PDA

View Full Version : Freak barrel twist and lock alive?

barjohn
08-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Can i get a freak or a Freak JR back for a auto mag twist and lock style? if so where can i get one from (web site ) ? thanks.

Cunha
08-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I dont believe there was a twist lock freak junior back ever made, and I dont know if freak junior backs are any different than standard freak backs.

Twist lock barrels are no longer being produced, that said, search the classifieds because they are available. Also search Ebay.

Its twist lock, not twist and lock. :P GL brother.

stoupa
08-31-2005, 01:42 AM
Try Actionvillage, they still have twist-lock Freak backs. There are 3 left stainless backs.

BTW: greetings to fellow POG'er ;)

ben-afficial
08-31-2005, 11:31 AM
i have a freak twistlock barrel 16in wanna buy for like 5 bucks :dance:

siloseven
09-03-2005, 04:23 PM
HammerHead or some related company has twistlock to cocker thred adaptors. one of the best things I ever bought. it is a little metal piece that you install with out modding and set to fit power feed, standered feed or vert feed and you can now take any cocker barrel!!!

I got mine on discount (know the guys for years) so I have no idea what the retail is on them.

I can't find a link or anything but I know they exist.

ZEROte
09-03-2005, 09:41 PM
why dont you call 888 paintball they sell entire freak kits for 119

amrani
09-03-2005, 10:21 PM
the twist lock to cocker thread adapter is made by doc nickle. his site is like docsmachine.com or something. google it.

spsantos
09-04-2005, 06:20 PM
This maybe a BIT off-topic, but from my experience (14 years), only go for those if you're really confident that they are the final choice. If you play regularly, maybe the best bet, if you can spare the amount, is to get an ULE Body, this one allows you to use any cocker-threaded barrel on the market, thus opening a lot more solutions.

In my case, I used my armson 11" barrel for about 12 years, last year, since competition really started to grow here and minor details got more important, one of things I did was to get a 14" borrowed freak barrel.
Last month I changed my MAG body to an ULE and got a Dye Titanium 14", that I can say it is the best so far, but remembering that this also depends on the quality of the paint.

So I believe it is safe to say that you may consider one of the two cases when choosing barrel on an "older" mag:
.1 - If you mainly play recreational, you could stay with twist lock-barrels, they narrow your choices but are more than enough for the need, and there pretty nice still barrels out there.

.2 - If you play more competitive paintball, sometimes you may get the tentation to change barrel, even if it is only to just try to get the best paint/barrel combination, for this an ULE body will let you have the most choices.

I hope I explained myself clearly, english isn't my native language :ninja: