PDA

View Full Version : Valve problems

pointman
08-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Ok guys here's one to figure.I have a 68 classic with the Autoresponse trigger.When I fire four or five shots it will start shooting air down the barrel and the trigger will stick back at times.The O rings appear ok but I cannot see all of them mainly because I have never gone very deep by taking the valve all the way apart.A few fellow paintballers told me that my valve needs to be rebuilt.What do you guys think? And where do I send it ,and how much does it cost?Any help I will be very thankful for Doug

DrHoola
08-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Replace the o-ring in the o-ring carrier. Also try either streaching your mainspring or replacing it with one that provides more tention. Run lots of oil through the mag and grease the portion of the power tube that comes into contact with bolt with a very slick grease(motorcycle o-ring safe chain lube by BEL-RAY is excellent and lasts long) If all this doesn't work take that valve apart and inspect every o-ring, if you see ANY chips or wear on an o-ring, replace it! If that also didn't work try adding 1 or 2 shims to your on/off assembly. It's on the bottem of your valve, it's what the solenoid hits to make the mag fire. It should just slide out, then pull up on it and unscrew the 2 halves, now add a shim or 2 between these halves and screw and put it all back together. Now if all that didn't work you'll have to send it in to agd. All the information you'll need to send in your gun is on AGD's website.

- Good Luck(sounds Like you're gonna need it)

pointman
08-21-2005, 09:42 PM
DR.Hoola,I took out the on off valve and cleaned it as good as I can then reoiled it.Then I cleaned the rest of the valve and oiled it also.I then put it back together and tried it out.I can now rip them off like mad but it will still stick the trigger and it will still let air down the barrel but it will oly do it about one tenth of the time from before.The on off valve looked ok to me,but I'm really not sure what they are supposed to look like.There didn't seem to be any malformation to it.Do you think I should order a new Oring kit and maybe a new on off valve and main spring and be done with it? Thanks for all your help,Doug