PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions that I got asked and couldnt answer. Can You?

doober
08-13-2005, 10:53 PM
ok heres some questions that i got asked by my friends dad(my friend plays paintball like me)

1.Why do you use a high-end gun ie. DM3/4/5, Shocker, Emag, Viking, and etc.? Advantages of using high-end guns?

2. What talent do you see in tourney paintball when they allow the use of ramping/full auto modes or even nowmal electro's vs. use of mech guns even pumps which one do u think involves more talent to win with?

3.Why do you play paintball(for what reason like what u get out of it)?

4.What is ur view on the prices that they charge for paintball related equipment do u think it is worth it or overpriced?

thank you any answers welcome because i was kinda stumped when asked these questions :cry:

quik
08-13-2005, 11:02 PM
You were stumped when you asked for your opinion?

Damn.

doober
08-13-2005, 11:07 PM
can u answer them?
i did but then he would prove my point wrong

tru_flip56
08-13-2005, 11:09 PM
i woulda told the old man to quit bothering me and tell him to play paintball...maybe he'll answer his own questions.. :cheers:

doober
08-13-2005, 11:25 PM
all i want yall to do is answer the questions with your opinons plz, and i think he borught up a very good point in these questions because look here's two of you who have replied but not answered a single thing

onedude36
08-13-2005, 11:36 PM
ok heres some questions that i got asked by my friends dad(my friend plays paintball like me)

1.Why do you use a high-end gun ie. DM3/4/5, Shocker, Emag, Viking, and etc.? Advantages of using high-end guns?

because i have the money and dont mind spending it on a nice gun.

2. What talent do you see in tourney paintball when they allow the use of ramping/full auto modes or even nowmal electro's vs. use of mech guns even pumps which one do u think involves more talent to win with?

usually in tournaments its fast electros vs. fast electros. only difference is if you are using illegal modes, or are extremly skilled on the trigger(which most people are not)

I play paintball because it is fun. Its even more fun when you win.

4.What is ur view on the prices that they charge for paintball related equipment do u think it is worth it or overpriced?

how dedacated are you to paintball? I dump most of my cash into paintball(YAY for minimum wage). I am not old enough though to get a nice job or even move out, so I do not have those expenses like apartment car and such.

thank you any answers welcome because i was kinda stumped when asked these questions :cry:

Ok im done.

master_alexander
08-13-2005, 11:50 PM

1. i use an emag because i have always liked the look and feel, only on semi electro i play fair with no cheat modes or annything. i like my emag because it has mech and e mode.

2. you need more talent with a pump or a mech, because there is actually a pull and you have to aim. you also need to get your timing right and where to move, how and when.

3. i like it because i can get out with my friends and shoot some people, pain is not that bad for me, shooting someone and getting shot at with short sprints is good for my stress levels... also i like an adrennaline rush.

4. new stuff is expensive, the ions have ruined the resale value, the good guns are not worth buying new annymore because some people are willing to sell them off cheap.

Puckz
08-13-2005, 11:57 PM
1. I use a marker than I feel comfortable playing with and one that will have capabilities comparable to the other markers being used on the field. Call it peer pressure.

2. Talent on a tournament paintball team is not how much paint each player can shoot but how well the players work together in a group. There are no superstars on my team but we have been playing together for a long time and we work well together, no single player wins a tournament.

3. i like playing a competitive sport. Its only one of a few I participate in.

4. The prices are probably higher than they should be, however most hobbies where you need equipment, golf, skiing, etc... are expensive.

hockeynoodles020
08-14-2005, 12:03 AM
1. I dont consider my gun "high-end". I dont have a "high-end" gun because i can get a gun that i love, might not shoot as fast, or be as light, but just as accurate, and a hell of a lot more durable. My personal preference for fractions of what a "high-end" guns costs.

2. Ramping markers and such take less skill, as you can see all it takes is more paint than the other guy to get him out. In mech play more strategy is involved, and IMO more quick moves. I cant say for pump play(never played) but i think it would take the most amount of skill.

3. Why do i play paintball? Well, i really dont play that much. But i stick with it, because i love to buy/sell/trade.

4. I think the prices are fair. If every gun cost the same amount of money...then guns wouldnt be unique. I think they could drop the prices on paint, but other than that, i think the prices are fine the way they are.

doober
08-14-2005, 01:12 AM
all the answers are what im looking for and this is pretty much how i answered them myself especially the "adrenaline rush from paintball" thats wat i said also

thanks guys keep em coming

doober
08-14-2005, 01:17 AM
sorry for two post in a row (but this is my thread)

Well i got another question i myself have an emag and love it, but i was wondering wat is the point of having a high end gun and being able to shoot 10-15bps at some one instead of 4-10Bps or wat ever u get with a mech not just a ult mag either

Blazestorm
08-14-2005, 01:21 AM

1.Why do you use a high-end gun ie. DM3/4/5, Shocker, Emag, Viking, and etc.? Advantages of using high-end guns? Because I can afford it, it's more comfortable, more reliable, faster, more efficient, more consistent (therefore more accurate), and because I can.

2. What talent do you see in tourney paintball when they allow the use of ramping/full auto modes or even nowmal electro's vs. use of mech guns even pumps which one do u think involves more talent to win with? There are different skills with each style of play, just because you can shoot full auto 20bps, doesn't mean you can hit anything.

3.Why do you play paintball(for what reason like what u get out of it)?I play it for the experience, going to the paintball field, the store, or even watching a movie brings back memories. All the silly antics, all the fun you had. The challenge of trying to win. Everything about paintball is why I play. You forget everything when you go to the paintball field. Not a single god damn thing matters except having fun with friends and blasting them off the field. I actually enjoy setting up the field during the week, even if I don't get a chance to play it. I get to determine where things go, and how everything is setup and how it's going to be played. I don't get paid or anything, I do it because I love paintball and I want others to enjoy it as much as possible. I want everyone to have fun and have a good time.

4.What is ur view on the prices that they charge for paintball related equipment do u think it is worth it or overpriced? I know it's over priced, but I pay it because I realized that it's the one way this support will succeed and grow. Until we reach "the big-time" we won't be able to buy paint for $10 a case, buy the best marker for under $500. It just won't happen.

Hope that helped... or something...

Beemer
08-14-2005, 01:36 AM
can u answer them?
i did but then he would prove my point wrong

Well what were Your answers??

Because it solves the problems of the old day. [Short stroking and ball breaks due to miss feeds. Eyes, lvl10 etc..] Not for ROF. No modes for me baby.... 1 S 1 P

Good one..........I see no talent if its not 1 S 1 P. An A-Team[pump] could compete with an e-gun team[1 S 1 P] IMO. You need TEAM talent to Win. An A-Team with less will beat a B-Team with more most of the time.

Nother good one. Ill leave out all the basic BS like its a team thing and it clears my mind and all that. Its a drug its called Adrenaline. Know how much is in ya and how many it could kill if applied directly? In laymens terms its a Rush. Paintball aint the only way to get it.

Some is and some is. You just have to be educated and informed before you spend

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

barrel break
08-14-2005, 04:59 PM

I do not use a high end gun, but If I had the cash to, I would, they feel nicer, generally higher quality.

More talent to win is obviously the one where you have an inherent drawback, such as SC vs electro. But in a game of ramping VS ramping, it removes one barrier (trigger speed) to focus on other skills.

Fun.

It's worth it, otherwise I wouldn't be paying the money would I?

magman#1
08-14-2005, 07:34 PM
usually when people ask me why i need a $800 paintball gun when a $150 does the same thing. i ask them why you buy a 40,000 car when a 4,000 one does the same thing. it does the same thing in it gets you around, but it isn't anything near the quality or performance.

stop whining buy a mag
08-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Blazestorm has all the best answers so far IMO.

Why do people argue so much in paintball. Just like Blaze said, you forget about everything else. I only see the guys that I play with at the field. We mostly talk paintball and just try to have a good time. People need to stop being so critical (in a negative way) and just take paintball as the way it is. Have fun with your friends and shoot them at the same time.

68magOwner
08-14-2005, 09:44 PM

1- Because thats what im comfortable using, i can rely on it to work, and work well. Be fast and consistent, get what i need done with it.

2-With ramping allowed, making runs and avoiding paint becomes a much more important skill than actual shooting skills, IMO it makes the game more physicially demanding because you have to be very quick/able to dive/slide profeciently. Of course gunfighting is a huge factor no matter what markers are being used.

3-Because i like competition, and more specifically winning competitions, and, in paintball, i do that. Also, just all the friends i have made, paintballers just seem to be a fairly tight community and mostly a cool bunch of guys (at least the local scene here). Its just fun

4-I think with markers like the ion avaliable, anyone starting out can go and pick up a marker where they will not be out gunned by anything at a relatively low price. Now, from that point on its really personal preferance as to if a person purchases a more expensive marker. Paintball equipment isnt cheap by any means, but, there are plenty of ways to save money (buy used) and be able to play realitavely inexpensively with a competitave setup.

Miscue
08-15-2005, 12:24 AM

1. Slow trigger fingers are no longer an issue. Before a fast trigger finger required talent and you could say - "Wow, this guy can shoot fast." Now no talent is needed and a 5-year old with no experience can shoot the same speed as a paintball veteran. Is this good or bad? I don't think it's either, it just changes things.

2. None. However, it puts them on equal footing in terms of fire-power... everyone can shoot at ridiculous speeds.

3. I liked the tactics/strategy part of the game - anywhere you got to use your brain. The adrenaline rush went away after a while... the game slowed down.

4. Paintball is kind of a niche thing - which drives the price up. Over-priced is a matter of perspective. Everything you buy costs more than it took to make... it's called profit. Where the line is drawn that crosses into the over-priced zone is hard to say. And let's say you look at paint prices. There's a lot of paint makers now - different grades of paint by different manufacturers are priced similarly. Keeping this in mind, as well as the idea of competition - I'd say the cost of paint is "OK."

So long as competition exists in the industry, products in general I don't think will be absurdly over-priced.

You can get good markers for $300-500. I don't think that's too bad. You can spend $1000 or whatever, and the markers are maybe a little better but nothing extreme. You don't have to buy those markers. Good tanks are reasonable... etc.

I think that paintball can be an expensive sport - I don't think paintball in general is over-priced. I do think that certain individual products are over-priced, but people still buy them anyway - perhaps the high price is a selling point with the perception of being "better."

They're selling you a dream... which adds to the sticker.

athomas
08-15-2005, 11:23 AM
1. Most high end guns offer a bit more quality in their product plus a more unique look. People like the "bling" factor as well. However, you can get competetive products without spending loads of cash, which is good for the budget player that wants to compete on a level playing ground.

2. The use of ramping modes hasn't really changed the game a whole lot. It makes you move a heck of a lot quicker when you decide to move to the next bunker. :) Honestly, you can be held in a bunker easier, but you can also shoot your way out of a bunker easier too. So I don't rally see a change, other than having to reload more often. This in itself can change the game. eg; True story. We played a team in a tourny. On the break, they opened up on us with all 5 guns off the break. We had only a couple of guns trained on key bunkers, and did manage to get all our guys into our nearest bunkers where we had to hunker down for a moment to endure the onslaught and protect the forward progress of the other team rather than try to gunfight our way out of our bunkers. After about 15 sec. the firing stopped and one of our players ran down the entire tape line and shot all 5 guys who ran out of paint at the same time. :D

3. I play for the competition and fast pace of the game. I enjoy both woodsball and speedball.

4. I think paintball prices are high, but falling all the time. I knew that when I started 17 years ago, but I also understood the market conditions and why the prices were high. Market conditions dictate the prices. If you can play and have fun and walk away at the end of the day without regretting having spent the cash, then the price is acceptable.

RRfireblade
08-15-2005, 01:36 PM

Cause I'm a status seeker , I enjoy the oohs and aahs, the drooling and the fact that the youger kids think I'm cool cause I have more money to spend on paintball than them and am finacially capable of owning the best the sport has to offer.

Talent is an issue that is completely seperate from the equiptment used. A talanted pump player can be equally effective playing with a semi as well as a a semi player should he decide to use using ramping.If it was any other way then every punk with a grand in his pocket would be playing first string on a Pro Paintball team wouldn't they?

Cause I like to shoot people. I like to see people try and shoot me, pretty simple really

If your happy with the item it was worth it. If your not...it was a rip

Anytime. ;)