PDA

View Full Version : Triggers

blockarm50
12-04-2001, 03:09 PM
I just recently bought a DYE Double trigger for my classic mag and was wondering as to how you get the stock trigger out of the stock frame and how to put the new one in?

Thanks
Blockarm50

Army
12-04-2001, 04:09 PM
If you already have the body and rail off, look on top of the frame directly above the trigger/safety. See the little hole? That is a set screw, allen type, very small. Use the right size and back it all the way out. Carefully turn the frame upside down and allow the spring and ball to fall out, DON"T LOSE THEM! (they're in there, you may need to coax them out)

Now the safety button will come out, freeing the trigger to come out. Carefully using a straight punch, drive the trigger pin out from the right to the left. You will see the striations on the pin, this end goes back in last (from left to right now).

Reassemble with in reverse with the DYE trigger. You do realize that your trigger guard will have to be cut away? This will prevent you from playing any tourney as a safety factor, unless you plan to bolt on a custom guard.

Hope that helps:cool:

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-04-2001, 04:14 PM
why would you take the safety out. i didn't take my safety out when i changed triggers. is there something i don't know?

PyRo
12-04-2001, 04:20 PM
Hmm, I don't think you have to remove the saftey. Try it without removing it first, just knock the pin out. If it won't come out after the pin is removed, then take out the saftey.

Daniel Morse
12-04-2001, 05:00 PM
Is this the same procedure you use to get the Z-Grip Trigger out of the Z frame? Please verify if you need to take the safety out. When you reassemble will you need a new trigger pin and spring or can you use them again once they have been removed?:confused:

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-04-2001, 07:19 PM
come on dan, you should know this