PDA

View Full Version : Slow Flatline Recharge Problem

jenarelJAM
08-21-2005, 08:08 PM
gear:
emag 3.2
flatline tank 45/45
qloader

Hey, a couple weeks ago, i went to the field, and was breaking every few balls. I tried to figure out what was wrong, and incorrectly assumed that the cause was the battery not being fully charged(becuase it wasnt). I played the rest of the day fine in mech mode and assumed i had fixed the problem.

Last night i charged my batery for several hours to a full(or almost) charge. I played today, and had the same problem. I first noticed that it was chuffing, sending the ball into the barrel, and then when i shot a second ball, it would collide with the first, and break both. this would only happen when shooting fast.

next i switched to the small xvalve spring, which helped the problem for awhile, then it came back. I noticed while messing around with the velocity and input pressure that the flatline was recharging slowly, and during high rates of fire, it would only be around 550 psi when the next ball was shot, and so would chuff.

I'm thinking the reg might just be clogged, but I have no idea how to clean it, and with something as important as a 4500 psi tnak, i dont want to take chances. Thanks.

zackzel
08-21-2005, 08:11 PM
gear:
emag 3.2
flatline tank 45/45
qloader

Hey, a couple weeks ago, i went to the field, and was breaking every few balls. I tried to figure out what was wrong, and incorrectly assumed that the cause was the battery not being fully charged(becuase it wasnt). I played the rest of the day fine in mech mode and assumed i had fixed the problem.

Last night i charged my batery for several hours to a full(or almost) charge. I played today, and had the same problem. I first noticed that it was chuffing, sending the ball into the barrel, and then when i shot a second ball, it would collide with the first, and break both. this would only happen when shooting fast.

next i switched to the small xvalve spring, which helped the problem for awhile, then it came back. I noticed while messing around with the velocity and input pressure that the flatline was recharging slowly, and during high rates of fire, it would only be around 550 psi when the next ball was shot, and so would chuff.

I'm thinking the reg might just be clogged, but I have no idea how to clean it, and with something as important as a 4500 psi tnak, i dont want to take chances. Thanks.

If you don't want to take chances with it I would say shoot Tunaman an E-mail I'm sure he can have it good as new for you.

jenarelJAM
08-21-2005, 10:17 PM
i figured thats the old standby. tuna sold it to me so i would be surprised if he couldnt fix it. I just dont want to bother him if i dont need to. also, skipping the $20 or so round trip shipping is preferable. I'm thinking about calling agd tech support also, tomorrow is the last day for me before school starts(therefore unable to call during business hours) so yeah... thanks

Dayspring
08-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Change the reg seat. There's a flatline maintenance thread here in Tech for it.

atm743
08-21-2005, 10:48 PM
ya i just got my tank back from roman thursday and used it today and shoot and racharged fine

and at the end of the day the hp guage that shows the presure in tank stuck and now its recharging slow and it also sounds weired.

soo now i got to call roman back tomorrow and see what he can do. now i wont have a tank to use :C

latches109
08-21-2005, 11:37 PM
the emag needs about 600psi to shoot fast; tank doesn't matter(kinda). I have the chuffing problem when i shoot quickly too, blelow 600 and I know my flatline is in perfect shape.

If the tank works fine at 1000psi and above, you know the reg. and xvalve are doing thier job. at the lower psi. air rushes in slower, and needs a longer period of time to fill the valve. :)

atm743
08-22-2005, 12:13 AM
the emag needs about 600psi to shoot fast; tank doesn't matter(kinda). I have the chuffing problem when i shoot quickly too, blelow 600 and I know my flatline is in perfect shape.

If the tank works fine at 1000psi and above, you know the reg. and xvalve are doing thier job. at the lower psi. air rushes in slower, and needs a longer period of time to fill the valve. :)

the emag can shoot at 600 but for rapid fire you should have it at 800 at least.

thats y it cuffs.

the rt valves need at least 600 to shoot but needs 800 for fast shooting.

jenarelJAM
08-22-2005, 01:24 PM
for the record, my tank started around 700 psi, and when i noticed the problem, i ran it up to around 950 psi, and it helped, but didnt entirely fix the problem. i was still busting balls al day, just less frequently. the tank pressure guage works fine, but the output pressure guage is very noticibly slow. when i first used the tank, you just saw a blur while the needle went down and came up again real fast. now it goes down real fast, and you watch it recharge slowly... I was thinking about that flatline reg seat thread when i had this problem, but if i remember correctly, it damages something when you do it and you need to get that piece replaced... i dont remember anything specific, and this might be another thread altogether... now im rambling... thanks for the help.