PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE problems

Cow hunter
08-16-2005, 09:52 AM
I have an RT ULE custom with a ULT an it stopped shooting a while ago. Wen i plug the tank into it, it charges and will fire one or two shots, but after that it just vents air wen i pull the trigger. im puzzled, the X-valve has no problems cuz i took it all apart an cleaned it extensivley. Also has a big CP drop, which i suspect is the problem....... any suggestions?

mstrdbz
08-16-2005, 12:15 PM
You might try taking a few shims out of your ULT. If you have a Level 10 bolt system, you might need to retune it. Also, if you are using a trigger with trigger stops, you might not have enough travel in your trigger to activate the on/off properly. I've had the same problem with mine, and usually its one of those.

Cow hunter
08-16-2005, 12:38 PM
ive been using this gun every weekend since april and it just started having problems, could that problem just start happening?

mstrdbz
08-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, because it takes time for o-rings to break in. Which means your lvl 10 carrier might be to big now. You said you cleaned it extensively, did you remeber to lube it afterwards? If you've been running it that long with no problems, it might just need some lube.

Cow hunter
08-16-2005, 03:20 PM
yes i have lubed/cleaned after every use...... an in inexperienced tech put a whole freakin' bottle of oil in it........ took me a while to clean up that mess.......... . i think i might have sumthing to do with the drop..... ill try both anyway.....

skyline
08-16-2005, 11:20 PM
hmm...you might wanna try oiling up the carrier along with the shims inside your bolt. Take it apart, and make sure you have atleast two shims in the carrier. I remember a while back mine was acting up, and the bolt would stick. I thought i had enough shims, but apparently i didn't.

Make sure your velocity is up some, and also make sure your getting enough air through the valve. Starving the valve can cause hissing down the barrel also.

Cow hunter
08-17-2005, 06:25 PM
could a ULT cause any of these problems other than the shims? i still think it might b the cp drop, sum moron b4 me shaved it down and then chipped my tank..........

mobsterboy
08-17-2005, 07:59 PM
post a pic if you are that worried, but i've run many a drop on a mag, and had no problems, now, whether some of my mags work because of maintenance and parts is another question