PDA

View Full Version : Tricks to tune LV10

wave
08-26-2005, 08:39 AM
OK, so I'm somewhat new to mags, rather I am new to the Level 10. Anyway, I am trying to get this thing going...

Is there some kind of trick to figuring out the right combination of orings, shims, and carriers?

Every combination of carrier and oring i use seems to either not fire or leak down the barrel. It's getting kind of frustrating as one can imagine.

Are the orings that come with the lv10 different sizes? I never saw that mentioned anywhere, but it seems like they are.

Anyway... if there is any step i may have overlooked, or any tricks that anyone used to get it up and going i would appreciate very much.

:tard:

Dayspring
08-26-2005, 09:21 AM
First things first, don't use shims at all until you have the thing firing without leaking.

Yes, the orings can come in somewhat different sizes, that's what the carriers are for. But there is no "right" combination. It's different for every person.

One way to check your carrier size is to dangle the bolt from the carrier/oring. if it wiggles off after a few shakes, it's good. If it falls right off- too loose. If it doesn't budge, too tight.