PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: AO-WI: Paintball Sams Big Game II Oct 1 & 2

AutomagRT1483
08-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Here we are once again. Big game is coming up.

Here are the details:
Pre Order Paint

Full Case - 85.00
1/2 Case - 45.00
Pre paid paint must be orderd by Sep. 28th if you are using credit card, and by Sep. 21nd if mailing in a personal check.
Pre paid paint may also be paid for at the field up to Sep. 25th.

Paint on the Day of the Event

Case - 100.00
1/2 Case - 55.00

Order by phone, mail, or in person.

Contact Info
Phone Number: (262) 895-3070

email: SAMSWIS@aol.com

Mailing Address:
Paint Ball Sams (not the field address)
P.O. Box 295
Waterford, WI 53185

Additional Information: Click Here (http://www.paintballsams.com)

Who's Going:
AutomagRT1483 (+2)
Smoke
rifleman wi
MicroMiniMe
Hexis (+1)
Nagash
deathstalker
ArmySyko (possibility)
redrynn

deathstalker
08-30-2005, 06:56 PM
I'll be there, at least on Saturday.

SpitFire1299
08-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Sadly i wont be able to make it. :(

MicroMiniMe
08-31-2005, 09:08 AM
Hehe, I like that Hexis and myself are already on the list. If I come its definately going to have to be on the cheap. Gas cost will hurt alot more. Might need a full car to make it work, and split a room big time.

ArmySyko
08-31-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm thinking about going but it will depend how soon I am released from Active Duty and how soon I can have my PB uniform all put together. Sadly my uniform is going to cost me more than my A5. :wow:

rifleman wi
09-08-2005, 06:23 AM
sweet.. im on the list right away again..:) ill be there one or both days.. gotta see when i have to work.. ill have my black vert feed minimag..with an olive jt jerzy,cammo pants, olive and black PJ pack and a black proteus 2 mask.. if you see me stop me and say hi.. hopefully ill get my custom chrod 2 emag back from anno to show off..sadly, it wont be opperational ( still waiting on the TAG Emag pred. board..) also i may have 1 friend with me.. he has to check when he works also..

ArmySyko
09-08-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm one step closer to getting home. We know the angle to persue my situation which has been in limbo for the better part of 14 weeks.

October 1st? Yeah, we'll have to see if that's possible. It's a miracle if the military can get anything done in three weeks.

Shives
09-08-2005, 02:29 PM
I gotta talk Nicki into bumping this a weekend one way or the other. Seems this is always my S. Dak. pheasant hunting trip weekend. I know, I should hit Sam's instead. But...

1) Pheasants are tastier.
2) Free Cuban cigars.
3) Free booze
4) Heck, the trip is free.
5) Wife says I get to bring home a mount this year. OK, that will cost me a bit.

So, I'll see you guys in May again

Shives

JoshK
09-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Admission? Or is admission included in the price of paint?

I may go if I don't have anything planned (I think I do though :( )

rifleman wi
09-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Josh, admission is free both days

JoshK
09-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the info.

rifleman wi
09-10-2005, 04:17 AM
is there an actual meeting spot this year.. or are we just sposed to find eachother?.. also what team are we going on?

MicroMiniMe
09-13-2005, 04:53 PM
is there an actual meeting spot this year.. or are we just sposed to find eachother?.. also what team are we going on?

From what I'm told for the few years I've gone:
Old timers go blue. Shorter walk to castle/start for the weary older guys/hungover.
Start blue color untill the whole group is moved to white by Harry for overall count or skill.

Hexis always wears a Hawaiian camo shirt and a green marker, usually Emag.
Suicidal Sniper is the smaller guy with the camera/video, sometimes a plushy nutcup protector
Jayloo is the bigger guy with camera/video
Don't mess with Harry or Loud Tim, they are both salty pirates.
I've tried unsuccessfully to meet Automag1483/Geoff the last three games now

Us Minnesota folk stay at the Marriot and eat at the Charcoal grill Saturday night for the most part. Movie on Friday.

Gas is going to suck this year. If I make it, its gonna be on the cheap.

rifleman wi
09-13-2005, 05:11 PM
yea.. i talked to jayloo and snyper the last 2 years... there pretty cool.. i saw your emag last year.. it was sweet :) i hope mine shows up soon.. harry and lt are cool.. and ive hung out with automagrt1483 the last 2 years.. hees a cool guy.. :) did we all go blue in the spring?.. i dont rember..

redrynn
09-18-2005, 01:46 PM
HI..all havent posted much but im planning on being there on Sunday...Hope to see you there....Ill go Blue...

AutomagRT1483
09-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I'd say rally on me again...but we know how well that goes. lol.

I really dont know how best to find someone. I know what Hexis looks like. So I surpose I'll just try and find him.

Yah rifleman... I am a cool guy. The kids just love me. ;)

I usually go blue so I can start at the white castle. Hopefully we can meet up there if at the very latest.

rifleman wi
09-19-2005, 07:46 AM
allright geoff.. ill see ya at the blue fort if i dont see you sooner.. ill def. be there saterday.. goona get there early too i usually park in the campground right when you drive in on the right.. hope to see you guys there.... ohh is your brother coming?.. hees a cool too..

Hexis
09-19-2005, 01:17 PM
As safely assumed I will be there. The Wife is tagging along, and Nagash (my brother) will be joining us as well.

AutomagRT1483
09-19-2005, 02:17 PM
I think Im parking in the campgrounds. It's safer in there. I just ordered 3 and half cases 30 minutes ago. Yeah, my bro is coming and so is Smoke (after a year in retirement from the Big Game)

rifleman wi
09-19-2005, 06:25 PM
allright.. ill see you 3 there .. i gotta go there on sat. and order my case still..

ArmySyko
09-20-2005, 08:48 AM
It shouldn't be hard to miss me. I'll be just getting out of Indiana by that date if I'm lucky. I'll be in digitized desert fatigues with a small pair of "tanker glasses" on my noggin. I'll probably have a shemagh on my head if it's cool with one of MicroMiniMe's spare masks.

Just be kind. It'll be my first PB event in many many years. :shooting:

AutomagRT1483
09-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Just be kind. It'll be my first PB event in many many years. :shooting:

Just stay on my side then. ;)

Archangel Zer0
09-23-2005, 09:27 AM
It's too bad Action Packed Paintball has their big game the same days. I think it's because it's owned by the guy who founded Paintball Sam's, and his wife got Sam's in the divorce. Regardless I find that he runs the tightest ship I've ever seen with the safest games around. Some of you guys should consider trying it out sometime.

MicroMiniMe
09-23-2005, 06:02 PM
It's too bad Action Packed Paintball has their big game the same days. I think it's because it's owned by the guy who founded Paintball Sam's, and his wife got Sam's in the divorce. Regardless I find that he runs the tightest ship I've ever seen with the safest games around. Some of you guys should consider trying it out sometime.

They both must love paintball. Nikki runs a very safe field and has well seasoned refs. Where is Action Packed, it almost has to be closer to MN than Racine. Maybe some summer even game if they run one.

MicroMiniMe
09-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Extended outlook looks great. The weather is usually great, but the forecast is off some years and keeps some away. Might be a record attendance Saturday or past 600 at least. Maybe the Packers sucking so bad will get some more out for Sunday too (not that the whole NFC North doesn't suck as a whole either).

Any good movie coming out Friday?

Any field changes for Sams, they get the other field dug up yet?

Hexis
09-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Any good movie coming out Friday?

Any good movie? Stab me in the heart why don't you. This friday has been long awated since the first previews by all FireFly fans. This friday is Serenity.

MicroMiniMe
09-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Any good movie? Stab me in the heart why don't you. This friday has been long awated since the first previews by all FireFly fans. This friday is Serenity.
Oh, my bad.
So do you wanna fly this ship?

I'd go to a midnight showing of that. F sleep.
/glad I didn't waste money on 'Man on Fire'
/ranks up there with Hitchhikers for 'good flick'

Hows the focker, any work-from-home this week?

Hexis
09-26-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm just going to take thursday off and get all the gear ready.

AutomagRT1483
09-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Yea, I've been waiting on the new hyperball field for 2 years now. I was out there mid june, last I saw it wasnt up yet. I just hope all this rain we got this weekend didnt flood Nic. Yeah, them Packers sure do suck this season. I went to Lambau Field on Sunday when they played the Bucs. I am by no means a fan of the Packers, but they got robbed by those refs and the two missed field goal attempts. He was hitting them from 50 yards out in the downpooring rain during pre-game practice.

MicroMiniMe
09-26-2005, 04:04 PM
I just hope all this rain we got this weekend didnt flood Nic.
This spring was the first time I was on Nic and the northern part off the village WASN'T soggy/flooded.
Late in games I was able to come behind groups on the middle fort by cruising the drainage creek bed on Suday too on the shortened field.

kelwguy53403
09-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Been a while for me paintballing, I'll be there. kewlguy53403 aka 'Big Andy' aka 'Not so Big Andy'...

Hexis
09-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Got the cocker fully cleaned and the new parts on it last night. Other than a lil reg/IVG tweaking it's all set. My TunaBlade for my emag is in the mail (and will be there by thursday). New toys are fun. It's gonna be a good weekend.

rifleman wi
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
you gotta let me try the tunablade.. i was contemplating getting one.. but my emags still at anno.. you have the silver chord v2 emag right?

MicroMiniMe
09-27-2005, 04:26 PM
.. you have the silver chord v2 emag right?
That was mine, it ran the Fireblade. Sadly I had to sell it, so we can't do a side by side performance test.
If you seen it though, I probably wasn't using it, it was a great loaner. Why should friends use rentals when our group has enough nice loaners and gives them no reason to buy their own to play 2x a year at Sams. :)

Hexis
09-27-2005, 04:28 PM
No, I have a green ULE Emag, pewter body and valve. Gunny (MicroMiniMe) had the cord emag.

I'll be happy to let folks check out the tunablade.

*edit* fixed tense, guess he sold it.

rifleman wi
09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
ohh, ok.. i rember seeing the silver chord last year....i wish my emag was done..:( .. but theres allways spring big game.. :shooting:

MicroMiniMe
09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
*edit* fixed tense, guess he sold it.
I think the wife would have had me out on the street if I owned the Emag, Viking and Excalibur and was building the Merlin.
I downgraded the Viking to a stock milled as well just this past week. I won't worry so much loaning it out and getting scratched up. Might get the itch to send it for milling but will probably sell it too.
Excal and Merlin should be plenty for awile. Waiting for STD to come out with something perhaps.

AutomagRT1483
09-27-2005, 04:47 PM
What do you still need for your emag rifleman?

My Karta Sex-Mag has been done for a year now. :D

rifleman wi
09-27-2005, 08:09 PM
What do you still need for your emag rifleman?
My Karta Sex-Mag has been done for a year now. :D

i need it to get back from eye milling and anno.. and i need TAG to finish the pred 2 emag board..other than that..i have all the other parts i need to finish it..waiting sux.. :(

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
09-27-2005, 11:12 PM
i'll be attending. i'll be the one wearing the shirt reading "I'm a Cheater..." in the front and "But then again you're in the deadbox" in the back... (i might get some funny looks but o well)

rifleman wi
09-28-2005, 06:56 AM
i'll be attending. i'll be the one wearing the shirt reading "I'm a Cheater..." in the front and "But then again you're in the deadbox" in the back... (i might get some funny looks but o well)

you goona have your digi cam? i need some pix of me paintballing.. my otherones are getting old..im sure ill find you somewhere on sat..

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
09-28-2005, 10:56 PM
i plan on just bringing a small 2mp digital camera but sure i'll take pics of you

SeeK
09-29-2005, 12:40 AM
I'll have my digital cam with me. I just need to find a way to stay in the action while taking pics.

MicroMiniMe
09-29-2005, 08:29 AM
i plan on just bringing a small 2mp digital camera but sure i'll take pics of you
Is Jayloo coming again?

Should be nice weather so they could be some fun video opportunity for big pushes in the barrel field/hyperball area again.

Hexis
09-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Nagash is coming, I'll ask him to bring the DV cam. I'll also have one (or more) digitals. Maybe I'll spend a few rounds shooting images, not people.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
09-29-2005, 03:58 PM
not sure if jayloo can make it, as for taking pictures while playing... i've done it before :) i'll try to get some nice shots of everyone (lcd screen took a hit so i can't see the picture once i take it but the pictures come out really nice on the pc)

Hexis
09-30-2005, 12:38 AM
I'll have my laptop and CF reader with so we can check out images between games.

SeeK
09-30-2005, 08:23 PM
I'll have my laptop and CF reader with so we can check out images between games.

Good idea. I've got a CD burner on mine so bring blanks.

Hexis
10-01-2005, 12:15 AM
I think I have a few blanks. I gots plenty of space on the laptop and portable drive I have with. If anyone reads this before they leave tomorrow, pring CDRs (or DVD-Rs, I can burn eiter).

Darn, just realized that I forgot the CF reader. If anyone has one, I would greatly appreciate if they bring it with so I can dump cards. I only brought with 3g worth of CF.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-01-2005, 06:34 AM
i'll bring some cdrs :)
see you all in a few hours

Hexis
10-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Cool, found the CF reader. So I can dump ad store any CF media on top my laptop. If anyoone has CF cards that they want to dump, bring em to the back of camping/field/parking area.

Tyger
10-04-2005, 01:53 AM
On Jayloo, the high res version (http://www.jayloo.com/videos/show_vid/2269.html)

or Click here to watch FPS2low (http://media.putfile.com/FPS2low) on Putfile, low res and fast load.

I know, the resolution sucks. I think I rendered it poorly, and I'm learning from mistakes. I'm thinking or restarting from scratch too, because it's bothering ME. But, this is the "goggle cam" footage from the first game of the weekend on Saturday. Enjoy.

-Tyger

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-04-2005, 12:23 PM
time for you to get a lense hood to get rid of the glare, but a good video.

Tyger
10-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I didn't realise it 'till after I got the footage. I don't think I can get a hood for that, and if I did I don't think it would have helped with as low as the sun was. Hey, I'm learning the new system!

-Tyg

Hexis
10-04-2005, 04:38 PM
It's off axis light that gives that kind of lense flare, a hood will help a lot. You can get generic hoods for anything with a threaded mount. They are pretty cheap.

Learning is all good.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-04-2005, 06:46 PM
why not make you're own? it doesn't need to be fancy :)

ArmySyko
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Awesome video from the scene. I was about 72 hours late on the trip. Darned outprocessing station. :mad: I'm still hoping to get out this season.

Moozer
10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Nice video Tyger. I had to idea you were taping that whole thing. And if any of you think I was stealing all the glory by capping the flag (since that was me who took it the final 3 feet) I'd like to point out the part where I tried to form a human shield to get Tyger in there safely. Of course we deployed the meat shield so as to protect him from *enemies* which turned out to be a tactical error. Next time Tyger, I'll take the flag back and you can carry it the last couple feet to glory.

And I'm still disappointed I didn't get a star, but at least there's video proof. Yay!

AutomagRT1483
10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Thats because Nikki won't order any more stars because they "cost too much" or so Harry told me.

Scooter's got a nice one of me posted on Mental Mike.Tyger knows who he is. Don't know about the rest of ya.

Link (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0BL9001A000130&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1)

Tyger got my bro out on TygerCam too! Sweet stuff man.

Hexis
10-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Found a couple of me, the shirt tends to attract attention:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0BL9001A000027&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=0BL9001A000026

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0BL9001A000037&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0BL9001A000128&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

was i the most colorful player on the field? :p