PDA

View Full Version : **Tinymag Project**

Phantom_Mag
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
So, it all started a long time ago when Mike saw his first sydarm. Mike knew he couldnt afford a $350 pistol so he.......

Well heres the first pics of the first steps to my sydarm plan. I have many ideas and its not even near completion. I had an idea to use tip off scope mounts for my 10 round magazine to flip off and screw in the vert Feedneck and the mag could be used as a pistol or a small mag. As a small mag it would use my 3.5oz C02 tanks. But then coming to know the most inmportant part of mags, they are highly upgradeablle and adjustable. So i can just take off the ule and put on my other body i have modded already to fit on the rail. Overall length will eb equal to a sydarm.

Heres the PLAN

1.RPG 15* ASA REVERSED
2.Cutting the rail short enough when it comes flush with the 15* tight against the frame.
3.WAIT FOR ULE BODY IN MAIL. Mill Ule body flush with rail front and curves.
4.Apply 10 Round magazine to top of ULE body.
5.Using long warp powertube make 10 round tube sit back farther and mod so its only 9 round and fits farther back on mag making overall length 1 inch shorter.
6.Get ano
7.......any Ideas.

Im sure there is plenty I left out. But i thought i should let people see so i can get a better idea of plans, and if there are better ideas, Two heads are better then one.

http://students.uww.edu/heldml05/DSC00065.JPG
http://students.uww.edu/heldml05/DSC00066.JPG
http://students.uww.edu/heldml05/DSC00063.JPG

warbeak2099
09-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Mount an asa on the side of the valve and screw the quick changer into it. Get a RPG pariah body instead of the ULE, and you really should've used a classic rail. Then find an Action Markers 10 or 15rd feed tube for an Illusion and screw it into the Pariah body. The Illusion feed tubes were angel threaded. I'd also use a single trigger frame.

Phantom_Mag
09-01-2005, 04:28 PM
The only reason i used a non classic rail was so i could fit the 15* on. I understand iI wouldnt nee dit if the asa was on the valve. I cant use a Pharia body because it will be just a bit short of the edge of the rail, and i want it to be flush. Illusion, ill look into that, i didnt like the look of the asa on the side of the body and valve, i put alot of thought into that. Thanks for the advice. Illusion...illusion...... :cheers:

master_alexander
09-01-2005, 04:45 PM
also put a freak barrel with a one inch tip :D

rellikmok
09-01-2005, 04:48 PM
This looks like a pretty good idea. :clap: The pariah body is wicked cool :cool: but it seems like he is trying to keep it cheap. And the last time I looked, the pariah isn't that cheap. ;)

AGDlover
09-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Get a Classic Frame they are slightly smaller. looks good man :cheers:

B.A.M.
09-01-2005, 05:28 PM
that is sick. You could also put on a 12 gram changer on that like going vert but idk if it would work

Hairball
09-01-2005, 06:30 PM
I could sell you a single-trigger frame.

:D

Looking great though.

behemoth
09-01-2005, 06:36 PM
That rail is ULE'd inside, no?

If you mill it flush, you'll have a big hole in the front of your rail.

Counterfeit_Syn5304
09-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Mike...you just have too many projects going lol. You can't get away from the mech stuff can ya. Oh well, I'll see ya at college....What rail is that by the way?

Mag Master 04
09-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Y grip, ULT and LX it

eXlax
09-01-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm liking it man. It has a real clean look to it compared to other pistol style markers. Be interesting what other kind of barrels you could use on it. Also, be pretty wicked with an x-valve and ULE trigger. Good work man.

Phantom_Mag
09-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah i tossed around the idea of an xvalve, but that throws the idea of it being a pistol away, cant run the x of of c02 unless i use a remote. Also the rail is speciafically non uled for that purpose, im a thinker i was wondering if anyone would catch that. LX might be a possiablity but its harder on air, and im workign with exactly 18 shots, i need everyone. Keep your ideas coming they are great. Ill have to see what like better vert or 15* if i got vert you better bet your goign to see a KARTA rail for sale and a dallara coming my way.
Thanks,
Mike

A-Tach-One
09-01-2005, 10:50 PM
You just love projects don't you? :D There are some good ideas here and have some decisions to make. I can't wait to hear or see where you take this project. :clap: Keep us updated on the progress.

Gitaroo Man
09-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Single trigger looks better

Commissar_Loki
09-01-2005, 11:26 PM
My thoughts.

Having already done this (yet having no digi cam for pics) the action markers 15 rd clip blows. I used this. It took alot of dremeling, and finding the placement for the powerfeed plug. Then, since the 90* from the clip to angel thread has no meat, I have to makeshift an epoxy glue backing (looking like a little boy got too excited on the thing... :eek: )
It works great, however you will have the problem of loading the clip. I drilled the front of it (like the sydarm) but because the only spring I had available was a cheap pt extreme one it had a tendency to shoot out of the loading hole thus making me angry and sad. I fixed this in a very ghetto manner. I epoxied a rubberband that I had cut, and ran it parrellel to the clip, so that it holds the spring in. It works great, but looks terrible. Also I'd suggest buying an edge kit. You have the option of an 8" kit stock (no flash point tips from doc needed).
My ASA is a 15* forward kick by Rogue.

I'll get pics when I can, hopefully at tippmann world challenge.

-Butch

buzzboy
09-02-2005, 06:39 AM
Thats sick looking. Unlike what I have read I think it looks fine with the blade trigger. It just makes it more unique.

Phantom_Mag
09-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Well, thanks for all the ideas and advice, final decisions are yet to be made, i guess when the parts come ill see what i like best, The Karta Rail Kut Up starts today, hope i dont mess up.
Thanks,
Mike

Lohman446
09-02-2005, 10:24 AM
So.. since Mike could not afford $350 for a sydarm dare I ask what this project cost him?

Phantom_Mag
09-02-2005, 10:42 AM
HAHA, i was waiting for that, just waiting, Well yes i let greed get the best of me, but i had much in trade for this marker which the Sydarm owners foudn no intrest in. Total without the parts i traded would run an average person about.....
Intelli-$70
Body- $80
12 G ADP-$15
Rail-$80
Barrel- Well About $30
Valve-$50
10rd Magazine- $30
RPG 15* ASA- $30
MISC Parts-$30
TOTAL w/o trades= $445

WHAT I NEEDED AND SPENT
Rail-$80
Body-$80
RPG 15* ASA-$30
Magazine-$10
TOTAL=$200

This mag could have been made as cheap as $185 for everything if you bought seperate, There really is no need for a KARTA rail or intelli and a high rise vert body would have worked just as well. You could make the mag even cheaper if you bought a classic and a few odds and ends. LOL i always choose the difficult way dont I.

These prices are prices for the finished product NOT what you see there. Heck i could made this marker with what i had for Free, but i guess i wanted to add that little something. You kinda forget what you spend when you buy piece by piece, thanks for keeping me honest.
Thanks,
Mike
PS-For some reason i think this is going to be better then a sydarm when im completed.
Also there is a lot of logics going into the sydarm Your paying alot for that Body a feedtube and air flow when all else you have is a cheap rail and frame.

B.A.M.
09-02-2005, 09:44 PM
hey when you finish post the final pics cuz i might make my own tinymag cuz this looks sick

Recon by Fire
09-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Love the project and that SP Venturi barrel! I miss mine :(

Phantom_Mag
09-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Okay so i started the moding. I got the 15* yesterday, and went to work and some more ideas fell into my head. I first cut, carved, and curved the rail to fit just past the 15* reversed. And drilled the hole for the 15*. I also drilled two other holes with are unoticeable when you have an asa on. These two holes are intended to hold a horizontal asa and a 12g off the front (underneath the barrel). I can do either ill have to see which is more eye apealing when im done. Ill have a few more pics today or tomarrow. Then soon she will be off for ano. Lohman will love that lol Put in a few more Bucks :D :D
Thanks for the interest,
Mike

Maggot6
09-03-2005, 07:27 PM
If you could get a zgrip on that, it would be absolutely beautiful.

B.A.M.
09-21-2005, 07:39 PM
any updates?

Phantom_Mag
09-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Updates at this linky
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183454