PDA

View Full Version : What are your loaders, tell me what you like about them.

ShocktoSanity
08-17-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm thinking on getting a Qloader, but before I do I want to hear some input from AO on what loaders you use. Pros Cons :bounce:

atm743
08-17-2005, 11:54 PM
that are fastest loaders out but they are a pain pain pain to fill and you can ask a bud for a pod if you run out of paint in the middle of a game cuse its not a hopper

really i would get a halo and if you want the loader of set not on the top get a warpfeed with the 12 volt mode and on off switch.

i used to own a warp and i really really mis it

sol tank
08-17-2005, 11:57 PM
i really want a qloader!

i use a ricochet apache. I love it. It super light even with both 9v's in it
it use's 9v's not a bunch of AA's
The reflection design has actually saved me a few hopper hits
The oring neck keeps it from popping out of my feedneck.

what im not to happy about it the top feed is slightly more a hastle than other hoppers...but its still easy...
and those same orings on the neck...when trying to remove from the feedneck is will take a lot of twisting and force.

hockeynoodles020
08-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Ive got a Empire reloader and an Egg II. I use the reloader because i like the feel/look of it. It feeds plenty fast for me, and its sound activated. The egg II is heavier, bigger, and just looks wierd. So depending on what kinda gun you have, i say get a Empire reloader, or Revy :cheers:

ShocktoSanity
08-17-2005, 11:59 PM
What I am really going for is not so much speed but getting the smallest possible packedge and getting the blimp of the top of my gun. But if I get a blimp then do force feds help the warp feed or hamper it. The gun I have is a Mag Smith Paradigm Pro. Looking to get everything of the top and to the left :argh:

atm743
08-18-2005, 12:18 AM
What I am really going for is not so much speed but getting the smallest possible packedge and getting the blimp of the top of my gun. But if I get a blimp then do force feds help the warp feed or hamper it. The gun I have is a Mag Smith Paradigm Pro. Looking to get everything of the top and to the left :argh:

warp with a 12 volt revvy and then get a intelliframe and intellifeed that sucker

magman007
08-18-2005, 01:02 AM
go with an empire reloader b. warps are wonky and heavy, and if you cant tuck your hopper in behind your bunker, with a low rise or no rise feedneck, you need to learn how to play

jewie27
08-18-2005, 01:06 AM
My main loader for my Mag is a Ricochet Apache w/2005 motor (it feeds 20 bps) and it sits on a
"Big Cell" two nine volt Warp Feed.

My other loader is a Intellifed 12V Revolution.

The Apache/Warp is fast. The Apache weighs have a pound less than a Halo and 1/4 pound less than a Evo II.

68magOwner
08-18-2005, 01:18 AM
have used every loader short of a Q

only 2 i use regularly are my halo, and revvy, nuff said

shartley
08-18-2005, 05:54 AM
I use a Revy and a Reloader. I like them both.

warbeak2099
08-18-2005, 08:05 AM
I love my Qloader. I haven't had a hopper hit in over a year. It's a pain to fill the pods at first. Then you get used to it.

BigEvil
08-18-2005, 09:19 AM
The Q loader is pure performance.. but it has its limitations, and it has some traits that many people dont like. The pods are only 100 rnds, they are expensive, and a pain to fill. It all depends on your style of play. If you go through 5 pods of paint a game, I really wouldnt recomend this for you. If you are a scenario baller... this might be a good choice.

The Halo is a great choice. There are so many options with it. Its fast as hell.. and there are several board options. Its down side is that its heavy, only holds about 170 rnds, and they can be a pain if you have to take it apart and clean it. So far my ive upgraded the board, the drive cone, and added a rip drive to mine.

The Eggy is ok, its not as fast as the halo, but it holds more paint. The shell and battery door are pretty poor though. Ive had to replace the propeler and battery door on mine already and I dont use it that much.l

I have a Pre-Brass Eagle Viewloader. Its not as fast as the newer loaders, but its reliable and the shell is much tougher than the new models. The X boarded ones can do about 13+ bps. I have one of these laying around somewhere that I got used in a deal.... its ok... but I much prefer my older one.

My favorite set up is my Warp/Halo combo. I have the warb breech for my xmag.. so the top of the gun is clean. The Warp has really grown on me.

ShocktoSanity
08-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Well sense it really only takes maybe 300 rounds to get 3 ppl out on the worst days, Q loader here I come. I hate blimps they make you stand out even in speed ball. :mad:

sol tank
08-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Well sense it really only takes maybe 300 rounds to get 3 ppl out on the worst days, Q loader here I come. I hate blimps they make you stand out even in speed ball. :mad:

good choise IMO. I rarely have a full hopper when playing. I just toss a 140 round pod in when im almost out and play, so its not like i would take a huge hit cuz im getting 40 balls less.

Loguzzzzzz
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
I have been using q-loaders for over a year now and love them. Some say that the 100 ball limit is a down fall but I have never found it to be one. The pods change in seconds. I carry one pod in the marker and 4 pods in my pack and haven't had a problem yet. What is better is that most of the guys I play with use them as well and we have shared pods in the heat of a game if someone need a pod.

I know that there are some who think that the Q-loaders are ugly but I like the way the fit on the markers. If you go to their website and look at the pics you will see my "Z" gripped mag and my "Y" gripped mag in their player's gallery. My guns are the last three pictures posted in there.

I have also posted a couple of pics here in some related threads.

The parts are guaranteed for life and they will ship them out the same day you need them as long as they are in stock. I have received the parts the next day.

I have found them to be very durable. I have thrown them from bunker to bunker when some of my teammates have needed a pod. Besides they replace any part that breaks for free including the shipping.

I actually use a HALO to fill my pods. I made a hopper that attaches to the halo, holds 500+ rounds and can load 5 pods in about 3 minutes. I usually load 14 pods at a time this way I only have to fill a couple of times in a days play.

I have also used an "egg" to load. I saw somewhere here on AO where one guy grafted a evolution aggitater to the Q-Loader "shilo" including the eyes. It was an ingenious setup.

I will agree that if you are using the "Shilo" that is provided it is a pain to load the pods or it becomes a two man operation.

hockeynoodles020
08-18-2005, 12:38 PM
I have been using q-loaders for over a year now and love them. Some say that the 100 ball limit is a down fall but I have never found it to be one. The pods change in seconds. I carry one pod in the marker and 4 pods in my pack and haven't had a problem yet. What is better is that most of the guys I play with use them as well and we have shared pods in the heat of a game if someone need a pod.

I know that there are some who think that the Q-loaders are ugly but I like the way the fit on the markers. If you go to their website and look at the pics you will see my "Z" gripped mag and my "Y" gripped mag in their player's gallery. My guns are the last three pictures posted in there.

I have also posted a couple of pics here in some related threads.

The parts are guaranteed for life and they will ship them out the same day you need them as long as they are in stock. I have received the parts the next day.

I have found them to be very durable. I have thrown them from bunker to bunker when some of my teammates have needed a pod. Besides they replace any part that breaks for free including the shipping.

I actually use a HALO to fill my pods. I made a hopper that attaches to the halo, holds 500+ rounds and can load 5 pods in about 3 minutes. I usually load 14 pods at a time this way I only have to fill a couple of times in a days play.

I have also used an "egg" to load. I saw somewhere here on AO where one guy grafted a evolution aggitater to the Q-Loader "shilo" including the eyes. It was an ingenious setup.

I will agree that if you are using the "Shilo" that is provided it is a pain to load the pods or it becomes a two man operation.

:tard: what a waste of a halo...send it to me :hail:

Loguzzzzzz
08-18-2005, 12:45 PM
:tard: what a waste of a halo...send it to me :hail:
Then I would have to use the "egg"...that would be slower :D :dance:

warbeak2099
08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Yea, I'm planning on picking up a pre-be 9v revvy to load my pods with.

Here are the downsides:

1) Low capacity. No problem for a frontman like me especially since it takes so little time to change pods. No spills either. However, a backman would be at a serious disadvantage. I do not reccomend the Q for backplayers.

2) Pain in the arse to fill the pods. This actually gets easier with experience. It used to take me around 6-7 minutes to fill my 3 qpods. It now takes me around 2-3 minutes. With a cheapo motorized hopper it should take even less time.

3) Pain in the arse to clean. This is true, but you shouldn't be breaking paint in the loader unless you are using old crappy paint, or you are forcing something and cause a ball to break yourself. Again, with more experience this diminishes. I used to break paint in my Qloader every time I was at the field. Not on the field, at the staging area. I never break balls anymore since I've figured the system out and I know how to avoid it.

Other than that stuff, it's light, faster than anything else, no batteries, lowest profile you're gonna get, backed by a great company with free replacement parts (AIC has always treated me and their other customers very well), and it's a force feeder so it will feed at any angle.

cdacda13
08-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Empire Reloader B- Great Hopper. Faster than Ill ever need. Alittle heavy, but it grows on you.
Empire Relaoder (revy clone)- Great hopper. Very consistant. Very little. Have had a little trouble with the shells.

MoneyShot
08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
i love my revvy because since i dont have an x valve i dont need to be feeding do many bps. It has always fed really fast for me and never had any miss feds

JRingold
08-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Two Halo-B's an Egg and a stick.

It's a loader, you put balls in it and it filters them down to your marker. Other than that, I think they are all basically the same.

Ken
08-18-2005, 11:20 PM
I use a 2k4 viking with eyes and a Mech mag
Revvy- It feeds around 13 bps, fine for rec play
Pocket Hopper-This is the hopper that I use on my mech mag and yes, I load with 10 round tubes. I won't lie, using this on my mech mag is the most fun i have ever had in PB. I shot around 300 balls a day in speedball.

scrumpy
08-19-2005, 01:12 AM
I have a Ricochet AK:

Pros:
-Awesome look
-Deflection technology saved me a hopper hit once but caused a mask hit off of the ricochet action:rolleyes:
-Extremely efficient on the batteries
-Keeps up with my ROF (given my mag isn't super fast- I've probably only shot 10bps max)
-Feedneck o-rings keep in in tight without permanent change to the hopper
-Shell seems to be pretty strong as I've taken some close hopper shots and no cracks yet

Cons:
-Holds 170ish balls
-Agitated feed seems to be going out of style fast as marker speed increases

My Conclusion: The rico is inexpensive and gets the job done for me. If you're looking to shoot at crazy fast ROF's go for something like the Q you were looking at, Halo, or EGG.

jewie27
08-19-2005, 01:32 AM
I have a Ricochet AK:

Pros:
-Awesome look
-Deflection technology saved me a hopper hit once but caused a mask hit off of the ricochet action:rolleyes:
-Extremely efficient on the batteries
-Keeps up with my ROF (given my mag isn't super fast- I've probably only shot 10bps max)
-Feedneck o-rings keep in in tight without permanent change to the hopper
-Shell seems to be pretty strong as I've taken some close hopper shots and no cracks yet

Cons:
-Holds 170ish balls
-Agitated feed seems to be going out of style fast as marker speed increases

My Conclusion: The rico is inexpensive and gets the job done for me. If you're looking to shoot at crazy fast ROF's go for something like the Q you were looking at, Halo, or EGG.

Ricochet makes the lightest electronic loaders on the market.

VFX_Fenix
08-19-2005, 02:07 AM
In order of appearance -

Evo II -
Good loader, quick enough for what I can shoot through my E-Mag, never really hear chuffing until I get pretty low on paint.

Strengths -
Snap-shut lid, nice touch, makes closing the hopper super easy with a tap of the empt pod
Lid shape in general, provides a pretty wide mouth while keeping paint in when shooting with the thing open
Position, after trimming the neck to fit what ever sort of rise collar I'm using, the Evo sits really nice and low.

Weakness -
Snap-shut lid, also makes breaking paint something of a problem if the hopper is loaded too full
Loader shape, because the thing sits so far back it's difficult to put my head where I want to if I'm wearing the visor on any of my goggle systems, not a huge deal, but an annoyance.
Weight, this goes back to the loader's shape and places the mass of the loader such that it will make the gun tail haevy, even when empty.
Battery Door, this one finally hit me when the tabs that hold the door shut on the shell body broke off, a little nut and bolt mod saves the day though.

Ricochet 2K -
Great inexpensive loader I bought used from someone who didn't want it. LCD screen is handy, though the Reload alarm is a bit troubling from time to time.

Strengths -
Shape, there's an old one, it really does do what it claims, though often it sends a ball skipping off of the side of the loader and into my mask.
Position, though it seems to sit taller than the Evo II the visibility under it is awesome.
Sensor tongue, nifty little twist, when installed propperly (made that mistake a few times) works like a charm.
Weight, super light, even for a standard agitated hopper, lends itself to ballancing my guns well.
Appearance, I think it looks darn slick m'self

Weaknesses -
Loader lid, the position of this thing makes for some rather awkward reloads sometimes having to reach, what feels like, very high in oder to get paint into the loader.
Servo noise, this loader isn't exactly "quiet" and I think is the loudest servo I've ever heard outside of the RC world.
Alarms, while nice to have periodically, and there is a mute feature, they can be rather umm... distracting at times and often go un-used.
Tall, or at least it seems to be, that could have everything to do with where the lid is positioned and the ammout of visibility under the thing.

Revolution 12V -
First agitated loader I ever purchased, a classic if you ask me. Nothing horribly spectacular about it, pretty much fits the bill with the Rico, though the lid position is better and I like the toggle switches over the push buttons. Old school shells a plus. (sorry I sold it actually :( )