PDA

View Full Version : omg so many problems with my warp NEED HELP FAST

RockTheRetroValve
08-24-2005, 02:11 PM
my warp has been wprking pretty screwy right when i bought it. first when i got it the battery was already inside and the batt cover was off so i picked it up and i guess the weight of the battery tugged the wire offa the board so i had to solder that back on. alright just today i took it out just to check on everything because i saw the warp to intelli agd thing and i was just checking if everything was right. i bought it used so it already had all the stuff in the intelli to be connected to the warp. here are some of my many problems.

1)alright it looked as if the wires were connected to the roller switch alright so i wanted to check how they were connected to the plug thingy. i couldnt get it off and i still cant and i guess i ripped the wires right outta the plug. well thats a big problem.
2)i took a look at the circuit board to see if everything was intact and this part is hard for me to explain not knowing the properwords so bear with me. on the board there is a series of prongs(6 of em, 2 lines of 3) and there should be a piece of rectangular plastic around the outside ones and the middle 2 should be exposed, it turns out only 1 of the plastic pieces is there. i notice on the board there are 4 other sets of pieces over 8 other prongs, would it hurt if i took 1 of those off and put it on the other prongs?
3)alright when screwing the board back in place one of the screws decides it doesnt want to go in and once it goes in the pressure i guess pops it out and goes flying and i have no idea where it went. will it be alright being held down by 1 screw?
4) with a brand new battery the wheel spins very slowly and stops and picks up and stops and goes very slow. what the crap is wrong?

alright heres the scoop, i have another roller swich and wire so i could get another plug and rewire that whole set up but the warp is so messed up i might just have to buy another 1 but i wouldnt want to spend over like 40 bucks for a used 1, so any suggestions?

RockTheRetroValve
08-24-2005, 07:21 PM
my warp has been wprking pretty screwy right when i bought it. first when i got it the battery was already inside and the batt cover was off so i picked it up and i guess the weight of the battery tugged the wire offa the board so i had to solder that back on. alright just today i took it out just to check on everything because i saw the warp to intelli agd thing and i was just checking if everything was right. i bought it used so it already had all the stuff in the intelli to be connected to the warp. here are some of my many problems.

1)alright it looked as if the wires were connected to the roller switch alright so i wanted to check how they were connected to the plug thingy. i couldnt get it off and i still cant and i guess i ripped the wires right outta the plug. well thats a big problem.
2)i took a look at the circuit board to see if everything was intact and this part is hard for me to explain not knowing the properwords so bear with me. on the board there is a series of prongs(6 of em, 2 lines of 3) and there should be a piece of rectangular plastic around the outside ones and the middle 2 should be exposed, it turns out only 1 of the plastic pieces is there. i notice on the board there are 4 other sets of pieces over 8 other prongs, would it hurt if i took 1 of those off and put it on the other prongs?
3)alright when screwing the board back in place one of the screws decides it doesnt want to go in and once it goes in the pressure i guess pops it out and goes flying and i have no idea where it went. will it be alright being held down by 1 screw?
4) with a brand new battery the wheel spins very slowly and stops and picks up and stops and goes very slow. what the crap is wrong?

alright heres the scoop, i have another roller swich and wire so i could get another plug and rewire that whole set up but the warp is so messed up i might just have to buy another 1 but i wouldnt want to spend over like 40 bucks for a used 1, so any suggestions?

please guys i neeed the help

Cow hunter
08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
wow...... thats ****ed up....... sry i have no idea about warps :) anyway AGD will prbly help u out if u email/call em! :dance:

wanna-b-ballin'
08-25-2005, 01:47 AM
as for taking one of the plastic things that goes on the prongs, jumpers, and moving it, i think you can get away with.

say the warp is on your gun, and your gun is pointing parallel to the ground. the series of prongs going horizontal doesn't matter much if you take one. you dont need all of them. the more you have turned a certain way on there, the less time the warp spins for every shot. that doesn't matter if you are hooking it up to your intelliframe. if you hold down your trigger, the warp will constantly spin. so take one jumper from that horizontal row of prongs, and put it where it needs to go on the verticle. i dont feel like taking my warp apart to see where all the jumpers go. see if you can find the instruction sheet for all the warp things. you should be able to get it from the AGD website. read it a few times, understand it, and see if that helps.

Arstron
08-25-2005, 08:09 AM

You can buy a new plug from radio shack, I dont have my warp infront of me, but I think it was a 1.5 mm plug. Just get a new one and solder it on, they are cheap enough.

The plastic peices on the prongs are called "jumpers." Look here for information on this, you will be fine though.
http://www.airgun.com/downloads/WarpInstructions.pdf

This doesnt sound good at all, are you sure there isnt anything behind the board that would put it into a bind? double check that. Then try taking the other screw out and putting it in the whole that the screw wont stay in, and then screw the other hole. Rember dont over tighten the screws as this can damage or crack the board. It really sounds like somthing is causing the board to be in a bind though, and thats not good.

Read the link I posted earlier, I think some settings need to be adjusted on it perhaps.

Try getting this one up and running first, but if you decide you want another one, ive got a used one that is unmodified :D

mobsterboy
08-26-2005, 08:43 PM
lets just say this, you really need to learn to not just YANK at things when you want to find out about them. I mean, if i wanted to learn about my angel, im not going to pull my battery out without first unplugging it, and im not just gonna pry my lcd screen off my board.

Also no clue here with warps. I hear they suck arse tho, unless you know what to do with them. Only benefit is "faster" shooting, and a lower profile. Good luck, i knew i was dumb, but not dumb enough to get into warps

ben-afficial
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM
for the warp discs runnin slow it might just be the motor is burned out...and to mobster, warps are like fords, they work for some and blow up for the rest. You just gotta know what your doin...and the battery wires disconnectin from the board is actually realy easy so be carefull. :dance:

tribalman
08-30-2005, 02:26 PM

1.sounds like you messed up something when you pulled them out.
2.the jumpers are used to change the dwell time, or how long the warp spins for, from a whole rotation to 1/8th of a turn. if they are horizontal, it doesn't do anything, if you put them vertial that will reduce the dwell. it doesn't matter which ones are vertial, they do the same thing.
3.you stripped the screw. in the manual for the warp it says that screw strips very easily. which it does. i've stripped one also, should be ok. but it might rattle when moving which could cause stuff to be unsoldered.
4.sounds like you either soldered the battery connectors together the wrong way, or a burnt out motor.

the problem with soldering things is that some components will burn out if they are overheated. you either need to use a heatsink and/or be very quick on applying the soldering iron and solder.

RockTheRetroValve
08-30-2005, 07:06 PM
well after not reading this for soem time ive fully restored my gun and pulled off a perfect big cell mod. thanks fo rthe help every1