PDA

View Full Version : Phased out of Inventory

scrumpy
08-19-2005, 01:04 AM
First off - I'm not trying to make a big stink saying that airgun is going to hell and here is proof etc etc blah blah blah. I'm merely commenting on something that I find to be interesting.

Paintballgear.com is one of the biggest online retailers - probably offline for that matter- of paintball products in the world. I was trying to check the prices they have listed for the 68 Automag because last I remember they were rediculous, but it seems that the only Airgun stock they have left is misc parts and upgrades. It's too bad.
I know that there are still wonderful automag dealers here on AO and such but dang, pretty soon I won't be going anywhere else to get my paintball gear because the things I want are becoming less and less available.

PsychoBaller
08-19-2005, 01:50 AM
::: echoing from a distance ::: ......"tunnaaaaaa man......... tuuuuunNNNNAaaaa mann...... TUUUNNANAAA MAN! "

He's got it all. Bodies, parts and nick nacks up to his eyeballs.

PM box is usually filled up though. Try EMAIL or carrier pigeon, or just wave a fish around in the air, and he will come a runnin' to help. :D

:cheers:

-baller

maglover728
08-19-2005, 02:45 AM
AGD has never been that popular in the advertising market. "upgrades" and maybe parts kits are about all that I find in online stores anymore. Hell, even twist lock barrels are getting harder to find. IMO

sol tank
08-19-2005, 12:34 PM
First off - I'm not trying to make a big stink saying that airgun is going to hell and here is proof etc etc blah blah blah. I'm merely commenting on something that I find to be interesting.

Paintballgear.com is one of the biggest online retailers - probably offline for that matter- of paintball products in the world. I was trying to check the prices they have listed for the 68 Automag because last I remember they were rediculous, but it seems that the only Airgun stock they have left is misc parts and upgrades. It's too bad.
I know that there are still wonderful automag dealers here on AO and such but dang, pretty soon I won't be going anywhere else to get my paintball gear because the things I want are becoming less and less available.

i asked them why they stopped stocking them when i was in their store and the guy at the counter said they are out of date and cant keep up with spyders even.

Arstron
08-19-2005, 12:56 PM
::: echoing from a distance ::: ......"tunnaaaaaa man......... tuuuuunNNNNAaaaa mann...... TUUUNNANAAA MAN! "

He's got it all. Bodies, parts and nick nacks up to his eyeballs.

PM box is usually filled up though. Try EMAIL or carrier pigeon, or just wave a fish around in the air, and he will come a runnin' to help. :D

-baller

Is tunaman still around? I havnt seen him posting here or on his site in awhile.

Pha|anx
08-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Is tunaman still around? I havnt seen him posting here or on his site in awhile.Yes he's still around.

MadPSIence
08-19-2005, 01:18 PM
This is pretty much the same anywhere. If you're looking for signs that AGD is done for... well.. when's the last time you heard a release from AGD reguarding anything other than canadian shipping options since the tac-one came out?

dolphin1823
08-19-2005, 01:36 PM
i asked them why they stopped stocking them when i was in their store and the guy at the counter said they are out of date and cant keep up with spyders even.

True they can't keep up with Spyders....as far as how every 2 months a new shinny Spyder comes out. Its all about the ups. Mags are being phased out by paintball stores because there's no turnover, there's no $$$. My wife and I and 5 of my friends have had Mags for the last 5 years or more. Couple of us have ULE bodys, and lvl 10 bolts, I'm the only one with an Itella frame and X-valve, the rest are pretty much stock. Why :confused: Because they work every time we use them. Use, clean, oil, repeat, time and time again. How many times have you've gone to the field and seen people with spyders in pieces or their velosity (sp?) is to high or to low, or the thing won't stop cycling, like its out of air. Then you go to the web site and you buy a spring kit, a new valve, a LPC, new bolt, new frame, expansion chamber, etc...basiclly you buy the cheap marker, then replace everything but the body, then do it all again when the next spyder comes out in 2 months. $$$$$$$ :wow:

Muzikman
08-19-2005, 01:43 PM
And why does AGD have to come out with anything new to "keep up"?

Many of us remember the years between 1996 and 2000 where NOTHING came from AGD. You didn't hear a peep from them. The only time you even saw them was at IAO and World Cup and that was just to tech guns.

AGD has always been too far ahead of the curve until then. They were the first paintball company with a trailer (1994), they were the first to use HPS (1991 *I think), etc...

AGD use to do alot of advertising, every where you looked you saw Mag this and Mag that. This has not been the case since about 97 or so. Has it hurt them, maybe, but they are a VERY small company and I don't think people realize this. With the popularity of Paintball, ad space is not cheap and they are just too small to use that as a medium.

Is it harder to find parts for mags at online stores and fields? Sure, but that is why you have great dealers here on AO. If there is something you need, between one of them and the AGD online store you can get it. Just make sure you go to the field with some extra orings incase something goes wrong.

Muzikman
08-19-2005, 01:44 PM
True they can't keep up with Spyders....as far as how every 2 months a new shinny Spyder comes out. Its all about the ups. Mags are being phased out by paintball stores because there's no turnover, there's no $$$. My wife and I and 5 of my friends have had Mags for the last 5 years or more. Couple of us have ULE bodys, and lvl 10 bolts, I'm the only one with an Itella frame and X-valve, the rest are pretty much stock. Why :confused: Because they work every time we use them. Use, clean, oil, repeat, time and time again. How many times have you've gone to the field and seen people with spyders in pieces or their velosity (sp?) is to high or to low, or the thing won't stop cycling, like its out of air. Then you go to the web site and you buy a spring kit, a new valve, a LPC, new bolt, new frame, expansion chamber, etc...basiclly you buy the cheap marker, then replace everything but the body, then do it all again when the next spyder comes out in 2 months. $$$$$$$ :wow:

That is a great post and point too.

mutigerfan04
08-19-2005, 09:55 PM
According to my local shop AGD is dead. Guess I should have told him to come here huh?

TMAXXKING1
08-20-2005, 12:01 AM
ahhmm

www.themagsmith.com

has so much more the the average mag shop ... :shooting:

Automaggot68
08-20-2005, 03:58 AM
This is pretty much the same anywhere. If you're looking for signs that AGD is done for... well.. when's the last time you heard a release from AGD reguarding anything other than canadian shipping options since the tac-one came out?

Are we going to cry, child?

Target Practice
08-20-2005, 04:35 AM
Are we going to cry, child?

Waa naa naaaaaaa, woooewoooo....Waa na naaaaaaaa...

JKR
08-20-2005, 05:38 AM
It's funny to me that people always equate lack of advertising with the death of a company. I'll wager AGD spends more than PPS or CCI in advertising and both companies seem to be doing well. Last I heard, CCI couldn't keep up in demand for it's "outdated paintgun."

hipster
08-20-2005, 10:35 AM
AGD is not dead It is deep into woods ball , last month splat magazine featured the long shot sniper marker / an auto mag based 20 shot gat, just produced

Automaggot68
08-20-2005, 11:06 AM
AGD is not dead It is deep into woods ball , last month splat magazine featured the long shot sniper marker / an auto mag based 20 shot gat, just produced

And if you read article, AGD DOES NOT MAKE THAT KIT FOR THE TAC-1.

JoshK
08-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Let's put it this way. When AGD was at it's prime they didn't need to make new stuff to stay popular that's why they didn't. Now when people demand a gun to be the newest best thing to want to buy it; AGD has to make new stuff to keep up with the market. I almost wish they made new stuff few monthes or so. Even if it is just a new body or rail design. Come one even Rogue can do it, and I believe he is only a one person operation(please correct me if I'm wrong).

Target Practice
08-20-2005, 01:34 PM
And if you read article, AGD DOES NOT MAKE THAT KIT FOR THE TAC-1.

He said "gat", that both invalidates his post and makes him a TSC told me to take this part out, so I am.