PDA

View Full Version : X Ball & NPPL pace

Jimbud
08-24-2005, 05:19 PM
First off let me say that I have not played in, or even been to a tournament in several years. so forgive me if this is an obvious question but I have been a bit out of the loop. :)

I have been watching some vids of some recent X-Ball and NPPL tournaments and I have a question about the differences in play.

Why is the pace of an X-Ball match so much faster than that of an NPPL match?

WenULiVeUdiE
08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
X-ball is a different format. It is not just one game. It is as many games as possible fit into 40 minutes of play. The winner of the match (40 minute round) is the one with the most flag hangs (ind. game wins). So each team trys to end each game as quickly as possible to play more, to ensure a win. Also, the bunkers are smaller, which can lead to faster games.

That should be all correct. If not, oh well.

athomas
08-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Also, the fields are constructed to ensure a lot of movement. It makes for a faster game when it doesn't come down to just a shooting match.

onedude36
08-24-2005, 08:56 PM
I love X-ball. best format ever.

nt2004
08-24-2005, 09:03 PM
xball is super fast. I was cleaning bunkers at chicago open and i swear I'd get to sit down for 30 seconds and then i'd have to run out to clean up the mess. Thank God xsv and avalanche got into a huge argument, that gave me the oppurtunity to get lunch!