PDA

View Full Version : Electro Guns For Dummies

Resurection
08-30-2005, 02:20 PM
I'd like to open a thread for those players coming back to the game after a 4+ year hiatus. Can someone please give some insight or links to good places to learn about electro guns. I mean, I understand basic paintball concepts, but what the heck is 'debounce' and such. If I were to go buy an Angel, DM, or Timmy... I wouldn't know what all the different settings were for, etc. So please send some help. :cry:

Dayspring
08-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Each gun will come with a manual. I suggest reading it. Many are available from the manufacturers' websites.

Debounce is also covered here in the forums. Run a search.

What you want to buy should be dependent on how you plan on playing.

Lohman446
08-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Debounce for instance is the amount of time before the marker will register a second trigger pull immediatly after one. Designed originally to keep markers from going full auto from recoil / moving parts / switch noise someone (I think Jim Drew WAS) starting offering a 0 setting - which seems on the vast majority of markers to cause bounce. On some boards this is not available, others it has to be unlocked like a video game code.

Dwell is the amount of time that a bolt is designed to stay forward (or solenoid open) before it is returned.

Ramping generally refers to adding shots to reach a certain cap even though you do not pull them as long as you are pulling the trigger at a minimum set speed. There is also velocity ramping which is way different and illegal everywhere that I can think of.

ABS is anti-bolt stick. Some markers (Matrix for instance) the bolt sticks after sitting. ABS uses the other systems (such as dwell) to increase the pressure or dwell and try to overcome the drag on the bolt.

These are, I think, the most common electro-terms that you will run across

There are a lot of other terms, most of us can help you with them but you will get better response from