PDA

View Full Version : Huge Hypermag Problems

patrice
08-22-2005, 12:11 AM
The gun in question is a hyperframed minimag with lvl 7 bolt with a minimag valve and NO ult. try your best to help me

well a couple of days ago i bought a used hyperframed minimag. i got it for a steal of a deal and was pretty impressed at first. i took it out today to try it for the first time and it worked for the first few shots and then the bolt stuck forward a bit and it started leaking like mad.

After a bit of research i found that this can be due to several reasons
1.that the powertube spacer is too short
-in my case the longest spacer was already installed. also it was missing the oring behing the powertube spacer and so i replaced it and am now thinking that would lengthen the whole assembly and maybe that i need a shorter one but it doesnt leak right now.
2. That the marker is not oiled
-i oiled it very good after i read that and still nothing
3.That the spring is too long
-the shortest spring is already installed

So after fumbling around with that and figuring out how all that worked i thought maybe my problem was solved... I was wrong
Now when i gas it up it gasses up beautifully and "cocks" and doesnt leak at all, but when i turn my hyperframe on and try to shoot the solenoid seems as if it cant push the sear enough. when i realized this i tried helping the sear by upping the power going to it and when that didnt work i tried even just pushing the sear with a allen key like a trigger rod would and the marker would not cycle

now the pin in my on/off assembly has started to mushroom and i read that that could be a cause off the marker not cycling after it has been aired up but im not sure where to get a diff one or if that would be a problem

Lastly i believe there should be a rectanguler seal or bushing that should go aroung the rectagnular outpiece on the body and go into the rectangular hole in the rail. Could the fact i dont have this seal have anything to do with it.

Well thanks for your help and for reading through this. I really want to get this mag going because for the few shots it took it shot beautifully. also my team views it as a joke. I bought it to be a project marker and now i feel obligated to show them that mags are still sweet. well thanks for you help and this will also be posted on pbnation for their help as well

Arstron
08-22-2005, 07:23 AM
You should go ahead and try a smaller spacer and see how it works, it cant hurt nothing to try it. As for the new on/off pin, im assuming that the hyperframe uses the stock on/off assymbely and not their own, if im wrong somone please correct me. My memory is getting bad and I cant rember much anymore. You can get the on/off pin right here (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=24&categoryID=18) or you can get the entire assembly (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=202&categoryID=18). Also here is the hyperframe manual.

http://www.centerflagproducts.com/diagrams/HyperFrame%20Manual.pdf

BigEvil
08-22-2005, 09:57 AM
If the on/off pin is mushrooming, replace it and go from there. BTW, I put a ULT in a classic valve for a Spydermag conversion and it seems to work ok. It may be something to consider trying.

Big'n slo
08-22-2005, 10:06 AM
The easiest way I've found to diagnose a hyperframed mag is to use a standard mech frame to get the marker working. Once you've got the mechanical side functioning swap the hyperframe on and play with the settings.

And if you haven't seen hitechs FAQ = http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79328&highlight=hyperframe

patrice
08-22-2005, 10:51 AM
no hyperframes have their own on/off. ill try it with the stock one. and i dont have a mech frame to try it with. i got it with the hyperframe. does anyone know if you can use the stock on/off in a hyperframed application. well ill found out.

patrice
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
well i tried the stock on/off and that didnt work. then i put in a shorter powertube spacer and it shot a few times but the battery connector in it is a pile and sometimes disconnects. so im going to get a new battery connector today but it seems like maybe its fixed. wierd.

patrice
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
yeah its running great now. wow this is a fun gun