PDA

View Full Version : Jack Jones Jeans...

-=Squid=-
08-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, I bought a couple pairs of these over in Europe, and they are the most assaulting pants I've ever purchased... Only problem is that I can't find a place back in the states, ANYWHERE, where I can buy them.

Anyone know where to look? Or some other good jean companies? I need some pants...

thecavemankevin
08-22-2005, 11:43 AM
assaulting? huh? do you mean they kick your ***?

as for where to find them, sorry

ebay?

-=Squid=-
08-22-2005, 11:44 AM
assaulting? huh? do you mean they kick your ***?

as for where to find them, sorry

ebay?
You can't trust ebay when buying expensive clothing.

And yes, the pants are amazing. Proving once again, you really do get what you pay for.

Eluxury.com has some nice authentic denim, but none of those really strike my fancy.

MarkM
08-22-2005, 12:25 PM
You can't trust ebay when buying expensive clothing.

Well I don't think you have any choice http://search.ebay.co.uk/jones-jack_W0QQfkrZ1QQfnuZ1QQfromZR8 since I have never heard of this brand, so if you paid good money for them they saw you coming. It looks they are are one of the rash of new so called "designer" brands. Somewhat like Joe Bloggs, these exist and are ok'ish but they were made by a guy in the midlands of the UK who called his new company Joe Bloggs as a dig against high price real designers, the weird thing is now, the products he makes are mid to high priced items but to begin with they were only sold to street market traders.

Then again maybe they are real as in designed??? you could always try this http://www.jackjones.com/

Personally I think they are just an existing company that has rebranded in some way.

Lohman446
08-22-2005, 12:34 PM
The ultimate marketing target: A kid with more money than he knows what to do with and some idiotic beleif that designer labels make things "better" and not the materials and workmanship involved. This says "insert designer label here / DYE" it must be better.

-=Squid=-
08-22-2005, 02:32 PM
The ultimate marketing target: A kid with more money than he knows what to do with and some idiotic beleif that designer labels make things "better" and not the materials and workmanship involved. This says "insert designer label here / DYE" it must be better.
You are a total moron.

If you honestly think that you can buy a pair of $40 jeans that will be as good as a pair of $200 dollar Jack Jones/Diesel/whatever... You are a an idiot.

Considering you obviously have not tried on a nice pair of jeans, you simply do not know. These jeans, as well as some other 'designer' jeans I own are infinitely more comfortable, durable, and better looking. Same goes for the other 'designer' items I own. These labels don't exactly use cheap materials to make their product...

And for the record, it will be a cold day in hell before you see me wearing Dye apparel.

Now, go buy some clothes from Wal-Mart, and leave me be.

MarkM - Thanks for the advice. While I was visiting Germany I was just leaving a music store and noticed this Jack Jones place. Walked in, and I really liked the pants they had there... Paid about 200 dollars for them, and they are worth every penny. I have no idea how long they have been around, but they aren't exactly made cheaply. I tried their website, and I couldn't find anything but a huge list of physical stores (nothing online) in Europe where you can buy them.

And I gotta say, you're right about the 'designer label' epidemic. I try to watch where I put my money, as far as clothing goes.

I might just be out of luck, but there is no way I'm going to Ebay,

(And before anyone makes assumptions, mommy and daddy don't hand me wads of cash to buy the things I hav, because I can so see that one coming)

Automaggot68
08-22-2005, 02:47 PM

Like you have room to talk?
You own a DEVIL MAG.

Lohman446
08-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Like you have room to talk?
You owned a DEVIL MAG.

Read my thread in regards to a Devil mag. Did I ever say it was better in function than anything it was comparable to?

I have no problems with labels. "I purchased this to have something others did not, not because it was better, but because of my own arrogance, etc.". Good, you admit why you made the purchase. I have a problem with labels "this is better because it cost more and is exclusive". Things can be better and have a higher price, but price and quality are not tied hand in hand, especially in regards to designer clothing.

Lohman446
08-22-2005, 02:59 PM
You are a total moron.

Wait a minute.. you pay $200 for a pair of jeans and I'm the moron?

-=Squid=-
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Wait a minute.. you pay $200 for a pair of jeans and I'm the moron?
Yes.

Brilliant rebuttle, by the way.

And, just out of curiosity, tell me what I SHOULD have spent my money on. Tell me, oh brilliant one, what things do I NOT have that I SHOULD have bought instead?

Think of something, and I will shut up. Why? Because you won't think of a damn thing.

Automaggot68
08-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Read my thread in regards to a Devil mag. Did I ever say it was better in function than anything it was comparable to?

I have no problems with labels. "I purchased this to have something others did not, not because it was better, but because of my own arrogance, etc.". Good, you admit why you made the purchase. I have a problem with labels "this is better because it cost more and is exclusive". Things can be better and have a higher price, but price and quality are not tied hand in hand, especially in regards to designer clothing.

I'm just busting your chops, bro.

CANT YOU SEE THAT IM FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU?

Kai
08-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Now, go buy some clothes from Wal-Mart, and leave me be.

OH SNAP

I can't justify spending anything over a hundred on a pair of jeans, but that's because I can't afford to.

I'm pretty fond of Levis' line of high-end jeans. And also, their 527's are all kinds of cheap, but they're really well made and fitted.

Automaggot68
08-22-2005, 04:09 PM
OH SNAP

I can't justify spending anything over a hundred on a pair of jeans, but that's because I can't afford to.

I'm pretty fond of Levis' line of high-end jeans. And also, their 527's are all kinds of cheap, but they're really well made and fitted.

Hey Kai, whats up?

SCpoloRicker
08-22-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm just busting your chops, bro.

CANT YOU SEE THAT IM FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU?

Oh, sweet, sweet Lohman... :)

MarkM
08-22-2005, 04:34 PM
I own other brands of jeans but tend to only buy Levi 501's.
The Levi's I really want to get are the old style Silver Tabs, the newer version is both a different cut and denim plus only available in the states but travel for me kind of evens it out so I can wait.

Diesel and the like are extremely overpriced...I consider anything over $100 clothing wise expensive, this includes paintball gear too ;)

We have TK Max in the UK (I believe they are a German? company) they sell past season clothing from Europe and the US but most of it is either really wierd looking or good enough that even though it is old style (season wise) since it isn't available in the UK normally no one will know the difference.

Stupidest thing I ever saw was on my first trip to the US and my buddies were buying Calvin Klein Jeans in black but they were sort of a "waxed" look, they worked out the same price you could buy in the UK if you knew where to look but since a lot of fakes were going around at that time to wear a pair CK jeans that looked totally different to the one's you could buy in the stores would make people shout FAKE!!, even if you yourself knew they weren't.

The "distressed" look for jeans has only really been in the states for the last 3 years but we have had it for nearly 6 years to the result that you can buy jeans that have the look many americans want but a fraction of the cost $35 max unless you want to go silly with some new designer (:rolleyes: see previous post) and pay about $150

-=Squid=-
08-22-2005, 06:49 PM
OH SNAP

For the price, Levi's does have some pretty comfy jeans.

They tend to tear up easily though.

And really, I don't think Jack Jones would really be considered a 'designer label.' All they really make are casual wear... Jeans, some pants, shirts, etc. But still, I can't stress it enough, I've bought a lot of different types of clothing, and these are hands down the best jeans I've ever bought. I... must... have ... more.

wad04
08-22-2005, 07:33 PM
i think squid is a meany.

-=Squid=-
08-22-2005, 07:37 PM
i think squid is a meany.
Only to everyone I hate.

I punched a stranger in the face three times at the mall yesterday. True story.

Why don't we have dodgy?

quik
08-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Wow you paid 200 bones for pants?

Man I wish I could do that.

-=Squid=-
08-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow you paid 200 bones for pants?

Man I wish I could do that.
Meh, it's not too bad.

Now for the love of God... Someone has to know where I might be able to find these?

bofh
08-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Someone has to know where I might be able to find these?

I hear that they have some retail stores in Germany.

-=Squid=-
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
I hear that they have some retail stores in Germany.
Absolutely brilliant.

kosmo
08-22-2005, 11:48 PM
And, just out of curiosity, tell me what I SHOULD have spent my money on. Tell me, oh brilliant one, what things do I NOT have that I SHOULD have bought instead?

Think of something, and I will shut up. Why? Because you won't think of a damn thing.

A monkey and some beer. There, now you have to shut up :cheers:

VC8228
08-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Whatever works for you. Just picked up some jeans the other day...... $10 from Steve and Barry's. Cheap as hell, and they're not bad at all.

quik
08-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Whatever works for you. Just picked up some jeans the other day...... $10 from Steve and Barry's. Cheap as hell, and they're not bad at all.

ACtually they do. I used to have 4 pairs and I skated in them. when I fell they ripped. It sucked.

But hell 10$ is cheap so who cares.

Cameo
08-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Skyped my brother who is in Germeany on TDY... said that it sounds familiar... Maybe you should try a military friend that you might have.. also any students that are studing abroud..
On the other hand. if you are not worried aobut the cost of the jeqans why not dial up one of the retail stores and have them shipped, you already know the size /style you need...
jackjones.com does have the listings...
~steph
btw, love the dark denium/rivets... very nice.

-=Squid=-
08-23-2005, 09:51 AM
I tried pretty much all of that... I really am just looking for an online store to just order, which I don't think is going to happen.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

mobsterboy
08-23-2005, 05:51 PM
I thought "designer" and "jeans" were complete antonyms :confused:

Really though, i mean with todays "designs" and "fashions", they sell jeans that are faded and have rips and holes for more than the regular jeans. Hell, if the ones that are faded, dirty, have rips and holes in them are worth 40-60 bucks, I gotta be sittin on a jackpot at my house! :D :Shamelessly rips off the Larry the Cable Guy Crotchless Underpanties skit:

bofh
08-23-2005, 06:06 PM
$200 for a little extra comfort and durability?

A little? oh no, my friend, he stated Infinitely more comfortable and durable.

I, for one, would spend 200 dollars in a heartbeat, on anything infinitely more comfortable.

And then, having found the Infinitely(tm) comfortable pants, I would proclaim the world at large that I can afford such luxurious trousers, by slyly asking were I could buy more of these pants beyond reproach. By not having retail outlets in the new world, I can rest assured that most of the plebes would not be able to compare "Comfort Infinite" (tm) to normal brands. I will be able to sleep easy knowing that my *** is covered by cool denim fashion with an international attitude.

My lack of hurbris, coupled with my disdain for using the english lanuage is ways that other people can understand, will enable me to complete my plans to become a industry mogul and come back to spit on you, "The Little People (tm)"

In no way, should I ever think that these jeans of the gods, are actually made in India or China, for pennies, out of normal denim.

I mean, these things are infinitely comfortable.

CaptaiN_JacK
08-23-2005, 07:40 PM

I, for one, would spend 200 dollars in a heartbeat, on anything infinitely more comfortable.

And then, having found the Infinitely(tm) comfortable pants, I would proclaim the world at large that I can afford such luxurious trousers, by slyly asking were I could buy more of these pants beyond reproach. By not having retail outlets in the new world, I can rest assured that most of the plebes would not be able to compare "Comfort Infinite" (tm) to normal brands. I will be able to sleep easy knowing that my *** is covered by cool denim fashion with an international attitude.

My lack of hurbris, coupled with my disdain for using the english lanuage is ways that other people can understand, will enable me to complete my plans to become a industry mogul and come back to spit on you, "The Little People (tm)"

In no way, should I ever think that these jeans of the gods, are actually made in India or China, for pennies, out of normal denim.

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

-=Squid=-
08-23-2005, 08:07 PM

I mean, these things are infinitely comfortable.Ok... Good job at making yourself look like an idiot in front of, well, pretty much anyone who already knows that half the crap you said is wrong?

For one, no, I will NOT pay good money for clothing if it has been made in China, or some other place where they spit crap out as fast as they can, without backing up their quality. Yes, if I am going to pay more than 100 bucks for a pair of jeans, I check out where it is made.

If your brilliant mind, which can barely string togethor a complete sentence with every word spelled correctly (I assume you had to use a thesaurus, as well, considering half of them didn't even make sense), read the first post, I said nothing of cost, nothing of class... Nothing even remotely like that. I just wanted to know if someone knew the name. Anything beyond that was simply a response to something somebody else said.

Every cent I spend on clothing comes directly out of, you guessed it, my paycheck. Yes, currently I work in one of my Dad's factories... However, I am getting no additional pay because of this. I work hard, harder than most there, and I know what I'm doing. So, nice try at taking a stab at the fact that I can afford to buy the things I want to buy. I'd love to see where all your cash goes...

Nice try at taking a stab at the fact that I am fluent in English. Here's a hint; it doesn't take me any extra time to type out a sentence with propper spelling, grammar, AND punctuation. Oh, 'lack' of hubris? ... Uhh, that made a lot of sense in the context you attempted to use it.

On top of all this, your retarded reference to the type of denim didn't make much sense either, considering that there are different grades, as well as treatment methods for the cloth.

Now, does anyone have a clue where I could buy these jeans?

rkjunior303
08-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Honestly..

I've owned Diesel, cK, DKNY, French Connection and the best jeans I've ever worn..

GAP.

I'm serious.

Maybe it's me but they are the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn.. Not to mention, they are only around 50 bucks a pair.. They aren't exactly 'designer' but I am happy with them.

-=Squid=-
08-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Honestly..

I've owned Diesel, cK, DKNY, French Connection and the best jeans I've ever worn..

GAP.

I'm serious.

Maybe it's me but they are the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn.. Not to mention, they are only around 50 bucks a pair.. They aren't exactly 'designer' but I am happy with them.Well, I don't ONLY buy 200 dollar jeans... I own several pairs, but most of my jeans are comprised of about 60-70 dollar Abercrombie Jeans. Nice pants, not too expensive.

1stdeadeye
08-23-2005, 08:34 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

Or is a reactionary not allowed to laugh at your wit? :eek: :wow:

AO Moderation Team
08-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Squid gets 10 days off for flaming.

Edit: Squid just came off of a ban. A few days is showing little impact. Increased to one month for repeat offenses.

bofh
08-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Just in case the banned can read the forums.

For one, no, I will NOT pay good money for clothing if it has been made in China, or some other place where they spit crap out as fast as they can, without backing up their quality. Yes, if I am going to pay more than 100 bucks for a pair of jeans, I check out where it is made.

As I said, they are made in China or India, as there are no Jack & Jones factories; they exist only as a brand, and farm out the production to Chinese or Indian factories.

Do you even know anything about the Jack & Jones brand? The rest of your retort is just as uninformed.

bofh
08-23-2005, 11:19 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Or is a reactionary not allowed to laugh at your wit? :eek: :wow:

Just because I called you those mean names, doesn't mean I don't like you. If that was the case, I'd never talk to my family :0

Lohman446
08-24-2005, 07:20 AM

:hail:

billybob_81067
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Squid gets 10 days off for flaming.

Edit: Squid just came off of a ban. A few days is showing little impact. Increased to one month for repeat offenses.

:clap: :hail: And you my friends are MY heroes!!! :D

Oh and Squid, I could probably wear a hole in your godly jeans in a week... :tard:

SCpoloRicker
08-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Beware of The Grand Master Plan of Dommination *

* All Rights Reserved. Patent(s) pending, as persuant U.S. Patent Office liscence 54684372B. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and Squid shall belittle your posts in Friendly Corner.

jdev
08-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Well, I don't ONLY buy 200 dollar jeans... I own several pairs, but most of my jeans are comprised of about 60-70 dollar Abercrombie Jeans. Nice pants, not too expensive.

you wouldn't be talking about the pre-ripped, pre-stained, I look like I do hard work for a living but I get away with just buying my status at a retail store look would you?

I walked by Abercrombie the other day at the local mall, I absolutely loathe that place. The blaring techno music from some outplayed artist is just atrocious. Lets not get into the employees that work there that are holier than thou. Its bad enough to make honorable mention to the dickheads that shop there. God forbid you buy a pair of jeans at a regular store like Kohls or the like. I have bought a pair of jeans there a while back and they lasted me 2 years before the things ripped. Hell, I still wear them. Its cool to have a gaping rip in your crotch area right? Its the new fashion no? If you are looking for something along the lines of comfort and durability, check out carhartt. Hell, you can even check out Dickies. They are reasonably priced and are great jeans.

I would say I am sorry this has gotten so off topic, but, I am not. I just cannot see that someone spends $200 on a pair of jeans. Regardless of who's name is on them.

1stdeadeye
08-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Just because I called you those mean names, doesn't mean I don't like you. If that was the case, I'd never talk to my family :0

:clap: :headbang:

Alley
08-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Well, I bought a couple pairs of these over in Europe, and they are the most assaulting pants

Ok, this is totally off topic. But, I really have to ask. I mean I know that I'm almost 30, so, Im very sure that I'm way out of touch with speaking as in cool terms. I still have valley girl issues now and then. But, when did assaulting become a good thing? I understand that bad often means good....and such things as that. but, that seems like a very strange word to have a positive meaning. At first reading I thought they were terrible pants, not the thing to have... I'm really begining to feel out of touch. :cry:

Thordic
08-24-2005, 08:45 PM
When he said assaulting pants, I thought he meant they pinched him in the balls.

I think people just like making up new stupid meanings for words.

bofh
08-24-2005, 08:51 PM
When he said assaulting pants, I thought he meant they pinched him in the balls.
Hmm, that's an odd definition of comfortable.

Lohman446
08-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Hmm, that's an odd definition of comfortable.

Infinetly comfortable :eek: and $200 to do what :confused: I suppose its cheaper than a trip to the red light district if your into that type of thing

Alley
08-24-2005, 09:08 PM

I think people just like making up new stupid meanings for words.

Hmmm, now that you mention it maybe that is EXACTLY what he meant... and he might by all rights and means enjoy that as comfortable eh? :tard:

Cameo
08-24-2005, 09:18 PM
American Eagle and Old Navy here, they are the only ones that make them long enough for me... I am having to lean more twards the Old Navy right now just because I gained to much weight and American ealge doesn't make fat girl jeans... Good when you are a size 10, not so good when you are a size 16..

Which brings me to... Anyone willing to be my work out buddy? kids are going back to school and riding the tri cycle and swimming in the kiddy pool are not very fun by yourslef.. :dance:

Muzikman
08-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Someone is in for a rude awakening when they actually have to start paying their own bills.

$200 jeans? Are you NUTS!?!?!?!?!?!?

Lohman446
08-24-2005, 09:56 PM
If your brilliant mind, which can barely string togethor a complete sentence with every word spelled correctly

Ohh the irony

wimag
08-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Nice try at taking a stab at the fact that I am fluent in English. Here's a hint; it doesn't take me any extra time to type out a sentence with propper spelling, grammar, AND punctuation.

propper ?

billybob_81067
08-25-2005, 02:17 PM
I bet Squid wished he never made this thread... cause he got PWNED!!!

And yes Squid, I still dislike you for ruining my helpless animal killing thread... :)

Lohman446
08-25-2005, 02:19 PM

And yes Squid, I still dislike you for ruining my helpless animal killing thread... :)

And the greatest part, now thats he's banned, he cannot simply delete it.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-25-2005, 02:31 PM
$200 for a pair of jeans. Wow, I am speechless. I used to think people spending $80 for those pre-ripped things was bad. I can go to Kohl's and get some great jeans for all of $25.

Automaggot68
08-25-2005, 06:42 PM

...He got owned when?

Automaggot68
08-25-2005, 06:43 PM
This is all I've been reading.

"I am poor. Squid is not. Screw him and his nice pants"

Lohman446
08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
This is all I've been reading.

"I am poor. Squid is not. Screw him and his nice pants"

Not at all. I know plenty of people who make 100K+ incomes that would not dream of spending $200 on a pair of jeans. What your are reading is Squid is not the brightest bulb in the box for buying $200 jeans - in my opinion. However, if he wants to and can, I really don't care. Its a style thing, a prestige thing and its a great thing to do if you want to. I just don't respect the idea that they are better - infinetly more comfortable and durable for instance. They are not better persey, they are more prestigous. I don't care what I make, I'm not spending $200 on a pair of jeans.

Kai
08-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok, this is totally off topic. But, I really have to ask. I mean I know that I'm almost 30, so, Im very sure that I'm way out of touch with speaking as in cool terms. I still have valley girl issues now and then. But, when did assaulting become a good thing? I understand that bad often means good....and such things as that. but, that seems like a very strange word to have a positive meaning. At first reading I thought they were terrible pants, not the thing to have... I'm really begining to feel out of touch. :cry:

I'm young and hip, and I can assure you that noone actually uses the term 'assaulting'.

Automaggot68
08-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Not at all. I know plenty of people who make 100K+ incomes that would not dream of spending $200 on a pair of jeans. What your are reading is Squid is not the brightest bulb in the box for buying $200 jeans - in my opinion. However, if he wants to and can, I really don't care. Its a style thing, a prestige thing and its a great thing to do if you want to. I just don't respect the idea that they are better - infinetly more comfortable and durable for instance. They are not better persey, they are more prestigous. I don't care what I make, I'm not spending $200 on a pair of jeans.

Just tryin' to lighten the thread up, brother.
Any news on the break-in?

Lohman446
08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Just tryin' to lighten the thread up, brother.
Any news on the break-in?

Yeh - my house now has a central security system - other than that, not a thing

dyeguy65
08-25-2005, 09:46 PM
ok...so you fork out 150 dollars for comfort?

just buy some damn sweat pants...

Thordic
08-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Kai is pretty hip, I have to admit. I'd ask him about trendyness before I"d ask Squid.

( I'd also look for Kai if I needed my crotch assaulted, but thats neither here nor there.)