PDA

View Full Version : Madly in love with the Matrix

~ F L ! P ~
12-04-2001, 05:12 PM
...But I don't have one. Can anyone tell me anything about troubleshooting, How they are, and upgrades like the Trinity/Shocktech Reg, Bolt Kit, different chips, etc... Thanks!

~FL!P~

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-04-2001, 05:33 PM
YUCK, too too many problems, for the prices you pay to make the gun decent/look good you might as well getta E-Mag or save your money and getta SLF, or XTreeme, or Modular (think xtreem and modular are same)

Ever search the boards on pbnatio.com look at the Matrix forum every day you get a least 1 problem asking about how to fix something or something bad with a matrix, sometimes even more.:eek:

kenshinkandon
12-04-2001, 05:48 PM
Not True

The field owner that I know got one when they first came out and he used up to a couple of months he kept it stock and used all the time and never had a problem with it

If you want to ask him go to pbnation.com like raven said and search for a guy called skinnypuppy he'll tell you how he liked his.

xmetal2001
12-04-2001, 06:14 PM
im about to get one(of course im keeping my mag though:))
I've heard great things about them but the stock orings are weak so they sometimes leak until you replace them. The feel of a trigger is identical to an angel. The only difference is on the back of the trigger it is longer because the switch thing is in a different place. The main problem is gas-efficency. You'll definatly need atleast a 68/45 and that'll give you about 600-700 shots. Efficency can be fixed by a Aardvark bolt kit. With a trinity to lower the pressure the gun will never chop.

~ F L ! P ~
12-04-2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
YUCK, too too many problems, for the prices you pay to make the gun decent/look good you might as well getta E-Mag or save your money and getta SLF, or XTreeme, or Modular (think xtreem and modular are same)

I don't need it to look seksy, good ol' black is fine with me. Since I'm getting it used (Trying to trade a nice 'Cocker setup for one), I'll get a much better deal on the Matrix than I would an E-Mag, 'cause who would go from an E-Mag to a 'Cocker without an exorbitant amount of cash?

Originally posted by RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
Ever search the boards on pbnatio.com look at the Matrix forum every day you get a least 1 problem asking about how to fix something or something bad with a matrix, sometimes even more.:eek: [/B]

OK, point taken, but you get a lot of posts about 'Mags breaking down, too (Mostly easy fixes, might I add), and PBNation is a HUGE forum. The O-Ring kit costs $3.50 and covers 80% of the problems you may encounter, from what I hear. Good deal, if I'm asked =). Don't worry, I'm not walking into a gun blindly. I've done my research, and I have a local store that supports Matrices and several online forums to consult for help if anything were to go wrong. Your concern is appreciated, though =).

Kenshinkandon, thanks for the reassurance.

Xmetal2001, I plan on getting the bolt kit, and I DO have a Centerflag 68/4500 (Hgih flow, WHEEEE!!!). Only problem is, the bolt kit's kinda steep... Hopefully I can trade a gun who already has one.

~FL!P~

crash890
12-06-2001, 09:09 AM
My friends own matricies (two friends two guns). As long as you grease it before a day of play you will not have any problems with it... I know that is has preformed flawlessly for both of the people (minus one time that he didn't grease the internals before a day of play and got some bolt stick). I also have a matix with the bolt kit and I have not had any problems with mine. Although I havn't been playng with it that much since I got my Emag...

Some of the nicer things about it is the Trinty reg on the front... When you set it right, it will bounce off almost any paint... you can take your finger and put it in the breech and pull the triger, and it will bounce off your finger (personaly I love that feature).

As long as you grease it you shouldn't have any problems, but do make sure it get the bolt-kit or you will be traveling lots to the air fill station.

Hope that helps.