PDA

View Full Version : PTP DoubleTrigger Frame - Any good?

Resurection
08-28-2005, 04:45 PM
More specifically, can anyone tell me if this frame is decent and if it WILL work on the classic RT?

PTP Frame for Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/Automag-E-mag-Minimag-agd-trigger-frame-paintball_W0QQitemZ7177729588QQcategoryZ47241QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem)

BigEvil
08-28-2005, 04:55 PM
THis one smells fishy... PTP frames all came with triggers, which BTW, arent the same size as the standard I-frame ones. Im sure a PTP trigger will be tough to come by.

Also, if it will fit a minimag or standard mag, it WILL NOT fit the classic RT.

Resurection
08-28-2005, 05:32 PM
... if it will fit a minimag or standard mag, it WILL NOT fit the classic RT.

Thats what i thought too... damn shame. I want a double trigger for my classic, but don't know if I want to get an intelli, too much money just to have a double trigger.

Lee
08-28-2005, 05:58 PM
pm RRfireblade. i'm almost positive he'll have new benchmarks in stock.

BigEvil
08-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Trust me.. the difference is night and day between the two. THe PTP frames all had TONS of slop in them.

IF that doesnt bother you, check with PTP and see if they will sell you a new one cheap. I know they have them laying around, and may give one up at a discount. Its not like there is a demand for them anymore.

There was a new memeber here on AO who is Forrest from Pro-Teams wife. I forget her screen name (I think its something like Tracey_PTP), but you could even drop RRFireblade a line and see if he can point you in the right direction.

ZEROte
08-30-2005, 12:22 PM
benchmark frames are good quality frames. people only saw the slop but never realized how if you just learned how to shoot properly the slop didnt matter.

TheTramp
08-30-2005, 12:38 PM
benchmark frames are good quality frames. people only saw the slop but never realized how if you just learned how to shoot properly the slop didnt matter.

The way the saftey worked was also a nightmare on the field.

Creative Mayhem
08-30-2005, 12:48 PM
I didn't mind the 45 single trigger, but the double was just too sloppy with that much trigger hanging there. You can use the frame if you wish but you need to remember the Classic RT will require the use of the Banjo bolt, and the rear frame screw will need to be enlarged for the larger diameter fieldstrip screw.

peewee
08-30-2005, 01:13 PM
:D I like it sloppy :D I like 2X benchmark frames. but I honestly like the intelliframe better. But if its cheaper they are great.

mag-owner
08-30-2005, 02:51 PM
i would get an intelli over a benchmark. my old double trigger benchmark had too much side to side play and of course there was some slop in the trigger pull. the intelli is worth saving for, and if money is the issue try the for sale place here. im sure somone has an intelli for sale.

ZEROte
08-31-2005, 10:08 AM
The way the saftey worked was also a nightmare on the field.

thats why you remove the safety :D

TheTramp
08-31-2005, 05:37 PM
I think you know the objection to this. ;)