someone else deal with the problem

argh, any help appreciated :(

BlueMagRT
12-03-2001, 06:53 PM
i see you joined the crowd an bought an e-mag. i my self dropped my stingray into a box when i bought my mags. and to think i was almost finished with my intellifeed warp stingray.....oh well. sounds to me like either some one was playing with parts that they shouldn't have or its just another shoddy ptp product. get an RA from AGD and send it in to them. they will have it in tip to shape and you will not have to send it in repeatedly like some people have with ptp.

Kevmaster
12-03-2001, 08:51 PM
anyone know how much theyre gunna charge me to work on a PTP? its not even under the PTP warranty

donggie
12-03-2001, 09:19 PM
As long as you didn't mess with it, or put upgrade parts on it... nothing.

Don

Russ
12-03-2001, 10:06 PM
I don't know what your waiting to hear, but I told you what to do, and it was out of my own personal experience with a PTP MicroE-Mag. Just do it! :)