PDA

View Full Version : Praise The Magmakers!

MadPSIence
08-19-2005, 02:27 PM
(if I nix someones name... sorry.. I'm cramming a lot in)

Where's the community here?

Well I figure it was about time I've said it. I think the mag cult-following is just something else. There's so many people here on AO that have taken on the amazing original product from AGD and created a MASS of aftermarket and improvement. Honestly if not for some people around here... mags would be much more far and few here... now we STILL have new mag parts and features coming out which is amazing frankly. So in order here's some thank you's.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/richanderson929/Folks/0tom1.gif
First off thanks to AGD. Tom Kaye - the man. I don't think any other Prez has stood behind product the way Tom did. Tom's a genius and there's no question. I mean look what the old guy does in his spare time. I bet he'll build a time machine, go back in time, and assassinate the Gardener bros. (Someone should)

Anyways Tom, thanks for being the genius behind so many of AGD's amazing products, and for being a really down to earth and awesome guy for all the people who love AGD. That picture of you charging out on D-Day with 2 Sydarms is worth many thousand words

http://members.lycos.co.uk/richanderson929/Folks/0marcia1.gif
Oh who next.. ah Marcia! Yeah I couldn't leave you out of this. Though you didn't build the mag you helped keep the business smooth and flowing. AGD.. which was the #1 for a while must have been really busy and you were there. You're still here now and I think you're a really genuine, nice helpful lady. How many other companies do I know the office lady by name at? Hah, none. If I call Brass Eagle or SP I may get a redirect call to a guy named Ahmed Falafel in Pakistan. Thanks for treating us mag folk so good, and doing so even now.

So thanks a ton to AGD, everyone who was a part of it (I wish I knew everyone in the AGD scene... but I really haven't been around long enough to know... but thanks to those people)

On to the custom makers and sellers!! Alright... it's fact. The mag market would be dead if it weren't for these people. You know who you are. The people that make the awesome, high quality, custom, aftermarket parts for the mag. My next mag is going to have 2 AGD parts on it. The rest? You guys helped. That says a lot.

First off, because I didn't draw a goofy picture of him, Jay (aka. fireblade) here's to you for being a practical library of knowledge for us, and for always being helpful. You're also behind some great stuff for the mag such as the up and coming Pneumatic frame as well as your now-famous Fireblade triggers. I bet you're behind even more stuff.

Second, Mr. Tunaman (I wish I knew your name *embarassment*) Since I didn't pull off a goofy pic for ya you're right here. You make some seriously amazing custom mags and your products are no slouch. Anything Tuna-Made is going to be LIGHT and solid as heck. Thanks for also being a big help for the people around here that can't seem to find the answers anywhere else. I notice, when in doubt, people look for Tuna!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/richanderson929/Folks/0jason1.gif
Jason, (aka RogueFactor) I think as far as custom hard-parts go you set the bar here. Bodies, rails, grips, triggers, feednecks, VA's, adapters etc etc etc. All of it... perfect quality and done right. Who the hell does your anno? Give them a medal. Thanks a ton for making kickass stuff for us and making it so well.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/richanderson929/Folks/0ryan1.gif
Ryan (aka Coolhand), the man behind Logic Paintball. My praise comes to you heavily right now as you're creating probably the best mag upgrade ever produced outside of AGD. The Logic Ripper E-M Ultimate Mag-Frame is going to be something else and we all owe you applause for it and all of the other great products and custom work you offer. Not only have you made awesome mag parts but you make things for a ton of other guns and it is all solid.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/richanderson929/Folks/0chris1.gif
Chris, (aka GADevil) the man behind the Devils Den and the Devil Mag. Here's my thanks for kicking some life back into the mag market with your devil mag frames and frankly KICKASS grips. We've all been hurting for an electro solution!

MadPSIence
08-19-2005, 02:28 PM
http://members.lycos.co.uk/richanderson929/Folks/0colin1.gif
Colin (aka. Nicad) the man here from Deadly Wind. Big props to you on some truly amazing and high quality work. You created the nicest mag body and rail ever. Dallara, and the Karta which I love. Not to mention the new CF Foregrips are lovely. You've also touched a lot more of the paintball market and managed to make the ION look good... which frankly Jesus would have trouble with.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/richanderson929/Folks/0kevin1.gif
Kevin, (aka ClassicMagger). Don't think I'd leave you out. This guy is a gun whore. Aside from that he's been my savior for getting mag stuff and building me custom mags. When I couldn't get the mag I wanted before, being in Canada, I almost gave up, but then Kevin appears out of nowhere and gives me a nice package.. we have a deal.. and it's done. It was my first mag... it was awesome. It's the reason I am now a mag-guy and am buying another from Kev right now. Not only is he an excellent business man, he's really helpful and has enough paintball tech knowledge to run every companies tech support. He has been super helpful to me in tracking down parts I want and is always behind his word in all dealings. I recommend to everyone here... if you want a mag, give this guy a shout.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/richanderson929/Folks/0luke1.gif
Luke, a fellow I only recently met. I'm throwing you in here because I see you all the time around here throwing down the knowledge. It's great having folks like you around here. Not to mention the custom work you offer is great to have.

Anyways, before I finish up here. A few shout outs.

Matt, from Fragtek Customs. Even though Fragtek is on hold right now I hope to see you back.

Lohman (what's yer name? :p ) You know you're stuff and contribute a lot to this community, your posts are always good to read and your help is awesome.

Anyone I might have missed, here's to you. If anyone else here wants to recognize someone, post up!

SummaryJudgement
08-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Great pics! I don't know what these guys look like in real life, but now I'll never picture them as anything else! :clap:

zackzel
08-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Definatly some good stuff there. I also give props to all the people mentioned above.

Chronobreak
08-19-2005, 03:10 PM
good post,..btw i did something almost exactly like this af ew months ago to pay respect to those you have mentioned

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172239

theres the link

:cheers:

gortman44
08-19-2005, 03:11 PM
this thread is awesome. ups to the creater, and the the ones being praised :shooting:

cdacda13
08-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Nothing to Jay (RRfireblade) for making the pnuemadtic mag.

MadPSIence
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Nothing to Jay (RRfireblade) for making the pnuemadtic mag.

he's the first person I mentioned after Tom and Marcia. :eek:

cdacda13
08-19-2005, 03:35 PM
he's the first person I mentioned after Tom and Marcia. :eek:
/slaps forhead
Just got back from football, still kinda blind. Sorry

Maggot6
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Robert is Tunamans real name I believe. Robert Scott? I wouldn't be surprised if that was someone competely different though..

dahoeb
08-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Robert is Tunamans real name I believe. Robert Scott? I wouldn't be surprised if that was someone competely different though..

i'm pretty sure that is correct, on the warpig website, they mention his name. (in the article about a "ule on a diet", that article was done partly because of tunaman and definately helps spread the gospel more)

by the way, this is an awesome thread and couldn't be more true. if it wasn't for those people, the mag would be as good as dead. i don't know if they realize the huge contribution that they give to this little community. i left mags for awhile and i probably wouldn't have came back if it wasn't for their outstanding products. maybe we should also send them a fruitbaskets or a thank you card or something....or we can just buy more of their stuff...

its the sense of comeraderie (sp) like this that make the mag community so great and thats why the mag hasn't gone the way of the dinosaur.

bunny5
08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Great pics! I don't know what these guys look like in real life, but now I'll never picture them as anything else! :clap:

qft :D

nirvana1234
08-19-2005, 09:33 PM
gj on the post but uve forgotten someone!

zak vetter :headbang:

hes shown wat the mag can really do!

Vwise
08-19-2005, 10:16 PM
ok, whos gona make a trailer using those chars!?!?!?!?!?

come on at least a music vid :p

/clap
You clap excitedly for everyone.

Soopa Villain17
08-19-2005, 10:35 PM
cant forget tuna

Apple_Pie
08-19-2005, 10:51 PM
^^He didnt. :rolleyes:

maglover728
08-20-2005, 02:20 AM
Cool pics and thanks for the effort but the guys and galls that should get the thanks in my opinion will for ever go unknown. I run mags only, and play rec ball only. If that rec ball takes me to the speed ball field so be it, but I play for fun and that alone. I am not on a team nor do I brag about my X-bps marker. I rely on quality and my skill to make the game and those people that do as I do will seldom receive notoriety nor praise. The look in the oppositions eyes when they realize that they were sent to the side lines with there intimidator by a fat guy caring an Automag is all the thanks I need.

nt2004
08-20-2005, 03:44 PM
(Jason, (aka RogueFactor) I think as far as custom hard-parts go you set the bar here. Bodies, rails, grips, triggers, feednecks, VA's, adapters etc etc etc. All of it... perfect quality and done right. Who the hell does your anno? Give them a medal. Thanks a ton for making kickass stuff for us and making it so well.

I thought his name was shawn?

onedude36
08-20-2005, 05:01 PM
What about me? :cry:

Just kidding