PDA

View Full Version : I was bored *vid* *explosion*

ProX9
08-13-2005, 09:44 PM
So I had an extra hundred dollars laying around and I know a lot of chemistry so I went to ebay and one other website and bought everything I need for an extended period of good times or about 130 more of these.

http://flagpull.com/free/moab%20star.jpg

The flash

Click here to watch moab (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=moab)

Steelrat
08-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Viva la nation?

Be careful Matt. Flash powder is very unstable stuff. Building explosives of any sort is not a good idea.

ProX9
08-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Viva la nation?

Be careful Matt. Flash powder is very unstable stuff. Building explosives of any sort is not a good idea.

The original thread is in OSST

It withstands up to 300 degrees of hot glue (I tested with a small pile) and I never store them.

steimway
08-14-2005, 12:04 AM
That's a pretty good bang. What's OSST?

Oh, I see. Old School. I haven't been to PBN in about 2 years. I'm certainly out of the loop.

CKY_Alliance
08-14-2005, 01:24 AM
where can you get flash powder? or did you just take it out of fireworks?

ProX9
08-14-2005, 02:06 AM
where can you get flash powder? or did you just take it out of fireworks?

After years of taking black powder, flash powder, or whatever powder I could get out of anything that burns I discovered there is a much safer and cheaper way to do it; buy the chemicals and supplies individually and make my own flash. You can't buy flash powder but you can easily buy the needed components online from ebay and cannonfuse.com. I would recommend spending some time reading about it first before you just go out and make your own flash. You need to know atleast a few of the basic incompatibilities of certain chemicals and the safe methods for making it.

Whats odd about this flash is that I found it to be superior to the flash in any firecracker I've ever opened up. I burned a 1 gram pile of it and "poof", my garage was full of smoke. It burns so insanely fast compared to other compositions.

Steelrat
08-14-2005, 08:46 AM
The original thread is in OSST

It withstands up to 300 degrees of hot glue (I tested with a small pile) and I never store them.

I guess that I've just seen to many horrible accidents to trust any explosive. Sure, flash powder is considered a "low explosive," but so is gunpowder and black powder.

Steelrat
08-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Flash Powder - an energetic explosive mixture consisting of an oxidizer and a finely powdered metallic fuel , used to create firecrackers and reports for shells. Flash powder can be set off by both friction and static, and is very hazardous to manufacture

SIGSays
08-14-2005, 12:29 PM
learn me some chemsitry....

Commissar_Loki
08-14-2005, 05:02 PM
flashbangs...

Goos way to get rid of a pesky rodent in a yard looks like... Drop in hole, no more rodent.

-Butch

ProX9
08-15-2005, 12:15 AM
If anyone was wondering

Heres a list of all my stuff:

Ebay:
2lbs Pyro grade 600 mesh dark aluminum powder ~$50
2lbs Potassium perchlorate ~$28
200 feet of nichrome wire ~$11

Cannonfuse.com:
100 feet of 3/32" fuse ~$12
200 various tubes ~$30

Longs:
Some hotglue sticks ~$5

If you're wondering what the nichrome wire is for the explanation is that I use it instead of a lighter because its windproof and instant when using an rc car battery as the power source. What I do is put a hole in the fuse with a needle and then run some wire through and wrap it a few times to hold and just let the two prongs stick out. I have an rc battery and an adapter with open ends that allows me to make contact with the wire. As soon there is good contact on the wire it instantly glows bright orange and the fuse is lit.

Yama
08-15-2005, 01:20 PM
That's a pretty good bang. What's OSST?

Old School Small Talk on pbnation