PDA

View Full Version : MINI's barrel wont go on.

MAGS own YOU
12-04-2001, 04:01 PM
I used to use a stock mini barrel. It would go on just fine and lock in place. Then I changed to a smart parts SS. The other day, I went to put on my mini barrel and I slid it in, and tried to turn it to lock. It wouldn't turn at all? In the past week, the only think I did to it was change one broken O ring and the nubbin on the barrel. Everything looks fine on it, and my smart parts still goes and locks well. What should I do?

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-04-2001, 04:11 PM
or it could be the front frame screw that holds the grip frame in place. but i think that would more prevent the barrel from getting into the gun. are you sure you're twisting it the right way? maybe you need to oil the barrel o rings. or maybe you just need to go to the gym and pump up those arms. just a few suggestions.

MAGS own YOU
12-04-2001, 04:15 PM
My SP barrel goes on perfectly, I oiled the MINI barrel ALOT and it still wount turn and lock. I dont see what is going on with it.

PyRo
12-04-2001, 04:15 PM
Loosen the front frame screw and try again. Make sure that you are getting the barrel all the way back. Sometimes especially with new o-rings it will feel like it is back, when it actually isn't. Once its back, it should turn. If you cannot turn it, get some weights and try again in a month :)

MAGS own YOU
12-04-2001, 04:19 PM
Yay thanks pyro, the screw was stopping it, i guess it was too tight.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-04-2001, 04:21 PM
hey, i said it first. i got played.

Failure
12-04-2001, 04:46 PM
Yup, that happened to me as well with my armson. You can also dremel the slot deeper if you are brave.

PyRo
12-04-2001, 06:14 PM
Do not dremel the slot. This has nothing to do with the slot. The barrel holder pin thing I forget the techincal name is what holds the barrel it. The front frame screw holds the mainbody, rail, and grip together in the foward part of the gun. This screw shouldn't be touching your barrel, if it is it is (someone else try to beat 4 2 letter words in a row:)) too long. You can get a shorter screw, file yours down, use a washer, or just loosen, and tighten the screw every time you switch barrels.

Failure
12-04-2001, 07:22 PM
Actually its 5 and thats hard to beat, my brain twisted just reading it. If the grip frame is screwed in too tightly then the barrel 'nubbin' we shall call it sits too high for the barrel. The tighter it screws in, the higher she goes. You see, I don't think that its a screw because my dye stainless and boomy go in when its tight but not the armson....so...I feel that maybe some barrels t or l slots aren't milled to the exact depth.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-04-2001, 07:25 PM
it is 5 and there should be a coma in there.

Army
12-05-2001, 11:43 AM
AGD calls it the "Twist Lock".

Technically it is a "assembly, Detent, adjustable tension". (Well, that's what we would call it in the Army!)

PyRo
12-05-2001, 01:55 PM
I knew that :) Just testing you.