PDA

View Full Version : So.. my house was broken into

Lohman446
08-15-2005, 12:21 PM
So, I live in the middle of nowhere, and had a few guns out of the safe

A .45 Taurus pistol - loaded with Corbon high veloctiy rounds (officer filing the report was none to happy about that bit of info)

.32 Kel-tec loaded with high velocity rounds

A nice over under 12 gauge I use for skeet shooting

Kind of odd, the house was not ransacked, the pistols and a small amount of emergency cash was missing, along with holsters, magazines, and some extra ammo. It was almost like whoever did it knew exactly where to go, and noone knows where these were kept - and I mean noone, not my ex wife, not any of my friends, noone. The shotgun was out because I had been shooting, and since the kids were home had not gotten around to putting it away yet...

So now, I know someone knows my schedule (or appears to), is willing to enter my house, and is now armed... wonderful, just wonderful

MoneyShot
08-15-2005, 12:26 PM
that really sucks man, but they didnt steal any of your paintball guns? thats what i would have done. Sorry to hear that, an i hope he is caught, or she.

TMAXXKING1
08-15-2005, 12:32 PM
wow that's some bad new's .

i would call most of your kid's friend's parent's to let them know there are firearm's missing from your home ..

my guess is one of them might have walked off with them ..be on the look out for the one kid that hung out all the time that seems to be not stopping by to much anymore..

good luck with the return of your gun's

Lohman446
08-15-2005, 12:39 PM
wow that's some bad new's .

i would call most of your kid's friend's parent's to let them know there are firearm's missing from your home ..

my guess is one of them might have walked off with them ..be on the look out for the one kid that hung out all the time that seems to be not stopping by to much anymore..

good luck with the return of your gun's

Noone has been in my house except my kids this summer, and only my five year old has had friends over and the guns are not in a spot to be accessable to them. I was out playing paintball when it happened, so my markers are still good to go. That's what really throws me. Noone knew these guns were there...

Jaan
08-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Man, that's terrible. I hope somehow they find the person who took them.

I just got back from the shooting range myself, but my little bro and I didn't end up shooting at all. A bunch of cops had the whole week blocked off. My brother wanted to go see a movie instead, but I had a bad feeling and didn't want to let my SLR-95, 30 round clip, 75 round drum and 200 rounds of ammo in the truck for 2 hours ... not to mention his service pistol. I'm glad now I didn't go back on my rule of never ever leaving my guns unattended when outside my safes. I know you probably don't want to hear it but you'll never be doing that again either I'll bet.

Dend78
08-15-2005, 12:59 PM
did u have yr SN's written down or were u the paperd owners of the guns? if so it should make it a lil eaiser to track down, plus u live out in the middle of nowhere if someone close got em u will know soon cause they will show someone and then they will tell someone and so on. So hopefully u get yr guns back gl with it man.

Yama
08-15-2005, 01:16 PM
most likely it's somebody that knows you or your family. Or its just some meth freak who needs to make some money so he can buy more drugs.

Captain Canuck
08-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Sorry man, I didn't realize that was your house... I really just wanted some real guns, cause as you know, we can't get them here in Canuckistan so we have to resort to ransacking or patiently watching US homeowners for the goods ;)

Good luck in getting the stuff back

Cameo
08-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Actually 2 in the closet in a gun cabinet, one next to your bed (locked i think you said) and one high up where your girls never went...I thought you had said that the one next to your bed was the only one that you kept loaded, guess i miss understood that.... If they were locked up or whatever, whom had the combinations/keys??We had this conversation one night on the couch...I think you were a bit tipsy....

Sorry about your loss, I hope that your missing items are found and do not get into the hands of hurtful people.

Lohman446
08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Actually 2 in the closet in a gun cabinet, one next to your bed (locked i think you said) and one high up where your girls never went...I thought you had said that the one next to your bed was the only one that you kept loaded, guess i miss understood that.... If they were locked up or whatever, whom had the combinations/keys??We had this conversation one night on the couch...I think you were a bit tipsy....

Sorry about your loss, I hope that your missing items are found and do not get into the hands of hurtful people.

My skeet gun was out because I had used it and the girls were gone so I had not locked it away. My carry pistol was not in the safe - I had gone out partying hte night before so left it. And I had practiced with my .45 that day (just me, on my own land doubt anyone saw it) so it was laying next to my carry pistol rather than in its safe. The skeet gun wasn't loaded, the .45 and carry pistol both were. They also got the good holsters for the pistols, extra magazines, and misc. stuff. The big worry about it was that they had not ransacked the house, and seemed to know right where to go to get them.

They never got into the safe, nor did they notice the rifle stored high out of the way. I don't know if they were in a hurry, or what.... screwed up deal.

Automaggot68
08-15-2005, 06:22 PM
I hate you Lohman, but I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
Best of luck to you in the retrieval of your firearms, man.

Target Practice
08-15-2005, 06:27 PM
This is why you clean/lock the gun away right after you use it. There is no excuse to have guns laying around the house. If you want to have a gun accesible at all times...carry in the house. I do. I go to the kitchen, the 9mm goes to the kitchen. I crap, the gun goes with me.

I hope to hell you get your guns back, and that they're not used in a crime. That would blow.

Lohman446
08-15-2005, 06:29 PM
WHen I say laying.. they were not just out in plain view for the record, someone knew where to look I think... which really pisses me off

Eagle
08-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Well, I don't carry in the house, but when I leave, the gun goes with me, almost always.

slade
08-15-2005, 07:12 PM
the problem with gun theft is, if you find out who took it, you sure as hell dont want to confront them about it :ninja:

Target Practice
08-15-2005, 07:35 PM
the problem with gun theft is, if you find out who took it, you sure as hell dont want to confront them about it :ninja:

Like hell I wouldn't. There's a lot of crap that I could tolerate being stolen, but my guns aren't in that category.

Lohman, I'm not saying that you had them laying around. I'm saying that they weren't in a secured area period. It's a lot easier to find an unlocked gun than to drag away a safe that weighs 600 pounds.

Lohman446
08-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Like hell I wouldn't. There's a lot of crap that I could tolerate being stolen, but my guns aren't in that category.

Lohman, I'm not saying that you had them laying around. I'm saying that they weren't in a secured area period. It's a lot easier to find an unlocked gun than to drag away a safe that weighs 600 pounds.

I agree - hehe, I cleared the house with my Mac-11 carbine, really had hoped the guy was still here so I could educate him...

hitech
08-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I know how it feels. We were broken into in Jan. They got my wife's wedding rings (needed to be resized after the baby). It really sucks.

I hope they put more effort into finding them that my local police did. Maybe they will since firearms were stolen. That and it does seem very odd.

Lohman446
08-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I know how it feels. We were broken into in Jan. They got my wife's wedding rings (needed to be resized after the baby). It really sucks.

I hope they put more effort into finding them that my local police did. Maybe they will since firearms were stolen. That and it does seem very odd.

I feel for you, I lost nothing of sentinental value. I don't like that my house is apparently not secure - but I am dealing wtih that. Everything I lost can / will be replaced. I need to vent, it pisses me off, but its life. I feel sorry for you, you lost something noone can replace...

slade
08-15-2005, 09:56 PM
umm, it was a joke... like if someone takes your paintball gun and you see them with it at the field, youre sure as hell going to confront them, but if someone steals your REAL gun, and you see them with it... well theyre armed.

meh, nevermind...

Automaggot68
08-15-2005, 10:05 PM
umm, it was a joke... like if someone takes your paintball gun and you see them with it at the field, youre sure as hell going to confront them, but if someone steals your REAL gun, and you see them with it... well theyre armed.

meh, nevermind...
This is AO, no one has a sense of humor, remember?

slade
08-15-2005, 10:10 PM
This is AO, no one has a sense of humor, remember?
:(

well i guess mango sorta disappeared, so...

Target Practice
08-15-2005, 10:12 PM

meh, nevermind...

I was refering to my REAL guns.

Automaggot68
08-15-2005, 10:17 PM
:(

well i guess mango sorta disappeared, so...

<3Mangies<3

Jaan
08-16-2005, 12:33 AM

meh, nevermind...Well, I get the joke but the truth is a lot of these punks can't shoot worth a damn, and not to brag but I'll put up my skills against theirs any day and twice on Sunday. These guys are the definition of loser: they're 45, on probation, got crank bug bites all over their faces and are living at their mom's house. They've never invested a single hour of their lives into learning how to do anything well and getting off the couch at 2 in the afternoon when they wake up to go to a shooting range just doesn't fit into their lifestyle. If you say "weaver stance" to them they'll look at you like they're hallucinating lobsters coming out of your ears again. All they know about a gun is to yank on the trigger and hold it sideways gat style like their favorite pretend gangsta rap star does.

Lohman446
08-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Well, I get the joke but the truth is a lot of these punks can't shoot worth a damn, and not to brag but I'll put up my skills against theirs any day and twice on Sunday. These guys are the definition of loser: they're 45, on probation, got crank bug bites all over their faces and are living at their mom's house. They've never invested a single hour of their lives into learning how to do anything well and getting off the couch at 2 in the afternoon when they wake up to go to a shooting range just doesn't fit into their lifestyle. If you say "weaver stance" to them they'll look at you like they're hallucinating lobsters coming out of your ears again. All they know about a gun is to yank on the trigger and hold it sideways gat style like their favorite pretend gangsta rap star does.

I had no issues looking around the house for them, even though I assumed they were armed.

The shotgun was not loaded, they had a choice of two small carryable pistols - effective range about 25 feet - more if you have really practiced, less if you have not. Both are of weight / power ratio that the recoil is surprising. I had a Mac-11 carbine I was used to and 50 shots of 9MM... no problems.

Crighton
08-16-2005, 08:14 AM
I think if I'd broken into a house, spent time looking for valuables and all I found was the home owners 2 loaded carry pistols and a set of holsters. I'd probably want to get the hell out of dodge before the owner returned strapped with god knows what..

Maggot6
08-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Good thing you had your devilmag with you paintballing, because, that would be what, another 5 months from GA devil :) Yeah, a few houses on my street (kind of a wealthy-er street) have been broken into, so everything I don't want taken has went into my safe. I was just curious, the guns were not in the open, and they weren't in a safe, so where were they :confused: they were already stolen, so it's not like us AO'ers are a threat.

Lohman446
08-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Good thing you had your devilmag with you paintballing, because, that would be what, another 5 months from GA devil :) Yeah, a few houses on my street (kind of a wealthy-er street) have been broken into, so everything I don't want taken has went into my safe. I was just curious, the guns were not in the open, and they weren't in a safe, so where were they :confused: they were already stolen, so it's not like us AO'ers are a threat.

The skeet gun was in a corner of my bedroom and both my carry pistols were in the top drawer of my dresser - stupid place for them in hindsight, but it is where they were. To me it was a decent spot, out of sight, not accessable to my kiddies, and most of the time not there.

Crighton
08-16-2005, 09:22 AM
The skeet gun was in a corner of my bedroom and both my carry pistols were in the top drawer of my dresser - stupid place for them in hindsight, but it is where they were. To me it was a decent spot, out of sight, not accessable to my kiddies, and most of the time not there.

It's also a very common place for people to store small valuable items. Really not an oddity that thieves would look there.

Lohman446
08-16-2005, 09:25 AM
It's also a very common place for people to store small valuable items. Really not an oddity that thieves would look there.

You are right of course, it just threw me that it seemed to be the only place they bothered to look

Muzikman
08-16-2005, 09:57 AM
If you can place them in a drawer, why could you not place them in the safe?

Lohman446
08-16-2005, 10:15 AM
If you can place them in a drawer, why could you not place them in the safe?

Because somedays I'm an idiot - realistically the reason is this. The drawer is out of reach of my children. 95% of the time I leave the house both those guns come with me. I happened to be going out to have a few drinks - so they stayed home.

Could my actions have been better? Obviously

Do my actions justify the illegal actions of someone else? No...

Muzikman
08-16-2005, 10:47 AM
Having been raised with guns I have always been taught, with fire arms, expect the worst. That's pretty much all I am saying.

Target Practice
08-16-2005, 02:32 PM
two small carryable pistols - effective range about 25 feet

8 yards? Come on now.

Lohman446
08-16-2005, 02:46 PM
8 yards? Come on now.

A study by the San Diego? police department and the FBI after a string of fatal stabbings of police officers revealed most trained police officers - with full size duty arms - only hit 20% of the time at 20 feet and less when engaged in combat with there firearms.

Cameo
08-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Me thinks that if I actually had valuables in my house then I would actually have to lock the door... then I would lose the key and break in myslef, causeing damage. Then me being as independent as I am I would try to repair the deamage myslef causing more harm to my shack (for those of you that know me think "door handles on bathroom"). In turn it would probley fall down due to the stress of my fixing and I would be without a shack over my head for when it rains..
therfore, I have nothing of value in my house...except for my ice crusher, you touch that and I will have your head... :shooting: :rofl:

any word yet Loham?

Lohman446
08-16-2005, 05:05 PM
The person I assumed did it was still in youth camp from last year (for stealing my car).

Considering I have no neighbors my neighborhood sucks. I am now looking at a perimeter security system and a new pistol....

Jaan
08-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Because somedays I'm an idiot - realistically the reason is this. The drawer is out of reach of my children. 95% of the time I leave the house both those guns come with me. I happened to be going out to have a few drinks - so they stayed home.

Could my actions have been better? Obviously

Do my actions justify the illegal actions of someone else? No...I'm sorry, I'm not trying to flame you or anything but something's been in the back of my mind since I read this yesterday and I need to get it off my chest.

For 8 years I suffered through Bubba Clinton, the "assault weapons" ban and the Million Mamma March. I voted *against" Al Gore and one of the major reasons was his stance on gun ownership. I live in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, a state with some of the harshest, if not *the* harshest, anti gun laws. I work right in the middle of a rabidly liberal city and I have to put up with gun owners being mentioned in the same breath as terrorists. Through all this I've stuck to my guns, both philosophically and literally.

However, right now there are two handguns and a shotgun in the hands of criminals. The Democrats and their misguided laws didn't do it, the N.R.A. and their "gun show loopholes" didn't do it, all the liberal propaganda and conservative catch phrase bumper stickers in the world had nothing to do with it. It was the simple inaction of a legal gun owner that did it. I'm sorry but that just bothers the hell out of me. Quite frankly, it's chilling, and for the first time I can see where the ainti's are coming from.

Muzikman
08-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Me thinks that if I actually had valuables in my house then I would actually have to lock the door... then I would lose the key and break in myslef, causeing damage. Then me being as independent as I am I would try to repair the deamage myslef causing more harm to my shack (for those of you that know me think "door handles on bathroom"). In turn it would probley fall down due to the stress of my fixing and I would be without a shack over my head for when it rains..
therfore, I have nothing of value in my house...except for my ice crusher, you touch that and I will have your head... :shooting: :rofl:

any word yet Loham?

And my bike I hope!:)

Muzikman
08-16-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to flame you or anything but something's been in the back of my mind since I read this yesterday and I need to get it off my chest.

For 8 years I suffered through Bubba Clinton, the "assault weapons" ban and the Million Mamma March. I voted *against" Al Gore and one of the major reasons was his stance on gun ownership. I live in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, a state with some of the harshest, if not *the* harshest, anti gun laws. I work right in the middle of a rabidly liberal city and I have to put up with gun owners being mentioned in the same breath as terrorists. Through all this I've stuck to my guns, both philosophically and literally.

However, right now there are two handguns and a shotgun in the hands of criminals. The Democrats and their misguided laws didn't do it, the N.R.A. and their "gun show loopholes" didn't do it, all the liberal propaganda and conservative catch phrase bumper stickers in the world had nothing to do with it. It was the simple inaction of a legal gun owner that did it. I'm sorry but that just bothers the hell out of me. Quite frankly, it's chilling, and for the first time I can see where the ainti's are coming from.

I kinda agree.

You can't blame criminals for something that you could have avoided. If my wallet gets stolen out of my car, as much as I would hate the person who took it, it was my fault for leaving it there in the first place.

Eagle
08-16-2005, 06:14 PM
I kinda agree.

You can't blame criminals for something that you could have avoided. If my wallet gets stolen out of my car, as much as I would hate the person who took it, it was my fault for leaving it there in the first place.

What do you mean you can't blame the criminals? It's one thing if you leave something out in public, but as a person who lives in a house without kids, I should be able to leave my weapons and valuables out in my own house. I should not have to lock these things up. Thats what I have door locks for.

Lohman446
08-16-2005, 06:27 PM
I kinda agree.

Well I understand what you are saying what of the scenario where your wallet is in your glove box and your doors are locked?

Alley
08-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Eh, I know where you are coming from. Last thursday I had my car broken into sitting in my driveway....

They only managed to get about 8 bucks, mostly in change, they stole my bag I take to work. Which didnt have anything of value to anyone other than myself. Where I Could care a less about the 8 bucks, and they could care a less about my personal stuff in my bag. It is what I miss the most. Now, Im sure its sitting in the bottom of a land fill somewhere ..... I still feel angry because of it. But, like everyone else its my fault for not locking my car ....I suppose I asked for it, but, I'm still angry about it!

Resurection
08-16-2005, 08:19 PM

The only thing you did in that comment was prove the fact that gun control laws are not a solution to the problem. Laws only control the good people. Bad people will do whatever regardless of the control laws.

I agree with Chris Rock "...F*** gun control, what we need is bullet control..."

tsc
08-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Eh, I know where you are coming from. Last thursday I had my car broken into sitting in my driveway....

They only managed to get about 8 bucks, mostly in change, they stole my bag I take to work. Which didnt have anything of value to anyone other than myself. Where I Could care a less about the 8 bucks, and they could care a less about my personal stuff in my bag. It is what I miss the most. Now, Im sure its sitting in the bottom of a land fill somewhere ..... I still feel angry because of it. But, like everyone else its my fault for not locking my car ....I suppose I asked for it, but, I'm still angry about it!

That's nothing like what happened to Lohman. You don't have to sit there with the knowledge that somebody could be killed with a gun that was stolen from your house because you didn't properly secure it.

Lohman446
08-16-2005, 08:27 PM
That's nothing like what happened to Lohman. You don't have to sit there with the knowledge that somebody could be killed with a gun that was stolen from your house because you didn't properly secure it.

I beleive I took reasonable measures to secure them - the house was locked, they were out of sight - they were reasonably secured. Could they have been better secured - yes they could have, but I took reasonable steps...

That being said.. yeh, its been a thought on my mind for two days now. That and the thought that not only is someone willing to enter my house, they are now armed.

I have a security system, including interior motion detectors and perimeter sensors that I will ahve installed shortly now.

Muzikman
08-16-2005, 10:21 PM
I'll give you credit, the loaded hand gun was not sitting on the coffee table. Other than that, they were not reasonably secure. If you would have said they were in the basement on the top shelf behind the Christmas boxes, then maybe I'll give it to you. But placing them under your socks is not secure by any means.

Jaan
08-17-2005, 03:26 AM
I have a security system, including interior motion detectors and perimeter sensors that I will ahve installed shortly now.Do you have a cable modem, or DSL? I did something a couple of years ago with a camera hooked up to a computer and if the picture changed a significant amount it would start uploading the pictures to a remote server. A security camera basically. That way, even if the bad guys took the computer and everything else and burned down the house there would be pictures of them on a server someplace else.

Just don't use wireless cameras ... there is something called "wardriving" where guys drive around looking for signals to spy on people.

Lohman446
08-17-2005, 06:45 AM
I'll give you credit, the loaded hand gun was not sitting on the coffee table. Other than that, they were not reasonably secure. If you would have said they were in the basement on the top shelf behind the Christmas boxes, then maybe I'll give it to you. But placing them under your socks is not secure by any means.

Theres a difference between reasonably secure and secure. Where they secure? Apparantly not, there not there any more. Where there reasonable steps taken to secure them? I think so. I'm not arguing your point that they were not secure in the end, but I would argue that most reasonable people would have called them secure. In the end I was wrong... at the time though it seemed reasonable.

Automaggot68
08-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Do you have a cable modem, or DSL? I did something a couple of years ago with a camera hooked up to a computer and if the picture changed a significant amount it would start uploading the pictures to a remote server. A security camera basically. That way, even if the bad guys took the computer and everything else and burned down the house there would be pictures of them on a server someplace else.

Just don't use wireless cameras ... there is something called "wardriving" where guys drive around looking for signals to spy on people.

To spy on people?
My buddies and I war drive all the time.
Its just going around your local areas and finding WIFI and unmanaged wireless networks.
Simple as that.

PsychoBaller
08-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I hear ya... I hate that "unsafe feeling" while being at home. My rents and I went away for a week to Florida some years ago. Our house at the time was broken into, obviously by some hooligans, as not much was taken. They only got into the basement, through a faulty storm latch window.... had super deadbolts on the door going to the upstairs so no worries bout anything other than storage crap... xmas decorations. But still... made us feel uncomfortable till we had an Alarm system put in.

I am still debating the Remote Sentry Perimeter Turrets the day I get my own home... :shooting: Setup some sorta paintball guns if i cant use real ones...

Jaan
08-17-2005, 09:51 AM
To spy on people?
My buddies and I war drive all the time.
Its just going around your local areas and finding WIFI and unmanaged wireless networks.
Simple as that.Yeah ... and you can also drive around looking for wireless cameras, especially those cheap little "X-10" cameras. I guess you never realized that ... geek :D

SIGSays
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
what is the world coming to these days?

Cameo
08-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Wait a second,
So people can drive around with say a laptop and see what the security camera's are seeing, I don't quite understand.. Things that you think are helping you are actually hurting you?? That is a bit un nerving.

tsc,
I can see where Alley is getting the corrilation. If you want to keep your things safe there are certain steps you take to securing them. When you are lax on your "responciblites" and something like this happens it is just a basic feeling of regret. I also see your point that to you it just doesn't seem as signifigant.. Just knowing that you are more valunursable then you origonally thought is a tough thing to grasp, wether it is $8 or WMD's.

That being said, I still hope that those responcible are found soon and both of your things are returned. I think that just from this hapening to loham it has in fact made everyone of us question the little mistakes we make that could lead to big problems.. I just feel bad that Lohan had to be the guiney pig for us this time...

~steph

Muz,
Yes it is safe... I put it back in the same spot every time. I promise it has never been left outside like the childrens cheap and easily replaceable bikes..

Muzikman
08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Wait a second,
So people can drive around with say a laptop and see what the security camera's are seeing, I don't quite understand.. Things that you think are helping you are actually hurting you?? That is a bit un nerving.

If someone had a 802.11 wireless camera and they do not have it scured then yes, someone with a laptop can pull infront of their house and watch the camera. Not that it makes much difference unless you are using the camera to record you and your hubby's bedroom activities.

Muz,
Yes it is safe... I put it back in the same spot every time. I promise it has never been left outside like the childrens cheap and easily replaceable bikes..

Good...it was more of a joke anyway:) BTW, when you get the case for the EZ-Up, let me know, I want to send it down to Harry. I gave him the EZ-up.

Muzikman
08-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah ... and you can also drive around looking for wireless cameras, especially those cheap little "X-10" cameras. I guess you never realized that ... geek :D

Unless they came out with new camera's, the X10 cams are not 802.11.

Jaan
08-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Wait a second,
So people can drive around with say a laptop and see what the security camera's are seeing, I don't quite understand.. Things that you think are helping you are actually hurting you?? That is a bit un nerving.UGH, I hate it when a slow server looses my post. Grrrr, let's try this again.

Here's the deal ... air is free. The federal communications act of 1934 established that anyone can legally intercept signals that are being broadcast over the airwaves. That is why we don't pay a TV tax in the US and why all states (except Virginia) who tried to outlaw radar detectors had the laws overturned in court. Virginia is blatantly disregarding precedent but that's another story.

Basically, anyone with the right equipment can legally intercept wireless security cameras, wireless internet (yes Muzikman I know the difference :) ), baby monitors, radar guns etc. I've even ran across a web site before where voyeurs posted the locations of wireless security cameras.

So yeah, I would definitely think twice before putting a cheap wireless security camera in my little kids room.

Crighton
08-18-2005, 10:01 AM
I just place all the wireless equipment in the basement. The only waves not blocked by the cement walls and earth are those headed up through the house. Unless someones on my roof or 1ft away from my foundation they get zero signal.

paintman1234
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
well im reading your thread thinking dang im glad i dont live in his neighbor hood (althougth its probley better then mine) and then i see you live in west michigan...great im in muskegon

where do you live exactly? just out of curiosity, and where do you ball?

Lohman446
08-25-2005, 02:57 PM
well im reading your thread thinking dang im glad i dont live in his neighbor hood (althougth its probley better then mine) and then i see you live in west michigan...great im in muskegon

where do you live exactly? just out of curiosity, and where do you ball?

I live in Montague on 40 acres - my closest neighbor is about a 1/4 mile away from me - thats what really throws me on the deal.

I normally play at Colors in Fremont, though it appears I'm going to No Limits this weekend for a tourney

wanna-b-ballin'
08-26-2005, 01:38 AM
A .45 Taurus pistol - loaded with Corbon high veloctiy rounds (officer filing the report was none to happy about that bit of info)

did they not like the corbon high velocity rounds? why?

Automaggot68
08-26-2005, 01:53 AM

Sarcasm?

Lohman446
08-26-2005, 06:04 AM

Corbon loads are ultra-effective - most people who use guns in crimes tend to use standard ammunition, that is less effective. Corbon loads out of a 45 have a one shot stopping percentage in the mid to high 90 percentile - standard 9MM loads are in the 60s if I recall off hand

Automaggot68
08-26-2005, 06:07 AM
Corbon loads are ultra-effective - most people who use guns in crimes tend to use standard ammunition, that is less effective. Corbon loads out of a 45 have a one shot stopping percentage in the mid to high 90 percentile - standard 9MM loads are in the 60s if I recall off hand

They kill you untill you die from it.

Rudz
08-27-2005, 12:53 PM
its tru tho, house break ins are up everywhere, every 1 has to keep gats all hidden so thieves kno they have time to get in and get what they want before u can get ur gat, i kno a ton of people that have been broken into, but my dogs bark at anything that moves, damn doberman is up all night, and he doesnt bark till hes on ur ***, and enough time for me to whoop ur ***, prolly some damn tweaker, sorry man

Enraged Monk
08-27-2005, 01:43 PM
its tru tho, house break ins are up everywhere, every 1 has to keep gats all hidden so thieves kno they have time to get in and get what they want before u can get ur gat, i kno a ton of people that have been broken into, but my dogs bark at anything that moves, damn doberman is up all night, and he doesnt bark till hes on ur ***, and enough time for me to whoop ur ***, prolly some damn tweaker, sorry man

Shut up....No, just shut up...

Cameo
08-28-2005, 03:18 AM

it sooo hurt my head just trying to read that... I think someone if officially worse at basic english in posts then i am.. (but hey at least i try).

lohan? any updates? anything you learned form this fiasco? need to borrow a marshmellow gun for target practice?

Lohman446
08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
it sooo hurt my head just trying to read that... I think someone if officially worse at basic english in posts then i am.. (but hey at least i try).

lohan? any updates? anything you learned form this fiasco? need to borrow a marshmellow gun for target practice?

Hmm updates - insurance company forms suck. Nothing, the police have nothing, it just happened and I get to live with the fact...

scootermn
08-28-2005, 10:06 PM
I know what others have said and your probably tired of listening to it, heck you even admitted it yourself!

but when I went to basic Combat training for the army (got back about 3 weeks ago) when you left something unsecered, the D.S.'s didn't take it from you. You gave it to them, understand?

I trully trully hope you get your guns back, as just coming from basic I would love to own a plinking pistol or 2 for shooting and a decent AR-15 for practice, but thats me.
Scootermn-The new guy!