PDA

View Full Version : Flatline tank question(s)

NewMagMan21
08-18-2005, 05:43 PM
So I recently just got a 47 ci 3000 psi Flatline tank(it was thrown into a trade)...And me not being very knowledgable in this area I firgure to bring my questions here.
1 How can I tell the Hydro...(this is the first time Ive needed to... it has an 07 (then a circled L on it similar to @) and then 99...does this mean it was hydroed in 99 and is goo until 07?

2How much would this things go for...the tank itself has like only 3 small nicks...and the doesnt seem to have like a mark on it.

TheTramp
08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Is it a fiber wrapped tank? If so it's three years out of date.

You could get around $150 for it if you were willing to wait to sell till the right deal came along. The valve is the valuable part.

NewMagMan21
08-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Its alluminum I believe...I dont have it with me but I have o pic of its initialls that read
DOT-3AL3000...and since I know its not carbon wrapped...Im just guessing it aluminum

NewMagMan21
08-18-2005, 06:37 PM
what would that change?

VFX_Fenix
08-18-2005, 06:41 PM
So I recently just got a 47 ci 3000 psi Flatline tank(it was thrown into a trade)...And me not being very knowledgable in this area I firgure to bring my questions here.
1 How can I tell the Hydro...(this is the first time Ive needed to... it has an 07 (then a circled L on it similar to @) and then 99...does this mean it was hydroed in 99 and is goo until 07?

2How much would this things go for...the tank itself has like only 3 small nicks...and the doesnt seem to have like a mark on it.

07 L 99 <- Month and date of original Hydro test.

So your tank was last tested in July of 1999 and is well OUT of hydro. The "L" character is the mark of the manufacturer.

Aluminum cylinders are up for re-hydro every 3 years and have an indefinate service life.
Fiber tanks are up for re-hydro every 3 years as well (unless specifically noted on the cylinder that it's good for 5) and have a 15 year service life.

Service life means that after so many years the tank, though it may still pass hydro, is condemned (usually with a hole drilled through the bottle before it's handed back to you).

Hydro testing is usually around $20/cylinder and can usually be done within 2-3 days after the tank is recieved.

EDIT- You Flatline is probably worth $100, the bottle is about worthless, the reg is where all the value is. If you want to step-up to a bigger air-system I'd advise buying a cheap 3000psi system (like a 3A or something) and just exchanging the bottles.

chairman_mao
08-19-2005, 09:16 AM
EDIT- You Flatline is probably worth $100, the bottle is about worthless, the reg is where all the value is. If you want to step-up to a bigger air-system I'd advise buying a cheap 3000psi system (like a 3A or something) and just exchanging the bottles.

The Flatline is worth what someone will pay for it. However if you plan on keeping it and plan on replacing the bottle DO NOT try and swap it out yourself. You will only end up doing damage to one or both regs. Send it off to Tuna of AGD and have them do it. There is a special tool used for the flatline reg and only 3 of them exist. Be smart and this reg will last you a lifetime

NewMagMan21
08-19-2005, 12:20 PM
No, no, no....no way am I goin to do it myself...might as well just blow it up...Im not a newb (even though this is a newb question)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-19-2005, 10:56 PM
since we're on the topic of switching bottles and rehydro... was there a new change in regulation for aci bulldog tanks? the date on the tank is 2/02 but i believe there was some sort of DOT regulationamajiger saying my carbon fiber tank is a 5 year hydro instead of a 3 year.

splatterbrain
08-19-2005, 11:07 PM
since we're on the topic of switching bottles and rehydro... was there a new change in regulation for aci bulldog tanks? the date on the tank is 2/02 but i believe there was some sort of DOT regulationamajiger saying my carbon fiber tank is a 5 year hydro instead of a 3 year.
I don't Know what tank manufacturer made you tank But my ACI bulldog was made by Luxfer and you can find info about them at Luxfer's website. Hope this help's you. http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/paintball/specifications/us_imperial.shtml

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-19-2005, 11:19 PM
woo hoo 2 more years on my tank!