PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: Electronic Grip went nuts

joejoe555
08-27-2005, 07:41 PM
I have an Automag pretty hooked up, regulator, nitro system, freak system, and also a booyah electronic grip. I have had this grip for a while now but last week it started to freak out on me. It just shoots full auto by itself even if it isn't on full auto mode.

Apon examination it seems that the gun works perfectly without the grip, but with it, it goes nuts.

I took my grip apart a little and found that the cylinod that activates the trigger pull works correctly without air. If i set the mode to single shot it shoots one shoot, if burst the burst. It also registers the right about of shots. However once air is engaged that is when the grip goes baserk. I can only stop the firing by removing the air source. I seems that once air is on the pin is keep in the fireing postion.

Again all of this is very compliacated but if anyone knows about electronic grips and could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

If more details or photos are needed i will be glad to upload them, however i was sure if anyone would even be able to help. Hopefull

PLEASE HELP
THANKS

joejoe555 BUNKERKING

mobsterboy
08-27-2005, 08:45 PM
possibly your on off pin is too long? Because it sounds like its going over reactive That would be MY BEST GUESS.

joejoe555
08-27-2005, 11:41 PM
possibly your on off pin is too long? Because it sounds like its going over reactive That would be MY BEST GUESS.

I have noticed that sometimes when i take off apart my gun that the pin is either all the way in or so long that it stops me from taking out the value. I tried to replace that little o-ring is there any way else i can prevent it.

Asym
08-28-2005, 08:24 PM
What kind of on/off are you using? Had the same problem with my ULT when I put too many shims in, if the pin is too short it gets reactive and never fully closes and goes reactive. Mine bounced full auto untill I pulled off the tank.

Sounds like your on/off pin is too short, look for wear on the bottom of the pin, if its a standard on/off you can get new pins or measure it to see if it is too short. If its similar to the hyperframe and uses a different on/off it might be a little harder to find what the length of the pin should be.

athomas
08-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Check the on-off top oring to see if it may have a leak. Check to see if the on-off pin is damaged. Also check the condition of the sear.