PDA

View Full Version : THE illustrious flatline Q's?

latches109
08-23-2005, 12:50 PM
I have a flatline from 2000, with the Carlton 68/3k. It has the squarish black regulator. Is my regulator heavier than other flatline reg i see?
edit: is a cp drop and on off lighter than flatline?

my flatline reg (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=29375)

Muzikman
08-23-2005, 12:59 PM
That is a normal 3000psi Flatline. All the 3000psi ones look like that. Also, I wouldn't call it squarish as it's round:)

As for weight, it might be a touch heavier than a 4500psi Flatline, but I am sure you would not notice the difference.

latches109
08-23-2005, 01:02 PM
thanks, looks like AO is still the best.

Muzikman
08-23-2005, 02:31 PM
:) I try...er, I mean we try:)

BTW, I now understand why you were calling it "Squarish" you were taking about the front of the reg, instead of coming to a point (like a sharpened pencil) it just ends like a new (non sharpened) pencil. That little bit of aluminum left on the 3000psi systems would not account for such little weight that you surely would not notice.

You post also made me think of something. With the paintball industry the way it is with getting things as light as possible, I am shocked that companies don't start putting weights on things. They have been doing it for years in the outdoor (hiking, biking, paddling, etc...) world.