PDA

View Full Version : where can i buy...

ultralight
08-17-2005, 03:15 AM
Does anyone know where i can get some of those little brass "tophat" hose keepers for cocker pneumatics?

thanks.

Jaan
08-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Paintball store?

You don't really need them.

maglover728
08-17-2005, 04:12 AM
Search on-line

SummaryJudgement
08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=lObqHE8QhIrq8AwT-98qtEW2nMsv1aKrYts=?CategoryName=paintball-gun-parts-and-upgrades-autococker-gun-upgrades

FallNAngel
08-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Paintball store?

You don't really need them.

I agree... if you need tophats, then you either need to replace the hose (clipping a bit of the end off works too) and/or lower your LPR

SummaryJudgement
08-17-2005, 02:13 PM
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/CKRPRTS.HTM

ultralight
08-17-2005, 10:18 PM
ok, heres the deal:

i'm converting a pgp over to semi and to do that i needed to up the pressure to overcome the hammer spring. it's not amazingly high, but it is higher than normal and the hoses leading to and from my ram are on the side of the marker. in this position they will no doubt be bumped and jostled more than if the ram were on a cocker. basically i want them as an insurance policy.

i am a bit leary of the ones at palmer because it says that they fit oversized barbs. i have the stock ones on the stock brass ram.

thanks to all who have posted so far, keep them coming.

Jaan
08-18-2005, 01:33 AM
Well, sometimes those top hats make the hose wall thinner when you push them onto the barbs, and instead of securing the hoses it makes them weaker.

Any local paintball worth their salt should have a big pile in the back room someplace. It just seems like a waste to pay the shipping and ordering them.

You can get PGP's to cock much lighter. For one thing, if you're going to use a ram you don't need the ball bearings holding the bolt in place since the ram will do that for you.

ultralight
08-18-2005, 01:40 AM
first things to go were those ball bearings.

also, i was wondering if they sold a lighter set of springs (valve and hammer) for the pgp?

thanks.

Jaan
08-18-2005, 01:46 AM
first things to go were those ball bearings.

also, i was wondering if they sold a lighter set of springs (valve and hammer) for the pgp?

thanks.Palmer's the place to go for all that.