PDA

View Full Version : X valve venting

fifthmag
08-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone else out there has had this and can point me in the right direction.

I have a bog standard RT Pro (mechanically speaking) which was humming along just nicely until I took it out to play at a woods field a couple of weeks ago. I gassed up, and the valve started venting from the hole located on the left side of the valve half of the assembly. It would fire, but she ran like a dog.

Any suggestions guys?

Dayspring
08-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Lube the orings on the reg pin. If that doesn't work, replace it.

fifthmag
08-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Many thanks, I will. I have kept it pretty well lubed and would hope it doesn't need replacing as it is only a few months old, but I'll make double sure to lube it well.

Having gone through the LX tuning process, and installing a couple of ULT's it seems you just can't underestimate the importance of lubing these beauties.

Thanks again for your assistance, it is appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cow hunter
08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
my x valve had the same problem..... i have maybe 3 cases thru it and it just vented.....tried everything then ended up driving 3 hrs to destructive customs in upper mass. and sitting for an hour to have it fixed........ all it needed was the smallest carrier and sum shims removed.....just breaking a mag in takes about 7 cases and u may need to adjust the internals to fix sum venting