PDA

View Full Version : what kind of gun's speed is an emag compaired to

matwizard08
08-30-2005, 09:21 PM
ok what is the speed of an emag compaired 2 like what kind of guns it has an xvlave and 1.32 software.

Maggot6
08-30-2005, 09:26 PM
No idea on the software, but a viking is comparable to speed.

personman
08-30-2005, 09:45 PM
anything else that's capped at 16 bps

Magz_rule
08-30-2005, 09:57 PM
No idea on the software, but a viking is comparable to speed.

No...

Duzzy
08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Please dont double post

I think we can let it slide since it isn't hurting anything... ;)

Anyways, you really can't compare the trigger to much else because it operates in a different manner from every other gun I know of.

However, it should be capable of at least 13 bps and all software that I know of is true semi only. With that software I'm not sure how fast it can go in Hybrid mode so I won't comment.

I wouldn't say comparable with anything really. Most guns now come with ramping or at least a 15 bps cap so it is on the "slower" side. It cannot compete with a Viking in part because of the valve and in part because of the selonoid which I believe starts to die at around 22 bps. However, I wouldn't call 13 bps slow. But get the software updated so that you can get all the nifty features and get the shot cap up to 20+.

Hope that helped.

Also on a side note, when people see that you have taken time to create a post, they generally take time to reply... Good English is immensely appreciated by many on this site.

Carbon
08-31-2005, 01:21 AM
1.32 is capped at 16 bps. So it is comparable to pretty much any modern paintball gun with popular tourney modes activated.

the ease of firing and emag with a tuned trigger may take getting a bit use to.

atm743
08-31-2005, 01:28 AM
the ease of firing and emag with a tuned trigger may take getting a bit use to.

very true

my emag even tuned by emag was hard to get it over 14 bps

with my viking on semi its soooooooo easy to get it over 16

BigEvil
08-31-2005, 06:56 AM
I have a very light trigger set up on both my emag and xmag.. I shimmed the magnet with an oring and some small peices of index cards. I used a hole puncher to make the peices.

As far as what the gun can actually shoot... it is as fast as any other true-semi gun. The 3.2 software is capped at 20 bps. I have been playing alot more rec ball for the last few months in semi-only games and I have had no problems throwing paint at all.

Maggot6
08-31-2005, 09:14 AM
No...

What are you talking about? The only thing I have seen keep up with a mag is a viking, Zak's SFL and Some other guys (or maybe his) viking, the viking did I think 32 bps, and th esfl did 31 or so. And after a test or two, the mech mag went 34 bps.

Duzzy
08-31-2005, 09:20 AM
You do know that the Selonoid can't handle 31 bps right? I think it maxes out at 24 or so and that is pushing it into the red zone. I will try and find the post where I saw this.

TheTramp
08-31-2005, 09:44 AM
It cannot compete with a Viking in part because of the valve and in part because of the selonoid which I believe starts to die at around 22 bps.

You're right about the selonoid but incorrect about the valve.

The valve can re-charge completely faster than anything out there. The "completely" part is the most important. Perhaps you could get another gun to "cycle" faster but you would in no way be getting 300fps out of it.

Soooo....while the E-Mag could theoreticly shoot at 300fps faster than other guns, the selonoid mechanicly caps it in the low twentys even if the software didn't (which it does ;) )

hs2000
08-31-2005, 10:08 AM
I hate threads that are also posted on pbnation.com
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=16112007#post16112007

TheTramp
08-31-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't bother with the AGD forum over there so it dosen't bother me.

Maggot6
08-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Well, I know the mag can't go over 22 ish electronically, but in mech it can. THat is what I was referring to.

Duzzy
08-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Ah, Z-man's rapid fire stuff... I get ya. Out of curiousity were you using a scooba? That makes much more sense because my other comment would have been you can't pull the trigger 31 bps.

*Edit*

On the PBNation post someone says with the Predator board you won't have to worry about a cap. Maybe not, but I wouldn't set any settings higher than 22 bps if you do. An E-mag going 30 bps might look cool for a little while, but I think it would be an expensive mistake.

TheTramp
08-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Ah, Z-man's rapid fire stuff... I get ya. Out of curiousity were you using a scooba? That makes much more sense because my other comment would have been you can't pull the trigger 31 bps..

He was running it directly off a SCUBA tank at several thousand PSI I believe.

On the PBNation post someone says with the Predator board you won't have to worry about a cap. Maybe not, but I wouldn't set any settings higher than 22 bps if you do. An E-mag going 30 bps might look cool for a little while, but I think it would be an expensive mistake.

As far as I know the E-Mag Pred board will pretty much has the same code as all the other versions so no 20bps cap. As you say, I sure wouldn't want to replace my noid just to show that my E-Mag will shoot 30bps. :)

Magz_rule
08-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, I know the mag can't go over 22 ish electronically, but in mech it can. THat is what I was referring to.

The topic was referring to an Emag, Not a mech mag. ;)

Duzzy
08-31-2005, 01:33 PM
And said E-Mag also has a mech mode on it... So it fits in with the topic perfectly, even if it isn't really relevant to normal play.

matwizard08
08-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Ok I propose another question. If i were to buy a predator board with all the nifty programs. Would I be able to keep up with anything out there? These boards will bring a hole new word to EMAG. This board lets you install eyes and lets you ramp and do all the other amazing things. Would this make my gun any better? Would it be able to be capiable with the noid? I have this board ordered already so i would like to know would it be better than a Angel Speed? Would It be good as a 05 timmy,shocker,nerve and all that other junk or am i just wasting my time with Emag?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Duzzy
08-31-2005, 07:07 PM
If you want a "cool" gun then buy something else. Personally, I like the feel of my X-mag. It just feels good.

mag88888
08-31-2005, 07:11 PM
who cares about how fast we can make a mag go illegally. were comparing an e-mag in semi to other guns also in semi. its not like we can walk around on the field with our mags hooked up to scuba tanks shooting 25-30 bps. although that could be pretty fun... :shooting:

matwizard08
08-31-2005, 07:29 PM
This board is fully leagl in every tournament. Aftershock uses them on there dm5's and i dont relly plan on walking around with a scuba tank lol but that would be awsome.

yakitori
08-31-2005, 07:34 PM
the RT valve or xvalve can only recharge that fast at high input pressures. The valve is rated at 3000 psi. Running that much air through something, no wonder it recharges so fast. Not really all that much to brag about. W/ preset input it likely wont recharge past the advertised 26bps.

An emag is in no comparison to a viking in terms of speed. Esp if you are talking e mode. i would compare the emag more to the Ion in terms of speed and trigger. They are both magnetic triggers, the Ion is only capped at 17bps, so w/ that software, thats the closest comparison.

matwizard08
08-31-2005, 07:50 PM
thank you yakitori dinaly an answer I was looking for! It shoots alot like an ion speed and trigger wise thats not 2 bad. with the predator board i can get a he*l of alot faster.

Army
09-01-2005, 12:48 AM
the RT valve or xvalve can only recharge that fast at high input pressures. The valve is rated at 3000 psi. Running that much air through something, no wonder it recharges so fast. Not really all that much to brag about. W/ preset input it likely wont recharge past the advertised 26bps.

Nope. Regardless of input pressure, the A.I.R. valve will reduce that to 350-450psi, and still hit the ball with around 60psi.

The RT valve fully recharges regardless of tank output.

The originally tested 26 CYCLES per second in 1996 was not the valve limit, but only as fast as the computer could go. Later testing showed well over 32 BALLS per second with no measurable shootdown.

FSU_Paintball
09-01-2005, 07:52 AM
There's a lot of technical stuff floating around in this thread, but here's the skinny:

In practical use, you'll probably find it slower than most electros these days.

warbeak2099
09-01-2005, 08:05 AM
I don't know how you come to that conclusion. An electro is an electro. The only thing that would make one electro faster than another would be the board, the switch, or the gun's ability to cycle fast enough. Let's take a look here. The emag can cycle past 26bps w/o shootdown, that's been proven. The 3.2 board is capped at 20bps, no one can pull that in semi. The HES sensor in place of a microswitch has got to be the lightest pull I've ever felt. I would compare it to the eblades I've shot, but it can compete with most any electro out there. The only thing it doesn't have is ramping and the predator board fixes that.

TheTramp
09-01-2005, 08:12 AM
You've hit the nail on the head.

A lot of the E-Mag's speed possibilities have to do with how you've set the trigger up. It's a bit of an art to get it to get it short, soft, and with a good return.

I'd put an E-Mag with at least the 3.5 and a "professionally" set-up trigger up against any other gun so long as that gun had a reasonable debounce setting.

FSU_Paintball
09-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Yes but, chances are he's not going to have a "professionally" set up trigger, and the mag has 1.32 software. So it's slower than most guns right now.

yakitori
09-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Nope. Regardless of input pressure, the A.I.R. valve will reduce that to 350-450psi, and still hit the ball with around 60psi.

The RT valve fully recharges regardless of tank output.

The originally tested 26 CYCLES per second in 1996 was not the valve limit, but only as fast as the computer could go. Later testing showed well over 32 BALLS per second with no measurable shootdown.

I know what the air valve reduces to, and I didnt even say anything about how much pressure is dumped on a ball. Im saying that it wont recharge to the 32+bps you are claiming w/out a high input pressure.

I know the RT valve fully recharges, but still I dont believe it will cycle at 34bps or so w/o a higher input pressure.

and let me ask, how do you know there was no shootdown? Its pretty damn hard to measure velocity of each ball when shooting 32bps.

Its still comparable to an Ion in E MODE......just like I said. W/ that software. Even 3.2 is capped at 20, big difference....wow....3bps. You wont be getting 32+bps w/o cranking up the input pressure and sweetspotting, bouncing, or rapid firing....whatever ya wanna call it.

TheTramp
09-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Yes but, chances are he's not going to have a "professionally" set up trigger, and the mag has 1.32 software. So it's slower than most guns right now.

That's a good point.

I was talking about the potential more than the set-up he's got.

As far as the Ion comment goes...considering that for the most part no one's really getting much over 17 (the cap) unless their getting help from the board I agree with you. Of course you'll probably say that you always shoot over that in semi with the debounce set at a reasonable level and there’s no point in arguing about that sort of claim.

yakitori
09-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Ion doesnt have debounce. That is why I compared that emag w/ that software to the Ion in terms of speed. And I agree, not many ppl can pull that fast anyway.

TheTramp
09-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Ion doesnt have debounce. That is why I compared that emag w/ that software to the Ion in terms of speed.

And that's a good point as well. :)

Recon by Fire
09-03-2005, 12:37 AM
v1.32? Flash that up to v.32 and you will feel like you have a whole new marker!

Hybrid mode, set the shot buffer low, and crank the pressure up...I think you will find all the BPS yuou will ever need.

All the BPS threads just make me want to play pump only. :cheers: