PDA

View Full Version : LA AOer LOOKING FOR BROTHERS

Sk8ermog
08-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey guys I finally made it down to LA and I'm looking to play again. I know of the big fields like SC Village and Hollywood Sports, but I'd love to find out where other AOers play so I can hook up with my brothers in arms. Right now I'm in Newport, but I'll probly be moving more centeral real soon. I don't mind driving for a good game or two. Help me out bros.

devildog
09-01-2005, 07:43 PM
im not super close, down in san diego. havent played in like 3 years though. wouldnt mind going out again

Rudz
09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
closer to sc, but i work alot, dont play much, i work weekends

xsiegex
09-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Live in Palmdale, I'm real close to Fields of Fury. Never been to SC.

Sk8ermog
09-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Yeah I was going to go out to SC village today, but it's farther then I thought. I'd like to start reffing again to get tied in with the local crowd. Kind of feel like I need to get a faster gun just so I don't look like a NOOB, but I'll still have MAG pride. Still would love to meet some guys to play with in the area.

ej_y4
09-06-2005, 11:16 PM
What part of LA do you live in? Maybe we could recommend a closer field. I personally stay away from SC only because there are some good field by my house.

mixwell2
09-07-2005, 02:59 AM
well if you live in Newport I think that the closest field is Hollywood Sports. If your into senario then go to SC. Playing speed ball there is cool but Gio has let the turf field go to sh**. Not sure if any AO'ers go that much. The one place that I see AO'ers more than anywhere else lately is Tombstone. When i don't feel like driving to Redlands I usually go there and practice. Still not sure if I am gonna go to San Diego but if I don't then I will be @ Tombstone...the only one with a AO jersey there.

P.S. oh yeah I will be there for sure this Sunday.

Sk8ermog
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
yeah I'm in Newport right now. Can I get some directions or a website for some of these fields cause I've looked online for a field directory and can't find a good up-to-date one yet. I went to a store that AGP had in the back and the store said they haven't had paintball gear for like 5 years. Anyways point me in the right direction and I'm there.

mixwell2
09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
sc village link (http://www.scvillage.com/main_menu.html)

there is also a link on that page for Hollywood Sports.

tombstone link (http://members.cox.net/tombstonepaintball/home.htm)

If you want to make the drive and love airball here is the link to all the info you would need
press this (http://www.beayoungs.com/outlaw.htm)

Good luck see you out there

As for shops check your phone book or go to WARPIG (http://warpig.com) and see of those have more up to date shops.

There are more shops the closer you get to the Inland Empire...there is one shop i know for sure in Downtown Brea off of Imperial Highway, MPS is in MOnterey Park but thats kinda out of your way. Do a Google search on Paintball Ace and see if they have a shop in OC

mandatory
09-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Im down in San Diego as well. Would definatly be up to come play in the LA area. Waiting on a devilmag right now, so as soon (or as not soon) as i get it, I will be up to travle to play.

TheShark
09-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey Sk8er. I live in Laguna Niguel currently. Probably heading to SC this weekend if I get my hyperframe back from Luke before then. (Trigger/switch job) I'd like to check out your hypermag, maybe I'll see you out there some time.

RoadDawg
09-19-2005, 11:34 PM
There is a shop in southern Santa Ana off of the 55 and Edinger... head west on Edinger past Lyon and Grand and it should be on the left hand side in a small shop. Nothing real big but it's a store. One Shot Paintball is located around the 57 and the 91 (by me).

Once I get my RPG I'll head out a bit more. I got tired of the speedball scene, although I'll still play, and have fun playing walk on rec ball. I found it's easier on the wallet and with a mech I won't be spending much anyway.

Good fields-
Jungle Island *although the fields are right on top of each other, plus it's way farther then SC*
Tombstone- It's not the greatest but definately not the worst.

Haven't really played much else besides one out in San Bernadino *can't remember the name at the moment*

Fields I'd avoid-

SC- Too many cheaters
Hollywood- Way to expensive *paint costs to much*

Sk8ermog
09-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey thanks guys. I was able to play at Tombstone this last weekend because the Too Much Phun group came out and it was really cheap to play. They gave me free lunch, CO2 refills and it was a great group of noobies and pros. All that for $20 and I could bring my own paint! They do it every other weekend and I think I want to check them out when they go to SC Village. Tombstone seemed really orgainized compared to other fields I've been to so that was nice and there were a lot of people there.

Here is the website for Too Much Phun!: http://www.toomuchphun.com/

If anyone is thinking about going to the next one at SC Village let me know.

Bulldog
09-21-2005, 06:48 PM
What RoadDawg said. I think that one he is thinking of is called Outlaw. It's in Redlands, and it's a pretty good field. At least it was 6 months ago.

A lot of the SoCal AO'ers are taking a break right now, or at least from AO since it turned kind of retarded. I'm thinking of buying a pump and coming back to it. We'll see.

RoadDawg
10-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Well I'm looking at starting back up in the next couple of weeks by going to Tombstone. I've got my RPG set up and ready to R'n'R. If anyone would like to meet up let me know.

Bulldog- Long time since I've seen you... hope to see you at the fields.

latches109
10-10-2005, 07:51 PM
let's organize something, anyone interested? make a private group

A-Tach-One
10-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Depending when, I'm in.

latches109
10-10-2005, 09:02 PM
this weekend or next

Sk8ermog
10-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Too Much Phun seems to run the best deal because they provide lunch and you can bring your own paint when they go to Tombstone. It's only like $25 with all day CO2, raffle ticket and lunch which is a great deal. Check it out:

http://www.toomuchphun.com/

click on the friendly fire link and check out the dates. I went to Tombstone with them and it was a blast. I'm really hard up for cash right now so unless I get some extra cash soon then I can play.

RoadDawg
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM
It might take me until November to get out and not be stressing over cash (that and I'm busy due to school and work)

latches109
10-11-2005, 02:12 AM
nice, camp pendelton is cheep too. $12 entrance and the rest depends on the player. I don't spend more than $20 there.

Rudz
11-09-2005, 11:35 PM
as far as i kno hollywood sports park is the only field open durin the week, so im stuck with their fpo bs, but any 1 kno if outlaw out in redlands is open durin the week, i thought they had night games on weds, but i wasnt sure how up to date that was, lmk kno guys, any 1 wanna go to hsp on a weds or thurs??