PDA

View Full Version : LipStick Cam

darwin
08-27-2005, 05:46 AM
Hey, i would like to setup a lipstick cam on my mask and i know this was done at an AO meet.

What would this record to that i can carry thats small?

I have actually found some perfect cameras now i am trying to find a good cheap DVR or a good light cam corder

warbeak2099
08-27-2005, 07:17 AM
What? Lipstick cam? Explain please.

Jaan
08-27-2005, 08:10 AM
What? Lipstick cam? Explain please.Google lipstick cam = http://www.microvideo.ca/tube.htm

Creative Mayhem
08-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Its basically a small camera that you can strap to your head or barrel to record the action from your or the guns point of view. The problem is it isn't always pointing where the action is, and is usually extrememly shakey, and painfull to watch. This is the reason why the fottage shot at Texball(except for whirlyball) didn't end up on the DVD.

Jaan
08-27-2005, 08:45 AM
I'm working on powering a helmet can and hard drive recorder now for a couple of mountain climbers. We did a test going downhill on a mountain bike and it looked spectacular. The small hard drive video recorders are amazing, 100 gig video storage in something the size of a PDA.

chairman_mao
08-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Contact BetaMax I believe his name is on AO he has one and has used it for a good amount of time.

AGDlover
08-27-2005, 12:56 PM
just have your visor on and cut a small opening in it so it would slide in then find a way to sicure it

drg
08-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Just route it to a DV camcorder, which is more or less what is intended.

digitard
08-27-2005, 05:58 PM
What I used to do was this.

I picked up a 1"x1" wireless camera. I then used double sided sticky tape (found at any home improvement place) and stuck it to the feedneck on my marker (or if someone had a no-rise to the side). The tape was easily enough to hold it, and the 9v battery attatched in place on the marker itself so it was always following what the marker was shooting at.

Then a friend would have the reciever hooked into my MiniDV camera sitting on the sidelines of the round and record straight to the MiniDV camcorder.

Total cost: since I had the camcorder: 53.00

It was actually extremely nice cause it had a tuning knob so if things got goofy a tiny flick and it was back to go and went about 100yds w/ no problems.

D.

blykins
08-27-2005, 10:30 PM
What I used to do was this.

I picked up a 1"x1" wireless camera. I then used double sided sticky tape (found at any home improvement place) and stuck it to the feedneck on my marker (or if someone had a no-rise to the side). The tape was easily enough to hold it, and the 9v battery attatched in place on the marker itself so it was always following what the marker was shooting at.

Then a friend would have the reciever hooked into my MiniDV camera sitting on the sidelines of the round and record straight to the MiniDV camcorder.

Total cost: since I had the camcorder: 53.00

It was actually extremely nice cause it had a tuning knob so if things got goofy a tiny flick and it was back to go and went about 100yds w/ no problems.

D.

post the vid so we can see how well it works

darwin
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
They only problem with this solution is i do not want touse wireless for this due to distance in scenario ball ;p i imagine i can just stick the camcorder in a pack but id perfered a hardwired setup

maybe wireless would be the best w3ay to go

darwin
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm working on powering a helmet can and hard drive recorder now for a couple of mountain climbers. We did a test going downhill on a mountain bike and it looked spectacular. The small hard drive video recorders are amazing, 100 gig video storage in something the size of a PDA.

Yeah i have found some really awesome stuff online but most of its out of my "imediate" pricee range

I guess finding a decent cheap dvr is not going to be too possible and a camcorder will be the only solution

Target Practice
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
I would also like to build a lipstick cam so I can strap it to my shoe and sit next to skirted ladies at school.