PDA

View Full Version : PMI Premiums Bad Batch run through?

joeyjoe367
12-04-2001, 12:48 AM
Hey all.

A while back a bunch of guys were havin' problems with PMI Premium paintballs being waaaay too brittle and breakin' in Mags.

I did a bounch test and they didn't do well at all either.

Soooo, the point of this post is to ask any of you guys if you've tried PMI's recently, and seen if the bad batchs have run through or not.

If you did bounce test, post results.

I'd like to go back to my fav. brand of paint, so Thanks for all informative posts in advance.

Thx!

Cliffio
12-04-2001, 12:51 AM
how long ago you talkin?
what color?
shell/fill?

cause i had some problems with red/yellow shell and yellow fill a while back

kilaueakid
12-04-2001, 01:02 AM
i just had 2 cases within the last week and unfortunately it is still a very brittle schell. I was doing the bounce test and the stuff was breaking on the 1st or 2nd drop. Color was aqua and had the advantage(dry) shell. It seems as though after a couple of days the shell just goes from bad to worse. Maybe it is too dry where I was storing it.
I was having really good luck with Diablo Blaze, than the field/store stopped carrying it.
kila

joeyjoe367
12-04-2001, 01:05 AM
Cliffy, I Didn't really specify a color or fill. It seems as if all PMI premiums got real brittle.

Anyway, people keep posting results. I'd like to know when I can go back to my favorite paint :(

joeyjoe367
12-04-2001, 01:06 AM
Oh yeah, and the most recent results would be great.

Oregon_pb_
12-04-2001, 03:53 AM
I had a bad bunch sent to me 2 weeks ago. It was completly dimpled.

However if i have to choose between PMI Prem and Diablo Blaze the Prem will win everytime.

Oregon_pb_
12-04-2001, 03:55 AM
Forgot to give the colors.

Purp/Yel: I am now convinced this color pretty much sucks and i won't order it again.

Red/Black: Seems to be ok just the white fill is tough to see on marked players. Had NP's with it though being bad.

Blue/Black: Bad 3 Cases, however this is the preferred color around here so i'll stick with it for now.

hitech
12-04-2001, 01:51 PM
I am using PMU advantage in Tom's humidity test. The bounce number were poor, but none of us had any breakage problems at the field (including a mini mag).

Bounce test numbers:

2, 4, 0, 0, 0, 7, 0, 0, 2, 6

It is Red/Yellow with yellow fill.

CFD323
12-04-2001, 03:16 PM
I thought this Advantage stuff was supposed to be a tougher shell so it wouldn't break in the guns as much. I used it last week (purple/white shell with white fill) and I broke a ton of paint in my Emag. It shot pretty well early on in the day but after about 2.5-3 hrs of playing the crap was breaking everytime I ripped off a string of like 10 or more. It's hard to play speedball when you're using the squeegee more than you're shooting. The temp was around 45-50 degrees so that shouldn't have made a difference. I think I'll go back to using Marb's. Also, my buddies shoot an automag and a spyder and they had the same problems. Is this poor quality due to it being a PMI product or what ?

krafty
12-04-2001, 04:13 PM
I had some really sucky orange/white white-fill PMI stuff over the past month or so. 2 bounce average on Tom's bounce test. As a matter of fact, some of that paint came from CC during the super tour. I was shredding balls and couldn't figure out why... Then I did the bounce test after I got home with about 30 balls I had left over and they were 2-3 bounce.

Restola
12-04-2001, 04:19 PM
i used pmi prems all summer. probably about 10 cases. never had a single problem whatsoever. i havent shot it in about a month though.

X-Plosive
12-04-2001, 04:27 PM
Actually that is all I shot on sunday. 2 cases of it, it shot flawlessly without a single break or chop. It always broke on people with one exception the second game. I was using blue/black shell, orange/blue shell, and red/yellow shell. It was perfect. I was using the superbolt and plastic nubbins on the retromag. It shot great on the mini as well. The mini had plastic nubbins and the extended nose SS bolt. It fits both the LAPCO bigshot and my DYE boomstick very well.

Gecko
12-04-2001, 04:36 PM
i have had nothing but trouble with the advantage shell. I tried some when it first came out and my excalibur was chopping/ breaking the stuff. At that point the ram pressure on my excal was about 60 psi and would still break it on ocassion. This past weekend a friend shooting a revenge v2 was chopping and getting tons of barrel breaks even using a freak with a huge insert. He switched to a different brand and the problem disapeared. I have had the best luck with my emag using blaze.
Gecko

Load SM5
12-04-2001, 06:03 PM
The first, last and only time I used advantage it blew horribly. Three of us were playing with it and all had problems. I walked out of the first rec game because I broke 8 out of the 10 balls I shot. we all took the paint back and were actually refunded. The we all got all-stars and had a great rest of the day. After that day, you could'nt pay me to play with advantage again.

Restola
12-04-2001, 06:06 PM
all-stars are the advantage shell too if im not mistaken

Gunga
12-04-2001, 06:27 PM
I used some purple/white (with white fill & advantage shell) PMI Premium a couple weekends ago. On Sat, they worked okay, though they blew up more than the Big Ball that I usually shoot. The next day, it was blowing up left and right. Though it was 5-10* colder on Sunday, so I assumed it was the cold temps (~40*) that made the shell brittle.

I was using a superbolt on both days. Unfortunately, I left my foamie bolt at home, so I couldn't switch bolts on Sunday when I was having all the problems.

Load SM5
12-04-2001, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Restola
all-stars are the advantage shell too if im not mistaken

Yep, they sure seemed to be. I can't explain it but they worked like a champ and the Advantage sucked.

Russ
12-04-2001, 07:06 PM
I used to use PMI premiums (hot pink) exclusively, that is 'till a few months ago when The hot pink started breaking like mad. Marbs and SlamBall have worked well for me. I tried some Polar Ice this past weekend, and it sucked!

Diablo Blaze has been working good for me, and if I want to go cheap, I get 32degrees Competition. It's really not all that bad for $40 a case.

MoserMan
12-04-2001, 07:15 PM
PMI is the worst paint I ever shot

I have a mag and a boomstick and I had to squegee the whole time playing
2 things to describe PMI Premiums:
Aggravating, waste of money

X-Plosive
12-04-2001, 07:46 PM
PMI is the best paint I have ever shot. I live in Miami though. All-star works well too but they swell for some reason.

Dave
12-04-2001, 07:50 PM
yes, PMI Premium was the paint I used for the bounce test-very very brittle and at times inconsistent. My sweet honey-of-a-superbolt loves shredding them...at times, like now, I can say that it was pretty funny:) although at the time it just didn't seem so.

-dave

Riot[Z-Grip]
12-04-2001, 07:56 PM
I have shot virtually nothing but PMI Premiums since August and have had no problems. I think maybe 2 chops and 0 barrel breaks out of 3-4 cases of the stuff. Last colors I had was Blue/Black with Blue fill. It worked great for me. Just adding info to the pool of knowledge....

-Pat

joeyjoe367
12-04-2001, 08:56 PM
I also played with a case of PMI Premiums in august. More recently (November) I played with some Hot-Pink and Blue/Orange --> orange and had lots of problems.

The weekend afterwards, I used Diablo Blaze with good results.

I'm thinking that somewhere around August or September, they either changed the formula for the Advantage shell (For PMI prems), or did something else to screw up the shells on 'em.

X-Plosive, How recently did you play with those Prems? Where did you get 'em from?

Also, I got my Premiums from www.paintballgear.com

Where did the rest of you get your paint?

X-Plosive
12-04-2001, 09:00 PM
I got mie form my local field and they always have the freshest paint. From the signs of it, the bad batch should all clear up soon.

CFD323
12-07-2001, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking about shooting that instead of the crappy Advantage stuff. Isn't Blaze medium bore ? How does it hold up in the gun ? (I'm sick of breakers in my gun !)

I used to shoot Marbs exclusively without any problems, but a couple weeks ago I went to my local PB shop to get some of the RP Advantage stuff and the guy gave me a bag of what looked like pink Marbs although he charged me the RP Advantage price for the stuff. I thought I just got a good deal on some Marbs but when I used them, they broke like crazy. Could these have been Marb 2nd's or maybe the Super Swirls everybody has been talking about ? They sure sucked !

I see the 32 degrees competition stuff is only $40/cs. I know somebody on here already said he uses them, but does anyone else use them ? Are they any good ? What size are they ? How about the 32 Degrees Team COlors ?

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-08-2001, 12:09 AM
hrrm i like premium golds, and warped sportz blaze...work great with my bigshot aluminum I SHOOT DARTS!