PDA

View Full Version : Team AO at the 2002 LA Open? (Continued)

DiRTyBuNNy
12-03-2001, 10:52 PM
I started this new thread because after 3 or so pages it starts to get cluttered and new people don't want to join in because they've lost too much of the conversation. Sorry i haven't been saying much, i work full time so you'll see me talking in spurts..I want to get a head count on who's interested in doing this..other than Bonx, Chaos and myself..because i'd really like to get more than 5 people, so that we can have some reserves and such..

Minimag4me
12-03-2001, 11:51 PM
i would love to join but my problem is i cant practice on sundays and i cant practice every week because im poor and dont have a car yet. so i can practice with you guys every once and a while and if you absolutely need a reserve im here. Next year(end of march) when i have a better job and car i can probably practive whenever on weekends and be a full member

Chaos
12-04-2001, 01:27 AM
Whoever wants to come practice with us, its all good.

minimag - u can practice when u get a chance and be a backup if you'd like

We need a head count, so anyone who can participate and wants to, please post. We need atleast 5

Bonx0007
12-04-2001, 01:51 AM
I am in as always. Come one come all. toymyster you around? We need more absolute yes players. we have too many maybes..not that there is anything wrong with that we need back ups too. But it would be nice to have a full team.

HEAD COUNT:
1.DirtyBunny*
2.Chaos*
3.Bonx0007*
4.toymyster*
5.Miscue*???
:confused:

Confirmations on the question mark people would be nice.
Thank alot.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-04-2001, 02:00 AM
toymyster emailed me the other day...he's down for the count right now..he's all messed up with the Excite@home fiasco..if you want his number i can PM it to you..i work days so it'd be hard for me to get a hold of him, so if anyone doesn't work during the day i can give you his number so that you can call him..

Bonx0007
12-04-2001, 02:02 AM
pm me I will call him wednesday.

Bonx0007
12-04-2001, 02:18 AM
I have one question.
If it is a voice mail number...why could you not call it now and just leave the poor guy a message? He will eventually get it.Doesn't really matter i guess I will call him wednesday and get him up to speed. Thanks for the pm.

p.s. clean out your mail box plz.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-04-2001, 02:54 AM
sorry..my bad..i didn't pay attention enough to realize that...looks like i need to be hit on the head like little bunny foo-foo...

toymyster
12-04-2001, 12:58 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey, what's up with the question marks in front of my name??? I'm in!!!! Consider this a Confirmation!!! Minimag, If you can play on sundays, we can carpool, I leave from Lake Forest!!!

toymyster
12-04-2001, 01:01 PM
I posted this under the other thread as well:
OK, Everyone, Bonx just notified me there is a tourney over at Tombstone!!! Let's practice at Jungle Island, we can have the tourney field practicaly to ourelves, it's $10 for team practice, BYOP, Air is free, and it's closer to the SD crowd!!! Keep me posted!!! Later!!

Bonx0007
12-04-2001, 08:44 PM
For getting a good crowd to practice I think we need to stay with tombstone for now. Since chaos says we can still get a field anyway. Maybe next practice we will go to jungle but lets at least meet up this once at Tombstone. I will be there. Toymyster I hope you will still come. I kind of want to be able to view the whole tourney scene. it will be good for some of us newbies to the tourney scene. I am still going to go to tombstone and everyone I would like to see you all there. cool ok my second point. ****Dirtybunny I recently reread what I typed to you in the previous posts and I am sorry for the reprimanding tone I took. I was just stressed about some school work and the words came out wrong so I hope you can accept my humble apology. Ok, so I will see you all Sunday at tombstone.
Toymyster I guess your internet is back on... glad you are back with us! We all need to keep communicating it works well on and off the feild.

Chaos can you call tombstone and see what arrangments are going to be made at the feild.ie available fields, rec play, or what just to be sure, Let Us All Know as soon as you do. thanks a lot

Chaos
12-04-2001, 09:07 PM
Basically its like this - I used to ref and help guntech there, my friend who is coming with us used to be the guntech there. We're good friends with the owner and about everyone else that works there, so we can get whatever fields are open :)

They will also have the walkon sessions going, which we can just joinup with (walkon-A (advanced)). The tourni will be going on most likely on the hyperball field, and possibly the backspeedball/front trenches. every other field should be open.

Bonx0007
12-04-2001, 09:11 PM
For our first practice as long as we can atleast play with each other it will be cool no matter what the field looks like. We can network when we are there and determine what would be best to do for the future once we get there. lets keep it simple for now. Chaos has got us hooked up here lets run with it.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-04-2001, 09:28 PM
I second that..(and i have no idea why it keeps saying my mailbox is full..i've only got like 4 messages in it...whatever)

Vegeta
12-04-2001, 09:39 PM
Oh yea.. i can see this now.. first team to enter a big tourney without 1 full team practice.. lol

Wish I could help out somehow.

Chaos
12-04-2001, 10:24 PM
lol actually we arn't playing. And a lot of teams enter tourni's like this as their first, you have to start somewhere. And this tourni isn't a big one, but it has actual teams in it and I think we would get wooped, since none of us have played together or anything. But its nothing compared to caljam or anything like that, but it is one of tombstones larger tourni's.

Bonx0007
12-05-2001, 01:34 AM
there always has to be haters. lol.j/k
:p

FooTemps
12-05-2001, 01:39 AM
Who knows? Team AO might get some beginner's luck and actually might get to play...

DiRTyBuNNy
12-05-2001, 01:40 AM
who here is going through paintball withdrawls...raise your hand...

FooTemps
12-05-2001, 01:43 AM
:raises hand: :(

well, yeah, does restriction count as a withdrawl?

DiRTyBuNNy
12-05-2001, 01:50 AM
it's all good..we've all been down that route...

FooTemps
12-05-2001, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
it's all good..we've all been down that route...

This route is permanent though... I need to get 4.0 grades or my parents won't consider letting me play more than 1 time every 3 months...

Muzikman
12-05-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Vegeta
Oh yea.. i can see this now.. first team to enter a big tourney without 1 full team practice.. lol

Wish I could help out somehow.

Well, it has been done before. There is a team called "Team POG" much like "Team Automags.org" except that they are all Palmer users. I have played with them twice. The first time was Skyball 99 and I had only met one other person on that team before that weekend. I also played with them this past year at the IAO. I had never met any of these guys before. Now, a little note here. We had our butts handed to us, but it was still a fun day and we where not playing to win, we where playing for Sportsmanship (wish we did not win, but a very deserving team did, right BlackVCG:)) We did play to improve our games as the day went one, we also played to not get maxed. This last IAO was probably the most fun i had a tournament in many years, and I hope to have just as much fun at Skyball this year with Team Automags.org.

Just my two cents worth...

toymyster
12-05-2001, 01:24 PM
If everyone is going to Tombstone, then Tombstone it is!! I'll be there!! Hope to see everyone there, too!!!

Bonx0007
12-05-2001, 08:48 PM
toymyster good to here you are coming. i might have to try that intelli frame of yours out!;)

DiRTyBuNNy
12-06-2001, 12:32 AM
I'm very sorry to report that i won't be able to make it this sunday; my boss begged and pleaded for me to work sunday (or else he would have just told me i had to work..even though last week he promised i could have it off)..so if anyone would like to do it again next sunday I've got his word that i will be able to make it. I apologize to everybody on the team for this unforeseen circumstance and i hope you forgive me.

Bonx0007
12-06-2001, 01:39 AM
cold world. sorry dude. looks like alternate players are gonna be a must.chaos said he is bringing an extra guy so i guess we will have enough.At the end of this practice we will discuss the next practice and we will keep you posted.

toymyster
12-06-2001, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear that Bunny, that's too bad!! I might have an extra guy coming too!! However, next Sunday will work for me too, I'm not one to complain about playing 2 weekends in a row!!! So can we get a Definite head count???
Toymyster is in!!

Bonx0007
12-06-2001, 02:45 PM
I am there.

Bonx0007
12-06-2001, 11:54 PM
Chaos, I just wanted to remind you to bring the stuff we discussed and, Thanks a lot!

Bonx0007
12-08-2001, 02:32 AM
Ok peeps, it looks like we are only going to have officially 3 of the five players at practice. And a bunch of extra people that are just friends that want to play. Which is cool but we need more players bad. I have no idea if Miscue is still interested.:confused: If you are please let us know if you will be at practice for sure. Also, we are still looking for more players so don't be afraid to join now!

toymyster
12-08-2001, 10:01 PM
It's always good to have as many people in practices as we can!!! Because as we saw with Bunny, things do come up, and not everyone can make every practice or tourney!!!

Bonx0007
12-08-2001, 10:20 PM
ok, well i will see you guys tomorrow.

Chaos
12-08-2001, 10:33 PM
ok, i need to know, what do you guys want me to bring? I was supposed to bring the gun for Bunny right? please email me ASAP so I know what to bring. Bonx, u still need a barrel? let me know ASAP or you one of you may be forced to use my cocker! since i have 2 setup for tomorrow.... lol *oh the shame of using a cocker* *tear*

zads27
12-08-2001, 10:53 PM
Well, I'm back in NorCal (San Jose to be exact), for winter break, which is a month long.
So, I probably won't get in enough practice time with you guys to make it for LA Open 2k2, but I'd definately be happy to practice with you guys (or against you guys), assuming I can hitch a ride with someone in San Diego.

Bonx0007
12-09-2001, 12:28 AM
Yes, please bring paint(for me) and barrel(s)