PDA

View Full Version : Automag Retro Valve Problems

SlipoftheKnife
08-21-2005, 12:12 PM
I know I know this question comes up all the time but hey, I need help. I bought a used Retro Pro valve off Ebay and bought a parts kit and replaced all the orings. I'm using a Minimag body with a Benchmark double trigger frame. When I air it up I can shoot one shot at a time alright but when I start shooting rapidly it burps and drops hella crazy. I'm running a preset Crossfire tank with the red valve and LVLX. I was noticing on airgun.com that there is an RT sear with a large hole and bushing. Will I need one of those to get it to work, I'm using a Minimag sear right now. It seems like it's not recharging fast enough, maybe something to do with the on/off? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time

~JoE~

:shooting:

scrumpy
08-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Allow me to be the first to say welcome to Automags.org. It think you'll like it here.

To answer the sear question: If you have a Automag/Minimag rail you can use the automag/minimag sear but if you have an emag rail, rt pro rail etc you will have to use one of those sears. I'm pretty sure you couldn't use one in the other and not know they didn't work together.
I can't think of something that would be causing your problem. Run a search here on AO and I'm sure there will be some problems similar to yours.
Other than that:
1) Is your tank screwed in all the way?
2) What kind of line are you using to connect your ASA to your Valve?
3) If you have an on/off ASA is it completely open?
4) Check into the color coding on your HPA, if yours is LP (low pressure) then it isn't going to be the right tool for the job.
EDIT: Come to think of it I might be able to help more specifically. Your problem may be the carrier size on your level 10. Your problem may be related to having a carrier that is too tight. Check into the LEVEL 10 troubleshooting threads.