PDA

View Full Version : having a hard time deciding

nirvana1234
08-15-2005, 09:35 PM
i am really stuck on these 2 markers right now. Ive made the decsion to stick with woodsball and not play speedball anymore. so i think i should get a new marker and ive come down to the A-5 and the tac one.

ive been debating it in my head a lot and i know the tac one has a lot over the A-5 but i kinda want the flatline.

i know the tac one has the lvl 10(no chops:D ) and is higher quailty but im having a tuff tiem with this.

VisioN
08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
i am really stuck on these 2 markers right now. Ive made the decsion to stick with woodsball and not play speedball anymore. so i think i should get a new marker and ive come down to the A-5 and the tac one.

ive been debating it in my head a lot and i know the tac one has a lot over the A-5 but i kinda want the flatline.

i know the tac one has the lvl 10(no chops:D ) and is higher quailty but im having a tuff tiem with this.

I just bought a tac-one, never used an a-5, looks heavier though

slade
08-15-2005, 10:12 PM
well what about the apex barrel? theyd be stupid to not make cocker threads, and everyone says it works well.

magman007
08-15-2005, 10:46 PM
they do make em in cocker barrels, and does work damn well. better than the flatline in many aspects

VFX_Fenix
08-15-2005, 11:00 PM
If you want a flatline then you're looking at an A-5 or an M98C (unless you want to track down one of those Flatline Cockers that are floating around).

The A-5 lends itself, by design, to a rifle or SMG look and feel, with a few additions of some "dress up" items you'll have a mil-sim gun that can mimic pretty much anything in the H&K Rifle/MP5 line and then some.

The A-5 will also lend itself well to limited ammo without a huge expense (Tac-Caps are only, what? $6?) vs. the Tac-One which requires a rather expensive piece of hardware (Long-Bow).

The A-5 also does not require batteries for it's own force feed system and also eliminates the added expense of an additional agitated hopper and, if the user desires, the use of the RT trigger system further enhances the firepower of the gun by easily tuning it to cause the marker to run-away/rapid fire.

All in all you're looking at a completely pneumatic and spring driven machine that'll be able to lay down as much firepower as anyone could ever hope to need in the A-5.

Backed by Tippmann Pneumatics, spare parts and replacments are but a phone call away, sometimes they're even free for some odd reason.

And in my personal experience, I haven't had my A-5 break paint on anything that my Level 10 wouldn't break either.

The Tac-One on the other hand represents something of a beast unto itself. Its shape lends itself well to bull-pup style arrangements. The rail, with three 10-32 holes on each side make mounting of both custom and pre-fabricated items easy. the integrated rails also make mouting accessories a snap (something you'll need to buy extra if you go with an A-5) provided they can mount to weaver rails anyway.

The Tac-One itself carries the engineering that made AGD famous, simple design with a few moving parts to make a wicked gun.

The Tac-One, however, has fewer mil-sim aftermarket options than the A-5, however the likelyhood of getting a lemon when you purchse something for your Tac-One is also reduced (let's face it, there are a lot of bad parts floating around to dress up the A-5). The Tac-One also has a different report than the A-5, most would say it was quieter (which is true to some extent) but the report is also lower.

Both guns are nearly bullet proof, the Tac-One will likely require tuning uppon arrival, the A-5 will be ready to roll out of the box. The A-5 seems a bit more idiot resistant, but that's sort of the reputaion of the Tippmanns.

Be aware, if "stealth" is your goal, the Flatline won't help you, it's a very loud barrel (owning much to the fact that it isn't ported at all).

I'd say look around at what other people are using in the woods with you, play a few games with an A-5 vs. playing with a Mag (if anyone has one that is) or a Shocker (similar feel, weights all off though). Do some looking at where you want to go and then make a decision based on that and the opinions of those you ask.

BTW - I'm reasonably sure most people here will recommend the Tac-One, this is AGD's home turf anyway.

Recon by Fire
08-16-2005, 08:39 AM
IF I was going to buy a Tippmann, which I doubt I ever will, it would be an A-5. That said I find the Tac One a superior marker. Yes, it is AO here and I do own a Tac One. I've seen too many people have troubles with their nifty rod driven feeding system to care to mess with one. I don't care for the size of it realy though tht is not a major concern. I wouldn't worry about the Flatline barrel in the woods anyway, as you seldom really get to shoot at max ranges (depends on where you play I guess). And as previously noted, it is a loud barrel compared to the Tac with just about any barrel (the stock one shoots very nicely too!).

The guys I play woodsball with pretty much all shoot Tippmanns, mostly A-5's too. They all fear the Mag though! They also wish their markers were as quiet :)

Just my $0.02

rkjunior303
08-16-2005, 09:06 AM
they do make em in cocker barrels, and does work damn well. better than the flatline in many aspects

I was surprised by how well the Apex barrel works.. HELL, it has Simon's stamp of approval -- that's good enough for me. I got the chance to see it at IAO and WOW. It works. PERIOD. Even under rapid fire -- Wilkie from DC put it through his Viking on Full-Auto and no chops.

BigEvil
08-16-2005, 09:18 AM
If you have the money you really cant go wrong with a Tac. Plus if later you decide you want to go electro, you can track down a set of emag lowers, or one of the new Logic Frames. The Pneuframe is also an apealing option.

11 Bravo
08-16-2005, 11:48 AM
I have both a Mag and an A5. The A5 is maxed out as far as upgrades and I still prefer the Mag. I recommend getting the Tac One. If you want the Flatline barrel get the Apex barrel for the Tac One.
AGD quality is far superior to Tippmann.

Creative Mayhem
08-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Okay without sounding too biased..

GO WITH THE MAG!!!! :D

HAving shot mags for 13-14yrs, I am biased. You do have a difficault choice, the two you have here are pretty equal in performance and price. What I would look at is, are you planning up upgrading whatever marker you decide to some sort of E version or keeping them mech? Are you planning up making a scenario marker for realism?

If you want the E version, then the A5 is definately cheaper, hands down.

If you want the scenario look, you achieve a cool look on both basemodels, but there are more upgrades for the A5. Then again, do you really want to be like everyone else... ? ;)

Good luck on your decision.

can'tthink of1
08-16-2005, 01:09 PM
You don't have to limit your marker choices because you are playing woodsball... Long as you aren't going for a mil-sim look, there are tons of options that are open.

MoneyShot
08-16-2005, 01:48 PM
i would go with the tac one. They are a lot smaller than A-5's, and they are a lot more quiet. I just think that the tac one is an all around better gun.

killtheoldman
08-16-2005, 05:06 PM
ok the tippmann thing and the tac one is not that hard.
I have owned both and sold my mega pimped out a-5 for the tac one and i would do it a hundred times over. I can tell you this:

if the flatline is a consideration here is my expeirience with it, I hate the flatline i owned one and you loose a level of accuracy in order to get that distance

I personally liked the rt trigger on the flatline a whole lot better than on the tac one.

The accuracy and quality of the tac one has way more thought put into it, thought i must admit that tippmann has a rep for a durable gun. Oh yeah and i dont know if there is any truth to this but I heard tippmann just got bought out by some company and that they are compromising the quality that tippmann used to be.

my opinion heh :dance:

nirvana1234
08-16-2005, 08:26 PM
You don't have to limit your marker choices because you are playing woodsball... Long as you aren't going for a mil-sim look, there are tons of options that are open.
im not really looking for a mil sim look so much as im looking for a durible marker. and the most durible markers out there are mags and tippmanns and since im not really ever gonna play speedball im not planning on getting a e-frame(i know a e-frame would still help me in woods but i like mech)

also i dont liek the apex barrel....i find the effect kinda cheap so i dont wanna buy into it

Maggot6
08-16-2005, 08:28 PM
I've shot an a5 or two, and well, my own RT mag and personally they are both rock solid markers. But I liked the RT mag alot better, because of a few reasons..
- Hoppers, the a5 has it's own, it's pretty good, and i think ricochet may have maed another thing for it, but with the mag, you can warp, qload, gravity, stock class, halo etc...
-Barrels, well, 15 is 15, and tac one is autococker....Much more common,
-Uniqueness - how many people have had an a5 vs a mag around your parts?

VisioN
08-16-2005, 08:56 PM
I just bought a Tac-One :shooting: , I was stuck between that, the a-5 and an ion. I think I made the right choice.

Get the Tac and Rock On! :headbang:

lather
08-16-2005, 11:48 PM
If you are just using HPA than Id go with the Tac, but if you are going to ever use Co2 get the A5. A5 can run on co2 and HPA, Tac is HPA only.

Tacs/Mags are also a bit more air effcient than most A5s as well.