PDA

View Full Version : Got a Cocker,New, Need Help

NewMagMan21
08-16-2005, 10:28 PM
So I got my first ever cocker...and am pretty much cocker retarded...I was hoping for you guys to help me out...as bad of a sin I have commited
So I have a couple of questions. I recently bought a cocker and this guy had bought parts for it and assembled it. Im kind of wondering/ making sure the parts list HE gave me is correct, and what parts are better

How can you tell the difference between the Worrgames-ACM ram and the Shocktech Autococker Ram

I was wondering which is a better ram- Besales Performance 44 Magnum or Worrgames-ACM ram/ the Shocktech Autococker Ram

http://unknownreg.mypicgallery.com/ Can someone tell me what reg it is...I was told it was a CP Mini Front Reg but I havent found it anywhere to verify...so if someone could help me out that would be nice.

What is better my unknown regulator or the Mako- Micro Reg

Thats all I have for now thanks in advance

CoolHand
08-16-2005, 10:50 PM
That is a nickel plated WGP Sledgehammer (AKA the stock WGP reg that has been on the 'cocker for nearly ever). Its a great reg, there is no reason to replace it, unless it stops working for some reason.

I am not 100% sure what ram that is, but it doesn't matter since most all 'cocker rams are the same, really. If it is cocking now, there is no reason to replace it.

There is no need to replace anything on that marker. Just use it and get to know it.

THEN, if anything irritates you, change it. Until you've played with it though, there is no way to know what (if anything) needs to be changed.

My advice is to play with it, don't futz with it too much, clean and oil it, an leave it at that.

I know this is somewhat counterintuitive to PB'er in general, but I gotta say it:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

warbeak2099
08-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Ryan is right. Unless you're going to slap an eblade or race on there and you want to get it as fast as posible, there's no reason for a new ram. And unless you get lp internals and want to set it up for that kind of thing, stick with the stock lpr. For rec play, leave it as is.

NewMagMan21
08-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Thank you, and like I said Im very new to cockers...the only reason I suggested the alternate parts is because they came with it when I bought it...and I wasnt sure if I should switch them out...and no I havent played with it yet, (its not timed right now)

CoolHand
08-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Thank you, and like I said Im very new to cockers...the only reason I suggested the alternate parts is because they came with it when I bought it...and I wasnt sure if I should switch them out...and no I havent played with it yet, (its not timed right now)

I wouldn't bother changing them. Just hang onto them, in case the parts you are using now crap out (or if you use it a lot, wear out).

NewMagMan21
08-16-2005, 11:23 PM
ok thank you

AzrealDarkmoonZ
08-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Feel free to drop by AIR-Powered (http://www.air-powered.com) , I am a moderator there and its a great community based around cockers.

Az

tippmannsniper-
08-17-2005, 12:10 PM
dont ever get the mako micro reg,and thats not a shocktech ram,i dont what it really is though. also a bealses 44 mag ram is really good, but if ur ever goin to replace the ram definitly buy palmer products ram with qevs

ZEROte
08-17-2005, 12:56 PM
no way is the palmers ram better than a belsales. ive used both. the belsales allows for such a smoother cycle.