PDA

View Full Version : power tube has unscrewed from air chamber

ring
12-04-2001, 07:48 AM
I just bought a automag RT and noticed a leak down the barrel after about fifty shots. I took the gun apart and found that the power tube had come loose from the air chamber. I need to know what size O-ring it takes. What is the different between a rt bolt bumper and a standard mag bumper.

Russ
12-04-2001, 11:07 AM
Your gonna have to send 'er in to AGD. The power tube is supposed to be welded onto the air chamber, and will have to be re-welded. I had a MicroE-Mag that this happened to.

Call the AGD office and ask them for an RA # (return authorization), and register your gun with them if you already haven't done so. While they have the gun, they'll go through it and make sure everthing is 100%

A Temporary fix would be to use red loc-tite on the threads.

The RT bolt bumper is a clear material, and is softer than the standard Mag's blue bumper.

Good Luck :)

Ityl
12-04-2001, 02:13 PM
I loctited mine and let it dry for a couple days before airing it up. No problems since.

BlackVCG
12-04-2001, 03:37 PM
Please send it to AGD. If you're not sure of what you're doing you can loctite it in place and have it too far out, causing sear to bolt alignment issues and change the sealing point of the PT o-ring. In other words, there's a chance if you don't do it right, it will severly mess with the operation of the gun. Send it to AGD and it will be fixed the way it should.