PDA

View Full Version : New toy that I got today.

yakitori
08-27-2005, 11:04 PM
I just bought this gun locally and played w/ it today and all I can say is WOW. Ive shot them before and I love the way they shoot, but I never had the money to get one. Well, I ended up buying one and I am having to sell my viking because of it, but I guess thats what happens when your a gun whore. Meh....story of my life. :p

Anyway.

black/cobalt fade
stiffi kit
orange bolt tuned to perfection

soon to get an M5 chip maybe. We will see how that goes in the future. For now, it shoots oh so good.

Whatcha think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0451.jpg

onedude36
08-27-2005, 11:15 PM
I like vikings because they are different. Although on the other end of the spectrum, popular guns are popular for a reason right?

aut911
08-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I must say that it is a beautiful marker. But in the realm of ghetto fabulous and the oh so ninja like (me) your DM is no match for my completely stock ION.

just kidding but ill send you a pic if you like.

aut

ntn4502
08-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Nice pickup I have the same, and looks real nice with my reloader b backplate :)

minimag03
08-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Sorry to see you leave the family. Hope you don't stop posting in the AKA forum. How mudh did you get for the Viking?

yakitori
08-28-2005, 12:29 AM
I must say that it is a beautiful marker. But in the realm of ghetto fabulous and the oh so ninja like (me) your DM is no match for my completely stock ION.

just kidding but ill send you a pic if you like.

aut

lol.. whatever. I own an Ion too w/ a stiffi QEV, sidewinder, etc.....and there is still no comparison to a matrix. Esp stock. They do shoot great though for the price, hence my backup Ion.

Thanks for the comments. I played w/ this gun today and I must say, it shoots better than well......almost any other gun Ive shot. Thats my personal opinion though. Everyone has a preference. I prefer no kick, quiet, accurate gun like this one. ;)

yakitori
08-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Sorry to see you leave the family. Hope you don't stop posting in the AKA forum. How mudh did you get for the Viking?

Ya, I know. I love the AKA family. Probably one of the best owner groups in all of paintball. I will definitely stay around the forum for sure. Probably moreso than any other forums. :D

oh, I havent sold it yet. Its for sale though. IDK if it will bring very much but it has some nice ups on it. ;)

Aliens-8-MyDad
08-28-2005, 01:09 AM
dduuuuddddeee what happend to getting an ego !?!!?

I... am disapointed.

atm743
08-28-2005, 01:24 AM
dduuuuddddeee what happend to getting an ego !?!!?

I... am disapointed.

WHAT

you were going to get a ego and you got a DM insted

what are you :tard:

hehe

well i hope that you like the dm. if i had $ i would get an ego :D but ill stick with my 3 pound viking :D

Rather
08-28-2005, 01:36 AM
well i hope that you like the dm. if i had $ i would get an ego :D but ill stick with my 3 pound viking :D

If i do say so myself you happen to wield that 3 pound viking very well. :headbang:

Aliens-8-MyDad
08-28-2005, 02:17 AM
he was drooling when he shot mine lol and said he was really thinkin bout gettin one of those, then he goes and gets this, i dunno must be on crack...

I LOOOOVEEE my ego... out of the box it was a little rough but with the proper settings and after the break in period its just so lovely

turn the lpr in about 4 turns, dwell up to 10 = kick like a proto and 1500 shots on a 68/4500 not to mention its light as HELL... k im done I just lub my new gun.

MonsterMag
08-28-2005, 08:47 AM
I am currently in thwe procces of getting a dm4. I got a "Dm4 fund" going. 200 so far buts its only been a week :D
I was thinking about somthing like this :dance:
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/29000/dm4_3_rs.JPG

nt2004
08-28-2005, 08:54 AM
If you are thinking about buying a new chip, check out the DMT-chip from scenario dreams. It has alot of modes and settings for cheap

zackzel
08-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Yeah I know the gun whore feeling, I just sold my matrix and went to an AKA gun.

JoshK
08-28-2005, 12:27 PM
It's what people always say about humans. But to me it applies to guns also. "It doesn't matter whats on the outside, it's the inside(performance/function) that counts". :p Let's just say I'm not a big fan of the newer trixes. But you did get the one color I would like on a trix. Good job. Hope you like it!

scrumpy
08-28-2005, 03:49 PM
The thing that bothers me about guns like DM's is the feedneck position. If the breech isn't really close to being directly above the trigger frame I don't like the look/feel. Nice gun though - have fun.

yakitori
08-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I couldnt afford the ego. That and Im not a huge fan of magnetic triggers. I must say that aliens certainly does have his setup nicely. I was able to rip on it. It shoots great and felt fine too. I personally think my DM4 shoots better though. Ill letcha shoot it next time.

I dunno, but I just like the way DMs shoot. So nice.

Thanks for the kind words. Ill be at the factory sunday morning for practice. Ill be shooting the DM4. :dance:

I personally feel that w/ unimounts (which is what I use) guns w/ the hopper directly over the trigger lead to the gun being backheavy. That is considering the tanks Im using and loaders. Not to mention a stiffi on there. This gun is ballanced well.

Hmmm...maybe I should sell it until I get everyone approval on what gun to buy and shoot. :p

barrel break
08-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Hmmm...maybe I should sell it until I get everyone approval on what gun to buy and shoot. :p
Heh, that'll never happen.
Congrats on the new purchase though, DM's are sexy and fast. Though they feel a bit tall, coming from a single tube gun...

fullofpaint
08-29-2005, 08:37 AM
take the trigger spring out you'll shoot soooo much faster, oh and welcome the Matrix Family :clap: