PDA

View Full Version : Shocker Double Feeding...

Oregon_pb_
12-04-2001, 03:42 AM
I bought a Yel to Red Shocker off warpig about a month ago, the gun is in great shape and i got a good deal on it so i'm happy. Only 1 problem, it double feeds pretty constantly. I'll get maybe 30 shots off then it will double feed in the chamber and most the time will break paint. I have yet to make it through a game with out it double feeding and breaking paint in fact and i've used in it prolly 15 games.

I have a Freak Barrel with correct insert, its a vertical feed shocker. Someone was telling me they have ball detents for V shockers? Mine doesn't...

I've messed with the dip switches, there currently on the slowest shooting with bolt/fire options turned off. Although i tried about 5 other positions already and none seem to fix the problem. It will stop the bolt on the ball, so i shoot again and 2 balls will feed into the chamber.

Any Advice? I hate to send the gun off to Smart Parts cause they are nothing like AGD, I'll end up paying out my *** just to have them look at the gun, and they may not even fix it.

Yipe
12-04-2001, 12:06 PM
Oregon_pb,

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your Shocker dilemma, but I would like to ask where you are located in Oregon? I play up in the Portland area, usually at Weekend Warriors, but occasionally at Splat Action as well. There are a few AO'ers who are on my team, Trigger Happy, and we are always looking for other fellow Mag owners to practice with... and against :)

Sorry for hijacking your post, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming - Shocking Maintenance of the Shocker.

Sincerely,

Matt

Magsrule3
12-04-2001, 02:16 PM
My friend just got a 2001 Shocker w/ standard feed and his has a ball detent. Im pretty sure it would need a ball detent or a new one. I beleive you can get delrin ones too. I dont know why a vert. feed shocker wouldnt have one.

Failure
12-04-2001, 04:41 PM
are there nubbins on shocker barrels? If so then replace it.

MAGalomania
12-04-2001, 05:49 PM
I own a shocker...the mag is my lil bro's

I bought a standard feed, so that I could add the powerfeed, but a friend of mine is having the exact same dilema. I think if you turn down your rate of fire then you shouldn't have this problem. You really need to check your ball detents...they have two (one on each side) unscrew them check em. Remember to use loc-tite when you put them back in and screw them in as far as the gun will allow so that they work. If you still have problems then have your timing checked. For info on timing and rate of fire go to www.smartparts.com click support, then click shocker. You should see the topic "L/S Board Timing" this will explain how to time your gun *NOTE* Your board may not look exactly like this. Your switch is on the side of the gun and it is only an on/off switch. This picture is the select fire L/S board. Other than the select fire...your board is the same thing.

MAGalomania
12-04-2001, 05:50 PM
forgot to add this....

Mags are the ONLY guns with nubbins!!!!

MAGalomania
12-04-2001, 07:35 PM
yeah...you must have the TWO ball detents on the gun in order for it to work. Yes, if you send your gun to smart parts they will fix it. They replaced the ****ty delrin bolt on mine with an aluminum one, they replaced the battery, and re-timed the gun for me. Oh yeah...if you have two holes on either side of the gun below the vert. feed then you ARE missing the ball detents. check the pic the ball detent on it is black...there will be one on each side

Oregon_pb_
12-04-2001, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone for the reply's. I looked on my gun again and there are no holes/ball detents. I'll call Smart parts tommorow and see if they'll install some detents for me.

Also, Matt, We have a large group of players that play in Roseburg. We try and hit all the Big Games/Tournaments in oregon. We were at the last 2 big games at Splat Action.