PDA

View Full Version : What type of oil?

canilive
08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Would it be ok to use Hoppes #9 oil on my mag. I just have a bunch left over from my Tippmann A5. I have been using it for a year and a half and have yet to replace any o-rings.

Cow hunter
08-30-2005, 10:33 AM
i think all oil is really the same as long as its paintball or turbine oil............

grominou69
08-30-2005, 08:14 PM
autolube or better ... k-c troublefree synthetic blue oil ...
i would definately not use hoppes#9 in my mag .... nor any petroleum based oil ...

RAZORXMAG
08-31-2005, 09:57 AM
I couldn't agree more, if i was you, i would definently invest in the best oil, for the best gun. why cheap out?? i guarentee it will just cause you issues. give me a pm the first time you clean your mag and find all the new oil you just put on all black and dirty a day after you put it on. KC trouble free.....the key word here is trouble free. look it up.

Asym
08-31-2005, 01:21 PM
I used hoppes for about 8 years on my mag, never had an issue even while using CO2. Last year I switched to KC when I was having issues with ULT, it really didn't make any difference at all but I have 2 bottles of it so I'm just using it.

canilive
08-31-2005, 01:43 PM
I just wanted to know, if using hoppes would definately cause damage to my marker. What about air tool oil(acme, marvel) I gotta tell you guys it's pretty hard to find that stuff here in New York city. I called a home depot and they didn't even know what I was talking about. I know I could just get the autolube from AGD, but I need the oil now. I can't wait a few days for it, as the games are just popping up, like crazy. I allready put about 4 drops in my asa out the box, my mag hasn't seen the field just yet.

warbeak2099
08-31-2005, 02:45 PM
Meh, I used some of the 'ol hoppes #9 from my tippy in my mag once. No problem whatsoever. Just use it until you can get some gold cup or autolube.

canilive
08-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Oh well, I just ordered 2 bottles of plain old cup. I was checking out the kc stuff, Man that pretty expensive oil.