PDA

View Full Version : Here Is A CRRRRRRAAAZY Idea

IAMJaws
12-04-2001, 10:11 AM
I've seen this done to an autococker so maybe this could be done to a 'mag:
Put a tippman flatline on it .
I think it would look cool, and probably work pretty good.
give me some input,
THX
IAM

Xzion
12-04-2001, 10:59 AM
Have you tried using the search function?? This question has been asked several times already.... :D

Load SM5
12-04-2001, 12:38 PM
They already have a backspin product for the mag. It's the Z-Body and it worked pretty well when I shot one. And they are a lot less ugly than the aluminum banana.

MikeCouves
12-04-2001, 02:28 PM
Haha the aluminum banana!! HAHAHAHA. Yeah I must say those Flatlines are pretty ugly, sposed to work good though. The Z-Bodies actually make the marker work/look better IMO.

PyRo
12-04-2001, 04:25 PM
Flatlines ive seen don't really work well. They do make the ball go further, but it is going so slow that its chances of breaking on target are greatley decreased.

Failure
12-04-2001, 04:45 PM
I read that by putting a small piece of a bandaid right after the hole in the barrel where the ball drops in(techincal name) it creates backspin as well.

MAGalomania
12-04-2001, 05:31 PM
What I don't understand about the z-body is it uses autococker barrel threading...now what is the point to that. Wasn't there a point to having the ball drop directly into the barrel, like it does with all the other mag bodies?

Load SM5
12-04-2001, 05:48 PM
The adjustable backspin nubbin would'nt work with the twist lock barrel design.

Plus, while we are on the subject, I actually met the one guy who though the Flatline Autococker was a good enough idea to buy. It was so nasty looking I was inspired to vomit.

Vegeta
12-04-2001, 06:10 PM
I have shot several M98's with flatlines.. and to tell you the truth.. i loved it. And.. if you use one of the things alot.. and you get that feel.. thats 6th sense for it (kinda like what you get when you shoot a RT.. you just know how to get that awesome firing rate.. or like a cocker.. you just know after a while exactly how far to pull that trigger.) after practice, when tilting hte gun, and arching holding it kinda crooked.. with the right weather/wind, you can begin to shoot around things. yea. trees, bunkers.. you name it... not much, but when you put lift on a ball going 200 mph around a tree.. the physics add up.. it slingshots that ball in a slanted arc...
(im not sayign this thing will hit you behind a big tree if your behind it well, but they can sometimes curve when they speed by stationary objects.)

Thats why you hear people soemtiem say they have been shot behnd trees and bunkers to the team and liek everyone out there doesnt belive the poor kids.. well.. next tiem you hear a kid go "I juts got shot and I was tucked behind a tree!" dont judge him right away..

I think it would be a neat addition... but it is kinda pig for the Mag.. look how long it makes the M98 and hte cocker.. put that on a small mag and boom.. and no.. the flatline cant be made shorter the right way.. if you made it shorter, you owuld have to decrease the curve in the barrel.. and therefore.. without that patented curve.. you wont get enough backspin and the ball wont go nearly as far.
Tippmann made it that length for a reason.

Now the band-aid idea I have seen.. I myself didnt notice much different but people say it works.. But wouldn't the band aid get ruffled up by the air and eventually rip off? I'll have to try this.