PDA

View Full Version : Regulator Break in

NewMagMan21
08-27-2005, 01:14 PM
So my brother needs to buy a reg for his spyder. And since Ive had my mag forever I havent really looked at regs for a long time. So I was looking and I think Ive narrowed it down (since I do my bro's paintball shopping) to a CP reg or the Evil Detonator reg ...so I was looking on pbreveiw and the common complaint for the Detonator is the long break in period... and I didnt understand what they meant by this, and how they could tell it was broken in... help me out

MadPSIence
08-27-2005, 01:15 PM
there's lots of other good regulators. AKA or Palmers if you want the best. All have a break-in time though. Just install it, dry fire a whole tank off and that should get you started.

onedude36
08-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Side winder pwns your soul. Yes I like them.

NewMagMan21
08-27-2005, 02:46 PM
well for the price my bro's lookin for they're kinda out of the question...this post was actually so I can get some info on what they breaking in does...and how people can tell when its done.

sol tank
08-27-2005, 03:47 PM
when you get a reg new the spring is still all tense. After repeated dry fires it will eventualy work itself in to a point where it will stay a constant tensile. Think of it just like car suspension. When you add new springs give it about a week or 2 and you will finally notice the drop on the car.

11_Mile_TMaster
08-27-2005, 11:00 PM
also the seals will have a bit of 'wear in' themselves. That's why you are supposed to change the Reg seat in a classic valve whenever you unscrew the two valve halves, the reg pin will not sit in the same spot.